Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

541 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 22
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#401 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by that1chica
hi, this may be answered elsewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it. I'm trying to clone the new cottage living mesh and recolors, but only the recolors are extracting. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you!

If I understand you correctly, you're making a clone package and only the CASPs are included in it. That's the normal behavior of CASTools; it clones only the CASP with links to the EA meshes and textures, then you can extract the EA meshes in the Mesh Manager tab and when you import a new or modified mesh it will be added to your cloned package and the links updated.

Hope that answers your question!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#402 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 4:29 PM
This tool is a timesaver like no other!
Test Subject
#403 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 8:36 PM
why can't I open package?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#404 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thyagom
why can't I open package?

No idea. Upload it if you want me to take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#405 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
No idea. Upload it if you want me to take a look.

what category for new nails? wanted to change some nails i have to the new category.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#406 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thyagom
what category for new nails? wanted to change some nails i have to the new category.

Right now you can find them under "Other" in the cloning tab. When you open the package for editing the type will show up as "All" but if you don't make ANY changes in the "General CAS Part Properties" tab it should keep the correct type.

I'm working on an update, still have to get the cloning filtering working right but hopefully it'll be done tomorrow or the next day.

Test Subject
#407 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 12:22 AM
Right now you can find them under "Other" in the cloning tab. When you open the package for editing the type will show up as "All" but if you don't make ANY changes in the "General CAS Part Properties" tab it should keep the correct type.

I'm working on an update, still have to get the cloning filtering working right but hopefully it'll be done tomorrow or the next day.

THX <3 I will be waiting!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#408 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 5:30 PM
Version 3.5.3 uploaded with support for fingernails and toenails and a few other small fixes.

Test Subject
#409 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 4:05 PM
Is it possible to have fingernails and toenails under excluded parts? Or am I just missing it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#410 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
Is it possible to have fingernails and toenails under excluded parts? Or am I just missing it?

Good catch! Version 3.5.3.1 is uploaded with finger and toe nails added to the exclude parts.

Test Subject
#411 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 3:27 PM
Good catch! Version 3.5.3.1 is uploaded with finger and toe nails added to the exclude parts.

Thank you! These exclusions are invaluable.

Also, is there a way to use the auto-assign uv_1 generator in a way that doesn't increase the amount of vertices?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#412 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 8:10 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Sep 2021 at 3:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
Thank you! These exclusions are invaluable.

Also, is there a way to use the auto-assign uv_1 generator in a way that doesn't increase the amount of vertices?

I'll look into it!

Edit: The uv1 assignment splits the seams, which shouldn't be necessary. I'll work on a new method for the next version.

Test Subject
#413 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 4:09 AM
Would it be possible to add multi-select functionality to the tool? Being able to select multiple packages to change things like Part Type or Order in CAS would be amazing and save a lot of time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#414 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 8:32 PM
Hi! Thank you so much for this tool! Is it possible to add option to copy Diffuse Map Instance number from one package to another (for all swatches)? It is used for making texture referencing for recolors (maybe for something other too). Here's a tutorial for texture referencing - https://chimaerae.tumblr.com/texreftut
Lab Assistant
#415 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 3:22 PM
Default Arm issue when importing meshes
Hi there! This tool is so essential and makes things so easy as a creator who doesn't like blender.

I've had a continuing issue mostly effecting tops, specifically the arm weights glitching when performing certain animations (such as the vampire animations) or poses which causes the left arm to swing out. Outside of these select actions there are seemingly no issues with the weights and they perform as expected in most cases, however the glitches do appear when triggered.

Discovering this pose has atleast given me a way to check meshes with the glitch (22 individual meshes so far) but I am unsure as to why it occurs or a solid method to fix it.

In some cases I've found removing all bone assignments in milkshape and re-importing the mesh then auto-assigning can fix it; but not in every case which is even more confusing as to what causes it and how to prevent/fix it. I've also tried every button in auto tools to fix it and still no luck.

I've attached the package and a screenshot of the glitch on one of the items using the pose via poseplayer 'a_portraitThumbnail_female_05_x', highlighting the wild arm. In addition to a screenshot of the same 'a_portraitThumbnail_female_05_x' pose with no glitches.

Any help, fixes or advice on this would be so greatly appreciated so I can begin to fix the mountain of cc its effecting!

best wishes,
Sentate
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sentate-2020-MaidenTop.zip (2.83 MB, 4 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#416 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 3:35 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Dec 2021 at 4:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sentate
Hi there! This tool is so essential and makes things so easy as a creator who doesn't like blender.

I've had a continuing issue mostly effecting tops, specifically the arm weights glitching when performing certain animations (such as the vampire animations) or poses which causes the left arm to swing out. Outside of these select actions there are seemingly no issues with the weights and they perform as expected in most cases, however the glitches do appear when triggered.

Discovering this pose has atleast given me a way to check meshes with the glitch (22 individual meshes so far) but I am unsure as to why it occurs or a solid method to fix it.

In some cases I've found removing all bone assignments in milkshape and re-importing the mesh then auto-assigning can fix it; but not in every case which is even more confusing as to what causes it and how to prevent/fix it. I've also tried every button in auto tools to fix it and still no luck.

I've attached the package and a screenshot of the glitch on one of the items using the pose via poseplayer 'a_portraitThumbnail_female_05_x', highlighting the wild arm. In addition to a screenshot of the same 'a_portraitThumbnail_female_05_x' pose with no glitches.

Any help, fixes or advice on this would be so greatly appreciated so I can begin to fix the mountain of cc its effecting!

best wishes,
Sentate

Going by the pictures I suspect the slot ray data may be the culprit, but I'll have to do some experimenting and get back to you.

Edit: Sure enough, using the alternate method of assigning slotrays using a default reference fixed it for me. I'd be interested to see if the tops you have problems with have loose sleeves like this one, since the auto calculation I use can be thrown off by mesh shapes that aren't fairly close to the arms and hips.

Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#417 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 4:36 PM
Going by the pictures I suspect the slot ray data may be the culprit, but I'll have to do some experimenting and get back to you.

Edit: Sure enough, using the alternate method of assigning slotrays using a default reference fixed it for me. I'd be interested to see if the tops you have problems with have loose sleeves like this one, since the auto calculation I use can be thrown off by mesh shapes that aren't fairly close to the arms and hips.

Oh wow! This worked perfectly and such an easy fix to apply. And yes, interestingly enough almost all of the cc with issues has some feature of the sleeve overlapping the wrist or hand, so maybe that what causes the glitch. Either way a 1 button click fix is more than I dreamed of, so thank you so so much for your time!

Also slightly embarrassed to realise I was still running Ver. 3_4_2_0 of cas tools so I was missing that button and also a few other new features. The program is so sturdy through all the patches we have to endure I never think to check for updates!

Best wishes and thank you again for your help and this fantastic program!

Sentate x
Lab Assistant
#418 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Burinis : 15th Dec 2021 at 5:15 PM. Reason: added Sims4Studio version number and update date
Hey! Can you update your TS4 CAS Tools for Blooming Rooms and Modern Menswear kits and patch 1.82.99.1030? The fact is that Sims4Studio has not been updated for a month and a half. The latest S4S 3.1.5.6 update was released on October 26th.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#419 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Burinis
Hey! Can you update your TS4 CAS Tools for Blooming Rooms and Modern Menswear kits and patch 1.82.99.1030? The fact is that Sims4Studio has not been updated for a month and a half. The latest S4S 3.1.5.6 update was released on October 26th.

Is something specific not working? CAS Tools automatically finds new packs and does not need to be updated unless there's a new version of a resource type. The only thing missing is the name of the pack in the filtering options, but it will appear with the pack number. If you don't own the pack there will be no CAS parts for it, or if they show up clones of the parts will be incomplete.

Field Researcher
#420 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 8:37 PM
Default Slot-rays again
I am using the special slot-ray tool a lot for wide historical skirts, and with the later versions of the program I have big problems with making them work. If I use "auto-button" and then the adjust buttoin, I get the result as in pic 1 - arms inwards. When I do default position, and then adjusting, no difference at all from normal. When emptying the slot-rays and just doing the adjusted action, nothing at all changes, slot-rays are totally empty. So something is not right.
(And thank you again for your brilliant program!)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#421 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
I am using the special slot-ray tool a lot for wide historical skirts, and with the later versions of the program I have big problems with making them work. If I use "auto-button" and then the adjust buttoin, I get the result as in pic 1 - arms inwards. When I do default position, and then adjusting, no difference at all from normal. When emptying the slot-rays and just doing the adjusted action, nothing at all changes, slot-rays are totally empty. So something is not right.
(And thank you again for your brilliant program!)

Here is the file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Ingeli_TSMMillstoneCollarFarthingale.zip (2.16 MB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#422 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
Here is the file.

You're right, no method is giving a good result and the adjustments don't seem to make any difference. I'll have to look into it and see what I can do.

Test Subject
#423 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 2:13 PM Last edited by Icy_Pandaz : 17th Feb 2022 at 2:42 PM.
UV0 issues
Hello! I have a very specific problem and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am currently converting a necklace that was attached to a full body outfit to a standalone accessory. I've followed every tutorial I found to the best of my ability, but there's something wrong with the UV0 map. Does this look normal to anyone?

Is it possible to remove the UV0 data and start over?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gigamesh_medallion necklace.zip (121.4 KB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#424 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Icy_Pandaz
Hello! I have a very specific problem and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am currently converting a necklace that was attached to a full body outfit to a standalone accessory. I've followed every tutorial I found to the best of my ability, but there's something wrong with the UV0 map. Does this look normal to anyone?

Is it possible to remove the UV0 data and start over?

Yes, you can edit the mesh and redo the uv0, but you'd probably be better off just moving and resizing it. How you do that depends on the meshing tool you're using. I can give some help with Milkshape but not Blender.

Test Subject
#425 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 9:30 PM
Yes, you can edit the mesh and redo the uv0, but you'd probably be better off just moving and resizing it. How you do that depends on the meshing tool you're using. I can give some help with Milkshape but not Blender.

ok, i see. so you're saying the necklace is too big to have necklace uvs? i guess i'll attach it to a ring or bracelet then
thank you so much for this program btw. even though i use blender the version of blender supported by s4s is too old for me to use (it keeps flashing and it's just impossible smh) so this tool is a lifesaver. it's also so easy for me to review cc i download without loading up the game. would it be possible to add support for obj files as mesh edits in the future?
Page 17 of 22