Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:24 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM by leefish : fixing images

472 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 423 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 19
Test Subject
#201 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:09 PM
Thank you! due to maybe some kind of conflict with other mods/hacks my sims weren't able to interact with the shop clothes rack. Now I can finally buy & wear new fashion !
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:11 AM
Freaking awesome... Thank you!!
Test Subject
#203 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 9:14 PM
reaaally great!

thx u 2! o/
Test Subject
#204 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 9:17 AM
This is very nice, and very useful for people who have bad computers and the game freezes when you go to a community lot, just to buy a shirt for a sim, like mine. Thanks! :P
Test Subject
#205 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 5:43 PM
This is really brilliant! Thanks.
Test Subject
#206 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by askmypsychiatrist
But everytime I try to use it, my sims..can't. I dunno if it's a glitch or not, but my sims have a HUGE FIT, because they can't somehow 'access' it.
Believe me, it's totally spacious, and nothing is blocking the coat hook. So, is it a glitch? Or just my game?

Thanks! =D

EDIT: I tried different walls, but still no such luck. I'll try again =] Maybe it was the house?

I actually have this same problem. I tried the Move_objects cheat to move it away from the wall, but even then, it still doesn't work. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, but, I was thinking, could it be because I only have the base game, and no expansion packs?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#207 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 8:45 AM
No, this happens randomly, especially if you have Nightlife, but also in other games. If the Coat Hook is placed on some walls, for whatever reason it can't be accessed; the only solution is to move it on another wall (possibly with a different orientation); or move it on the other side of the door. Try different spots, and eventually it will work.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#208 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 3:00 PM
02 JULY 2007 - BUG FIX: PLEASE REDOWNLOAD
Now the sims correctly reach the Coat Hook placed on every wall

Many users, with different game configurations, have experienced a bug that prevented the sims to correctly reach the Coat Hook.
Now, this bug has been fixed, and the sims should be able to use the coat hook, regardless the wall it is mounted on, or its orientation.
Thanks to anyone who reported the bug and to LadyLunar for testing

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Test Subject
#209 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 7:15 PM
This looks really great, but when I click the file name to download it I get directed to a page full of (what looks like) coding or something like that. I tried a few minutes ago, waited a few minutes, refreshed, and tried again just now and it still won't work...please help!
Top Secret Researcher
#210 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiwi2493
This looks really great, but when I click the file name to download it I get directed to a page full of (what looks like) coding or something like that. I tried a few minutes ago, waited a few minutes, refreshed, and tried again just now and it still won't work...please help!

I downloaded it just now, and it worked fine for me, so whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#211 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 1:03 PM
A great idea, and cheaper then using the inSIMinator!
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:24 PM Last edited by djslippyman : 11th Jul 2007 at 9:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Elenna
I'm feeling rather silly. My Senior (that is stuck with horrible clothing after she Aged) can purchase new clothes, but I do not get the Plan option.

I tried it in a different neighborhood, different house, different family, and it works. Not sure what the problem could be. I'll try on a 'longer' wall, just in case.

Try "buying" the clothes using the Hacked Coat Hook, and then use the "Plan Outfit" option on any Maxis armoire or dresser: does it work this way?

No mine is failing with this too. "Bought" a bunch of clothes but can't "plan outfit" and try any of them on. Deleted the armoir and clothes hook but so far no dice. Anyone know a work around?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#213 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 12:44 AM
You are saying that your elder sims can't plan outfit at all, even using the Maxis dressers?
Either you have something that causes your game to misbehave, or your elders are not actually "buying" any dress.

try sending your elder to a community lot, to buy clothings "the old way", on a Maxis rack.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#214 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 5:12 PM
I've noticed that this and a handful of other items I own revert to their old forms after I install a new expansion even when I check "enable custom content". I end up having to redownload it every time. Also, it's not satisfying my sims "buy clothes" want; is it supposed to?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#215 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 5:59 PM
The hacked coat hook uses the debug routines created by Maxis to test the dressers, that don't include the satisfaction of "buy clothes" want. As for th reverting, I don't know what to say... Luckily, installing a new EP is not that frequent .

Test Subject
#216 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 12:20 AM
You are amazing! This is EXACTLY what I needed! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
You are saying that your elder sims can't plan outfit at all, even using the Maxis dressers?
Either you have something that causes your game to misbehave, or your elders are not actually "buying" any dress.

try sending your elder to a community lot, to buy clothings "the old way", on a Maxis rack.

Both of my teens are who it has effected. Should that make a difference? My adults who have yet to try to "get free outfits" and they can plan. Is this hack age specific?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#218 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 4:31 PM
djslippyman - I've tested again the hacked coat hook in a game like yours (base+UNI+NL), and both my elders and my teens can "get for free" any outfit and can "plan outfit" after they got the clothings. I don't know why in your game some sims can't use these options... Are you sure you don't have some hacks related to dressers, clothing catalog and outfits?

Field Researcher
#219 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:47 PM
djslippyman
Perhaps you have some hacks that would make conflicts.
skitanita1 had got a similar problem
Quote: Originally posted by skitanita1
I love this hack but I have a problem when my sim tryed to "plan outfit" the outerwear did not show up I have a chlothrack created by Christianlov Is there a posebility that they conflict.
Keep up the brilliant work.

The Christianlov's rack DON'T make conflict with ours.

Quote: Originally posted by skitanita1
I had the PregandServoChangeAppearencePack hack from Squinge and I deleted it and now everything works fine. My apologies for not testing this first. But now I can fully enjoy your beautyful creation. JOY

Do you have the PregandServoChangeAppearencePack hack, or a similar hack?

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#220 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 1:24 PM
truely HOTT. =]]

Tamminess .<3.
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 9:25 PM
I may have an idea of what's causing the conflict. If its not a widespread issue then it may be an issue with my own game then. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 6:43 AM
Yay! This is sooo cool! I've been looking for this and forgot all about it!
Ah, my sims are so lazy as it is! Now they will really have to hit the gym! lol

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Field Researcher
#223 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 8:17 PM
This is my favorite buyable object I've downloaded. I always DESPISED having to go all the way to a community lot to buy clothes, and having to spend bazillions of dollars just to have some variety. I HUG YOU!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#224 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:30 PM
I actually agree with Spiffeystar about the money... Usually, I don't use hacks or cheats to "help" my families, but think of this: WHY on earth the clothing chosen by the game when a sim grow up is so ugly? If at least the kids could have something different that that horrible orange or green shirt, I could wait to earn the needed money, before going shopping...!

Forum Resident
#225 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 10:40 AM
MY FAV THING EVER!guys u are saved me!thanx so much 4 awesome hacking!hugs
Page 9 of 19