Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:24 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM by leefish : fixing images

472 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 423 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 19
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 1st May 2007 at 9:54 AM Last edited by jordinary : 2nd May 2007 at 8:35 AM. Reason: Adition
You guys seem to know what your doing so I am going to ask you a really important question:

Can you please tell me how to make custom dance moves and movements for your sims? I saw it on YouTube and it was really kewl so I thought I should give it a shot.

Um... like... ANSWER! coz i neeeeeeeeeed to know rite now for a project that is important if I want good marks (which i do!)
Field Researcher
#177 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:35 AM
@pipedream:
Try to put the coat on a different wall ( ex: in front of it actually dosent' work) and with different orientation.
For the green dresser, I think is not available for download.
For other similar you can navigate here on MTS2, searching "dresser hack" and on the web of course

@jordinary: this is not the right place to ask this, and make new animation for sims is not a thing we can explain in two words.......
There is the forum "Modding the Sims 2" where you can navigate and found more info and tutorials, and ask what you need to know, what you don't understand, exactly.
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/forumdisplay.php?f=13

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Scholar
#178 Old 3rd May 2007 at 9:56 AM
Nevermind, I've decided to use this instead, because Christianlov's rack isn't Seasons enabled and he doesn't support it anymore. Thanks and keep up the fantabulous work, Marylou and Numenor!
Test Subject
#179 Old 4th May 2007 at 9:42 PM
Ok, I had the same problems as the others as to the sims acting as if something was in the way. This house is one story and without a foundation, but I tried it on every wall in the house. Anyway, it finally worked. I have only the NL and Uni EP's and with an overflowing downloads folder. Also, Thanks for this!!! It's amazing, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!!!!!!!!! Thanks Again!

"The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity; of life; of the marvelous structure of reality..." Einstein
Test Subject
#180 Old 6th May 2007 at 5:30 PM Last edited by askmypsychiatrist : 6th May 2007 at 6:11 PM. Reason: New Report
Glitch?
Quote: Originally posted by nichellerj
Thank you! I know I'll be using this A LOT in my game... ^_^

First off, I'd like to say thanks for making this wonderful product, i'm sure it's very useful in many simmer's game
But everytime I try to use it, my sims..can't. I dunno if it's a glitch or not, but my sims have a HUGE FIT, because they can't somehow 'access' it.
Believe me, it's totally spacious, and nothing is blocking the coat hook. So, is it a glitch? Or just my game?

Thanks! =D

EDIT: I tried different walls, but still no such luck. I'll try again =] Maybe it was the house?

Love thine EGO as thyself. Because that is what it is.
Test Subject
#181 Old 7th May 2007 at 10:14 PM
Oooh YES!!! Thanks! =)
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 12th May 2007 at 8:23 AM
I gotta say MaryLou, you are right. It may not have been the place but i figured that it would have been 'simple' than you made it out to be. Thank you for the tutorial! It should be really helpful. :D
Test Subject
#183 Old 16th May 2007 at 1:36 AM
This doesn't show up in Seasons Expansion Pack at all!
Test Subject
#184 Old 18th May 2007 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
@pipedream:
Try to put the coat on a different wall ( ex: in front of it actually dosent' work) and with different orientation.

Just wanted to say I tried this & I finally got it to work. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 20th May 2007 at 12:01 AM
OMG thanks for this wonderful object!! ^,^
I *HATE* the stuff my sims are wearing when the change their age, it's almost always something extremly ugly... and doesn't fit them well. Now I don't have to go shopping right away.. thank you very much!! ^^

You will not believe your eyes how a voice could hypnotize ~ Promises are only lies ~ from Loreley
Test Subject
#186 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:33 AM
what about toddlers i can get the clothes but i cant change them
The ModFather
retired moderator
#187 Old 21st May 2007 at 12:22 AM
I don't remember well, but I think that you can plan toddlers' outfits only using the changing table...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#188 Old 21st May 2007 at 12:37 AM
It works great, so thanks a lot.
One thing about seasons bugs me. When they have a homebusiness and are wearing businessoutfit, or what tis called in English, and they're going out in the cold putting on outerwea'r, they don't put on the businessoutfit, but the game thinks they have. So you only have the options "choose businessoutfit" instead of "wear businessoutfit" which pops up the outfit menu, or change outfits twice. But its strange that they don't put on the outfit since they were wearing it before they went out. Could you please fix this problem?

Greetings from Limburg.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 21st May 2007 at 5:19 PM
I had the same problem as others: The Hook wouldn't allow me to select outerwear. But not only the hook, this feature wasn't shown either by the original Maxis dressers.
After going through the all the posts here I tried and found out:
It was the PregnancyWearAnyOutfit-Hack which caused my problem. After removing it the "Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook now workes absolutely perfect as do the Maxis dressers.
Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you for your wonderful work and sharing it with us!
Test Subject
#190 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:45 PM
yeah you can but i used a dresser where the toddlers can dress themselves i just miss it LOL
Test Subject
#191 Old 26th May 2007 at 5:56 AM
I do love this, thank you! Although I miss being able to change the clothes of my townies/NPC's with Christianlov's clothing rack. I deleted it by mistake and I am DYING without it! He seems to have deleted all of his downloads. Any ideas anybody???
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 12:43 AM
Did Christianlov change sites? His rack was cool too. But if you can take control of a Townie, you can change his clothes using this tool as well

Anyways, I downloaded this last week, and have put one in every one of my Sim's houses. Thanks for providing great recolours, and for making AN AWESOME tool
it's just the best!

Thanks again!

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Field Researcher
#193 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 11:25 AM
The objects shows up in seasons but I can't get it to work. It lets me buy the clothes but they don't show up when I go to plan or change clothes.
Test Subject
#194 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deelink
Did Christianlov change sites? His rack was cool too. But if you can take control of a Townie, you can change his clothes using this tool as well

Anyways, I downloaded this last week, and have put one in every one of my Sim's houses. Thanks for providing great recolours, and for making AN AWESOME tool
it's just the best!

Thanks again!

No it doesn't work for me. I've tried taking control of my sims using boolprop and Dolphin's control hack but there is no option for them to "plan outfit". It only let's them buy. I've also tried using the boolProp Tom's clothing tester, but they plan outfit option only brings up a blank blue box where the clothes SHOULD be. I'm very frustrated! Any more suggestions anybody? :-( I hate the hideous townie/NPC outfits!
Field Researcher
#195 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 9:27 PM
I got this object a while ago, and have used it many times since! I tend to try to steer away from hacks, since one messed up my game a while ago, but this one, I just couldn't resist! It is so helpful; I had downloaded something like this a looong time ago, from the Exchange, but I accidentally deleted it when cutting back on my downloads...anyway, thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shawnyinfl
No it doesn't work for me. I've tried taking control of my sims using boolprop and Dolphin's control hack but there is no option for them to "plan outfit". It only let's them buy. I've also tried using the boolProp Tom's clothing tester, but they plan outfit option only brings up a blank blue box where the clothes SHOULD be. I'm very frustrated! Any more suggestions anybody? :-( I hate the hideous townie/NPC outfits!

I hate the Townies period. They are all just so meh..
But since reinstalling the game, I have lost all of christianlov's creations, and since he has retired and no longer updating his hacks, I haven't bothered to redownload them. I am just scared it will clash too much with the new Seasons pack and other Stuff packs. Plus, knowing me I'll forget to get rid of the hacks when Bon Voyage comes out, and it will probably corrupt everything (yikes!)
But if you are brave...go to the Sims Graveyard and look him up. The Clothes rack and Sims Copy Mirror are the ones you want. (Google for the links, I uh..am at work atm...hehe)

Sorry for my long windeness...I had too much coffee today.

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Test Subject
#197 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:58 AM
Yay! Just what I needed! You guys are awesome!
Test Subject
#198 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 12:57 AM
This is wonderful
Thank you so much
Test Subject
#199 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 12:41 AM
I'm feeling rather silly. My Senior (that is stuck with horrible clothing after she Aged) can purchase new clothes, but I do not get the Plan option.

I tried it in a different neighborhood, different house, different family, and it works. Not sure what the problem could be. I'll try on a 'longer' wall, just in case.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#200 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 9:08 AM
Try "buying" the clothes using the Hacked Coat Hook, and then use the "Plan Outfit" option on any Maxis armoire or dresser: does it work this way?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 8 of 19