Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

553 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 450 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 23
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#451 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 2:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks For Sharing!
Test Subject
#452 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 2:32 PM
Hi,
sorry for the stupid question. I have the version 3.8.0.0. The game is up to date. Now I want to edit and open a mod file and it comes the message "Update CASPs to latest version?"

What exactly does that mean?
What does CASPs mean?
What does it want to update or change in my modfile, which works so far?

I just want to make sure I don't read the file first when I click yes and understand if I should do that with all my clothing mods.

Thanks in advance

Greetings
Bob
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#453 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveBob
Hi,
sorry for the stupid question. I have the version 3.8.0.0. The game is up to date. Now I want to edit and open a mod file and it comes the message "Update CASPs to latest version?"

What exactly does that mean?
What does CASPs mean?
What does it want to update or change in my modfile, which works so far?

I just want to make sure I don't read the file first when I click yes and understand if I should do that with all my clothing mods.

Thanks in advance

Greetings
Bob

The CASP (CAS Part) is the file that defines the item of clothing, hair, makeup, skin details, accessories, etc. It controls where that item shows up, whether it's for males and/or females, what species, which textures, and a lot of other options. You don't have to update them to use them, they'll still work, but for newer features like color sliders to work you'll have to update to the latest version. As far as I know you can't break anything by updating.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#454 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The CASP (CAS Part) is the file that defines the item of clothing, hair, makeup, skin details, accessories, etc. It controls where that item shows up, whether it's for males and/or females, what species, which textures, and a lot of other options. You don't have to update them to use them, they'll still work, but for newer features like color sliders to work you'll have to update to the latest version. As far as I know you can't break anything by updating.

Ahh OK I understand. Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#455 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 3:12 AM
Hello is there a way you can add folders to fix the distortion of dresses and skirts in fat morph I have thousands of pieces of cc that need this and I got anxious of having to fo them l one by obe
Test Subject
#456 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 5:22 AM
I think this needs to be updated for the clothing categories added in High School Years. I get this error when I try to open an override I made for the graduation clothing in the Clone Package Editor.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#457 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SquidPickle
I think this needs to be updated for the clothing categories added in High School Years. I get this error when I try to open an override I made for the graduation clothing in the Clone Package Editor.

Thanks!

Version 3.8.1.0 is uploaded, with updated tags and a few other tweaks.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#458 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 3:34 PM
I'm very sorry to bother you CmarNYC, but I can't find the answer to how to fix CC hair to not clip/fold/bend 3D eyelashes.

I used this tool like a year ago and my stupid ass forgot to save info on the steps. It was something with wrong vertex if I remember right. Google sadly is not giving me answers today >_<

(visualisation pic of issue borrowed from the internet)

I'll appreciate help or link to place where I can find info.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#459 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mcromance
I'm very sorry to bother you CmarNYC, but I can't find the answer to how to fix CC hair to not clip/fold/bend 3D eyelashes.

I used this tool like a year ago and my stupid ass forgot to save info on the steps. It was something with wrong vertex if I remember right. Google sadly is not giving me answers today >_<

(visualisation pic of issue borrowed from the internet)

I'll appreciate help or link to place where I can find info.

From that pic it looks like wrong vertex colors on the lashes mesh, but that's just a guess. Do the lashes distort when you use sliders on the forehead and eyebrows and maybe eyes? If I recall correctly, blue in the vert color will make the lashes move along with certain sliders as they affect nearby meshes.

You can try setting the vertex color in the mesh fixing tools tab - try the necklace or one of the bracelets or rings.

If that doesn't help, please upload the lashes and I'll take a look.

Test Subject
#460 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 8:15 PM
From that pic it looks like wrong vertex colors on the lashes mesh, but that's just a guess. Do the lashes distort when you use sliders on the forehead and eyebrows and maybe eyes? If I recall correctly, blue in the vert color will make the lashes move along with certain sliders as they affect nearby meshes.

You can try setting the vertex color in the mesh fixing tools tab - try the necklace or one of the bracelets or rings.

If that doesn't help, please upload the lashes and I'll take a look.

When I had the issue last time I was for sure fixing hair (most from Ginko Sims), cause only the ones with bangs were distorting the lashes.
The lashes I use are in skin detail cathegory, so I don't know if changing that to ring will help.

I just do not remember exactly what I was fixing for hair in the mesh tool >_< I think it was something with vertex, but maybe it's something else.

I just redownloaded the hair I had issues with and when I tested they were bending the lashes and compared it to my fix on those hair:

In the rar file I included both the hair freshly downloaded and the file that I fixed.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Hair files for comparsion.rar (33.63 MB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#461 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 9:13 PM
When I had the issue last time I was for sure fixing hair (most from Ginko Sims), cause only the ones with bangs were distorting the lashes.
The lashes I use are in skin detail cathegory, so I don't know if changing that to ring will help.

I just do not remember exactly what I was fixing for hair in the mesh tool >_< I think it was something with vertex, but maybe it's something else.

I just redownloaded the hair I had issues with and when I tested they were bending the lashes and compared it to my fix on those hair:

In the rar file I included both the hair freshly downloaded and the file that I fixed.

The original hair has no vertex colors so you must have added them using the standard hair vertex color. Possibly the original hair not having any vertex colors is causing a bug in how the game handles the lashes. You can add/fix vertex colors in the Mesh Fixing Tools tab.

I'd like to see the eyelashes package as well to check out my theory that the vertex color in that may need to be fixed too.

Test Subject
#462 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 12:52 AM
The original hair has no vertex colors so you must have added them using the standard hair vertex color. Possibly the original hair not having any vertex colors is causing a bug in how the game handles the lashes. You can add/fix vertex colors in the Mesh Fixing Tools tab.

I'd like to see the eyelashes package as well to check out my theory that the vertex color in that may need to be fixed too.

OMG! Great, so I did remember something correctly.

Can you just tell me if it's better to use 'Auto-Assign Vertex Color' or in the 'Ovveride Vertex Colour' with chosing 'hair' (or other things if needed)?

I also include the whole folder of my Kijiko lashes. I did not make any changes to them.

(previous post deleted, cause rar file did not upload)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Kijiko lashes - skin detail.rar (16.10 MB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#463 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:29 AM
OMG! Great, so I did remember something correctly.

Can you just tell me if it's better to use 'Auto-Assign Vertex Color' or in the 'Ovveride Vertex Colour' with chosing 'hair' (or other things if needed)?

I also include the whole folder of my Kijiko lashes. I did not make any changes to them.

(previous post deleted, cause rar file did not upload)

Thanks! In this case, overriding the color in the package editor Mesh Fixers tab is probably easiest.

Test Subject
#464 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 10:37 AM
Thanks! In this case, overriding the color in the package editor Mesh Fixers tab is probably easiest.

Thank you so, so, SO MUCH for your help and super handy tool.
Lab Assistant
#465 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 12:33 PM

Thank you so, so, SO MUCH for your help and super handy tool.

I had the same problem with a CC hair that distorted 3D lashes, so thank you both so much for showing me the way to fix it!
Test Subject
#466 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
I had the same problem with a CC hair that distorted 3D lashes, so thank you both so much for showing me the way to fix it!

Nice I'm glad my forgetfullness helped someone :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#467 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 1:45 PM
Nice I'm glad my forgetfullness helped someone :D

Just BTW, the eyelashes vertex color looks fine so you're right, this looks like buggy behavior caused by hairs with no vertex color.

Test Subject
#468 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:46 PM
Are there any in-depth tutorials for using this tool? I tried searching "tutorial" but it brings up a bunch of unrelated posts and I can't seem to google any information. I've tried using this tool before but it isn't super self-explanatory and I'm a bit in the weeds with it. For example, how to fix weights? When you import a package, is it fixing weights on all LODs? If you do one LOD at a time, does it re-adjust every previous LOD? I would just dearly love to be pointed in the right direction for some tutorials. Thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#469 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purefoysgirl
Are there any in-depth tutorials for using this tool? I tried searching "tutorial" but it brings up a bunch of unrelated posts and I can't seem to google any information. I've tried using this tool before but it isn't super self-explanatory and I'm a bit in the weeds with it. For example, how to fix weights? When you import a package, is it fixing weights on all LODs? If you do one LOD at a time, does it re-adjust every previous LOD? I would just dearly love to be pointed in the right direction for some tutorials. Thank you!

There are two tutorials I wrote linked from the CAS Tools description. I don't know how helpful they'll be.

CAS Tools only fixes weights when you're using the mesh fixing tools. Each mesh, including different lods, has to be assigned weights independently. You can assign weights in Milkshape or Blender and import the meshes, or you can convert meshes from obj or ms3d format to TS4 in the mesh tools, or use the automated fixer tools while editing a package.

Maybe you should try one of the linked tutorials first. Converting an obj mesh works the same way as converting a TS3 mesh. If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Test Subject
#470 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 1:21 PM
I have a couple questions.
1) How do I get it to open multiple files like in the screenshots? I can only select single files.
2) Is there any way to edit flags for multiple items at once? My biggest problem with the game is that, with over 16,000 items in my mods folder, I have literally hundreds of items tagged for the wrong categories, ie cowboy boots in "swimwear". I have been using Sims 4 Studio to fix tags, but it is a tedious process. I downloaded this tool because it looks like it might be a bit quicker. But what I really need is a way I can open a bunch of packages at once and simply remove, or add, category flags.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#471 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SouthernGorilla
I have a couple questions.
1) How do I get it to open multiple files like in the screenshots? I can only select single files.
2) Is there any way to edit flags for multiple items at once? My biggest problem with the game is that, with over 16,000 items in my mods folder, I have literally hundreds of items tagged for the wrong categories, ie cowboy boots in "swimwear". I have been using Sims 4 Studio to fix tags, but it is a tedious process. I downloaded this tool because it looks like it might be a bit quicker. But what I really need is a way I can open a bunch of packages at once and simply remove, or add, category flags.

Sorry, I don't understand which screenshots or multiple files you're referring to.

Again sorry, but CAS Tools only works on one package at a time. It can make changes, including tags, to all the recolors in a package but it doesn't do batch fixes.

Test Subject
#472 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 5:25 PM
Hi, i am having a problem when i try to load the Sims4CasTools it says it can't detect the user file paths. May you know what can i do?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#473 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Plbsims
Hi, i am having a problem when i try to load the Sims4CasTools it says it can't detect the user file paths. May you know what can i do?

You can set the paths in the settings menu option, using the examples as a guide.

Test Subject
#474 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 7:12 PM Last edited by Plbsims : 16th Sep 2022 at 10:12 PM.
You can set the paths in the settings menu option, using the examples as a guide.

It doesn't even load and literally i open the program last night!

Edit: Never mind, i managed myself to fix it! ♥
Screenshots
Test Subject
#475 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 7:57 PM
Hi Cmar! Sorry if this seems out of left field, but I was super curious about something:

There are two 'softwares' https://modthesims.info/m/9953938 by this user that I would love to use -- but I can't figure out how to get their scripts to work.

The one I like mostly is "Sort Custom Content (CC) in CAS Alphabetically", which uses your CAS Tools to do this like running through the script, but reading through the comment thread has me worried I'll start running it and it won't work. Do you happen to know how to fix it?

And sorry if this is under "no requests", I just wanted to try since it was something I've been looking for, for a LONG time, but the creator never came back. :c

Either way, thank you <3
Page 19 of 23