Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
*simsample gets magnifying glass out* That's no good for me, I need bigger things to click on!
This is what I get using DXWnd, my screen resolution is 1440x900:

It's the most satisfactory solution I found to get this result on my hardware; I daresay others will have different preferences and different solutions for their own hardware.

Hex value for 1440x900
Quote:
20 03 00 00 C7 45 E0 58 02 00 00 6A 01 6A 00 68 20 AD 6C 00 8B 4D EC E8 9F 1C 0E 00 0F B6 C0 85 C0 74 0E C7 45 F0 A0 05 00 00 C7 45 E0 84 03

UI files for 1440x900 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/5nsw...UI1440.rar/file

Have fun
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 4:30 PM
Thanks, yes I tried it- but as you can see, with DxWnd I get fullscreen windowed, without that black border, which I really like.
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 7:15 PM
Thanks, yes I tried it- but as you can see, with DxWnd I get fullscreen windowed, without that black border, which I really like.

the black border is only in the neighbourhood view, normal gameplay is full screen and shows more then on normal resolutions
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 11:28 AM
Yes, I can get it to work in fullscreen no problem, although of course the neighbourhood screen is tiny, which I don't like. But if I put it into widescreen windowed then I have part of the UI off the bottom of the screen, as I can't find a way to satisfactorily borderless run it. DXWnd gives me exactly what I want- enlarged neighbourhood view and borderless windows. I tried some other utilities to try to force borderless but DXWnd was the one I found works best for me with little overhead on Sims 1. I haven't figured out how to get it to run widescreen on that (although I haven't fiddled with it much, I'm happy with full screen letterboxed as per my screenshots) and other utilities where I have managed to get widescreen borderless windowed have given me the stretched neighbourhood window. I'm not too worried about widescreen; I only have a very old monitor anyway on my sims PC and ancient graphics card, so what I get is enlarged SVGA which is good enough for what I want. I appreciate your attempts to get me running with widescreen, but I spent a lot of time a few years ago when I went to Win 10, on hex editing the exes and running with various APIs and this was my favourite solution. It works well for taking screenshots for me too.
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 1:37 PM
Yes, I can get it to work in fullscreen no problem, although of course the neighbourhood screen is tiny, which I don't like. But if I put it into widescreen windowed then I have part of the UI off the bottom of the screen, as I can't find a way to satisfactorily borderless run it. DXWnd gives me exactly what I want- enlarged neighbourhood view and borderless windows. I tried some other utilities to try to force borderless but DXWnd was the one I found works best for me with little overhead on Sims 1. I haven't figured out how to get it to run widescreen on that (although I haven't fiddled with it much, I'm happy with full screen letterboxed as per my screenshots) and other utilities where I have managed to get widescreen borderless windowed have given me the stretched neighbourhood window. I'm not too worried about widescreen; I only have a very old monitor anyway on my sims PC and ancient graphics card, so what I get is enlarged SVGA which is good enough for what I want. I appreciate your attempts to get me running with widescreen, but I spent a lot of time a few years ago when I went to Win 10, on hex editing the exes and running with various APIs and this was my favourite solution. It works well for taking screenshots for me too.

Yeah the tiny neighbourhood is annoying, but sadly thats the way the games works. I know the feeling with spending alot of time to get it right on Win 10. The most important one for me was dgVoodoo 2, before every alt-tab just made the game unplayable with glitches or crashes.

Its so much easier on my old Win XP setup :D
Page 2 of 2