Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 10:03 PM
Default Sleeping in ownable hotel and motel
Hi there, is there a mod that allows customer sims to sleep on ownable hotel?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 2:08 AM
You can refer to this thread. For a tl;dr version, though, the findings were:
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
You would have to keep the hotel as a regular community lot. When you play as the owner, you would run the business as a ticket machine biz and maybe do the bar and restaurant thing. Then, when playing other sims, they can visit OFB owned businesses as long as the owner isn't there and all the appropriate staff is hired. Others wouldn't be able to book a vacation there but they could visit the lot and stay a few nights or days, thanks to the magic of community lot time, and you can use mods (like the lot ownership mod) to sent rent to the right people. It wouldn't be a true vacation where you could use the lot as a home base. It's more of a weekend away in the city setup than the whole vacation to a far away land setup.

You would also need the sleep on community lots mod.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 2:29 AM
If you want to run a B&B you can by setting the home as a business and using a ticket machine then grabbing sims and making them selectable and have them click on a uni dorm to claim and lock. That's how I play one anyway.
You can't own and run a proper hotel.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 7:32 PM
I don't know if this may be useful. You don't get to actually play it but you can assign a playable as the owner.

I never used them so I don't know how well it works.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_LotRights.htm

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...