Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Check For Work In Rabbitholes (UPDATED: 26 December 2019)

by gamefreak130 Posted 5th Aug 2019 at 8:49 PM - Updated 27th Dec 2019 at 8:19 PM by gamefreak130 : Updated Description

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 11:09 PM
Another great career-related mod! Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 1:44 AM
Love how this is making active sims more proactive with their career choice! No more crossing fingers for the odd opportunity notification. What an amazing scripting work. Thank you so much.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 8:09 AM
This is brilliant, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 2:32 PM
Package with RU translation
In attachment
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  CheckForWork_RU.7z (7.0 KB, 10 downloads)
Description: Already built in, don't download.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 4:05 PM
I like it! Just a question. If I don't check for Work, will the opportunities still come by phone anyway?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I like it! Just a question. If I don't check for Work, will the opportunities still come by phone anyway?

Yes, this mod should not affect opportunity phone calls; Sims should still get those as they normally would.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 11:33 PM
Oh, cool; opportunities make the game a lot more interesting!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:34 AM
Something else I didn't know I needed, but now I do! Thanks very much for enhancing our game!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 11:30 AM
Default French Translation !
Here is a French Translation for you, congratulation !
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Gamefreak130_CheckForWork_FRENCH.zip (7.3 KB, 6 downloads)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:26 AM
Thank you for the hard work, this is a very good mod idea!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 5:20 PM
NEW UPDATE: AUGUST 10, 2019

Changelog:
  • Added Russian and French translations. Thanks Knight and SecretX!

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:08 PM
Great! Here's the Swedish translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gamefreak130_CheckForWork.rar (7.4 KB, 8 downloads)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:13 AM
NEW UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

Changelog:
  • Added Swedish translation. Thanks flygplats!

Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 3:31 AM
I finally tried this out today, but I'm having problems where they just go in and out of the place, and there's no Notification about no opportunities at this time.

What am I doing wrong? Is it conflicting with NRass? Is it because the Sims I tried it with have part-time jobs?

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Space Pony
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I finally tried this out today, but I'm having problems where they just go in and out of the place, and there's no Notification about no opportunities at this time.

What am I doing wrong? Is it conflicting with NRass? Is it because the Sims I tried it with have part-time jobs?

Your Sims aren't "jumping" immediately out of the rabbithole without using the doors to exit, right? It's most likely a mod conflict; does it work correctly with no other mods installed?

Forum Resident
#17 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Starry Might : 21st Sep 2019 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Skills are required for it to work at all
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Your Sims aren't "jumping" immediately out of the rabbithole without using the doors to exit, right? It's most likely a mod conflict; does it work correctly with no other mods installed?

They go in and out of the doors without "jumping" or "resetting" as far as I know. I could try a test save soon to see if something is indeed conflicting.

EDIT: Actually, it turned out it was because the Sims in question had no Skills, and once they had at least one learned, it started working as intended with the right rabbitholes (no opportunities yet, but at least it said so!). VERY sorry for my PICNIC ("Problem In Chair, Not In Computer") moment, thanks for making this!

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 5:50 PM
Do you think it would be possible to make it so that installing the Adventure Board in a normal world would give these oppurtunities too?

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
Do you think it would be possible to make it so that installing the Adventure Board in a normal world would give these oppurtunities too?

That's a good idea. I'm sure it could be done, but I think it's beyond the scope of this particular mod. I will add it to my to-do list, though!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 4:09 PM
I’ve wanted something like this for a long time. Thanks for delivering!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 6:19 AM
What an a clever idea, don't wait for it, go for it, brilliant!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 5:08 AM
NEW UPDATE: DECEMBER 26, 2019

Changelog:
  • Sims can now receive Scuba Diving opportunities over the phone, rather than being restricted to checking for work in Rabbitholes

Please clear caches and redownload!

Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 11:05 PM
I have a question concerning compatibility conflicts.

Does this Mod crash with that Mod that fixes the "Into the Future" glitch that suppresses all oppurtunities? I'm trying to figure out what is crashing my game. Simply using the "cut in half" method won't work, because it takes hours for a crash to actually begin.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
I have a question concerning compatibility conflicts.

Does this Mod crash with that Mod that fixes the "Into the Future" glitch that suppresses all oppurtunities? I'm trying to figure out what is crashing my game. Simply using the "cut in half" method won't work, because it takes hours for a crash to actually begin.

I have the two mods installed together in my game with no issue. You may want to use the Crash Log Analyzer to get a better idea of what might be causing the crashes.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 11:19 AM
Thank you!
Page 1 of 2