Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Giving Bunny A Bath- Social Bunny Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Sep 2007 at 6:47 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2011 at 4:50 PM by Phaenoh

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by halcyonsting
Perhaps Maxis based the Social Bunny's appearance on "The Velveteen Rabbit" story, where a very well-worn and well-loved stuffed rabbit is granted life.

Love the makeover, though!

I think it's based of Frank the Bunny from the movie Donnie Darko. Why the bunnies are missing an eye? Donnie shot/stabbed Frank's out.

And why socially inept Sims see bunnies is a reference to Donnie Darko himself- he's a social outcast with Schizophrenia.

Or at least, that's my theory after reading the Wikipedia article on the movie.

Love the cleanup, Phaneoh. :3

Suddenly...ice cream cones. Hundreds of them!!
Test Subject
#77 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:19 PM
they ment the dirty dingy dingaling (lol im having fun with D's) to be a childhood toy-like icon to cheer those misconcepted sims insideout. But a clean critter is creative (now C's)

good work

Never let a computer know you’re in a hurry.
Test Subject
#78 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:00 AM
i saw the gothic social bunny replacements and my first thought was Donnie Darko.
someone should make the demonic bunny Frank from Donnie Darko. that would be so kickass.
yeah i dont think they should have made the social bunnies dirty because if i were imagining a bunny to confort me it would be you know, a fluffy adorable bunny that is really comforting, not a sloppy, dirty bunny that no one would want to hug.
Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:16 AM
I think we have the same sense of humor.
I feel more compelled to make a self-sim now, as my fear of snimal costumes is somewhat diminished, and I tend to push my sims a bit to hard sometimes...
haha oh well. Thanks!
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
I bet maxis thought most people's sims would want to attack the bunny, so they were probaly thinking "beat up bunny"...
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:40 PM
I always thought they made it with just one eye and the other "blind" or "beat up" because he's supposed to be kind of like the Psychologist: he only comes when your Sim cowards or backs out of a situation. I thought it was supposed to be kind of like a sly wink/grin?

I actually didn't really pay attention to his blindness 'til I saw this post; I'm too annoyed with how he randomly always shows up. XD
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:34 AM
No more scary social bunnies, thank you! (shudders about donnie darko)
Test Subject
#83 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 2:02 PM
This is really great
BTW do you think you could make one that isn't a default replacement?
Test Subject
#84 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 3:29 AM
Thank You! my Bunny sims are thanking you.
(As well my lonely sims)
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 3:28 AM
Very nice. I don't usually see the Social Bunny, but now if one does show up, it won't look like a lost toy.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 14th May 2010 at 6:47 AM
soooo much better than the originals. I think the maxis people must have been high at times when creating the Sims... Thanks!
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 11:28 PM
Thanks for helping the rabbits in need! by the way, is this bunny playable?
Test Subject
#88 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 12:47 PM
thank u!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 3:34 AM
well......i always figured the social bunny was a pedophile..... he'd never come for my adults, but the second a kid's social bar hit zero, he'd be right there, trying to give the little boys a hug......
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 9:26 AM
I love your descriptions, they always make me smile (: Bunny's actually cute now, maybe I'll let my sims spend some quality time locked alone in a room so they can meet him (her? it?).
Test Subject
#91 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:26 PM
i wanted to install the female bunny maids XD but not sure how to un install this
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 10:42 PM
Find "CleanSocialBunnysDefaultReplacements.package" in your Downloads folder and just delete it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 12:30 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 4:49 PM
They look a lot more jolly now, how long did it take to find his eye? Well anyways - Gives a box of chocolates - They are for the bunnys.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 3:20 AM
Thanks for washing that thing, it was really gross.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:51 AM
Are you asking about making standard new CC bunny furs, or asking about making new bunny defaults?

Both will require a small use of Simpe. To make regular CC, you will have to create (or find) an unlocker for the bunny outfit to make it appear in Bodyshop. If you are wanting to make new defaults, you will need SimPE to extract the images and reimport your new ones.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 26th May 2013 at 4:22 PM
I don't mind helping at all! If you unlock the bunny outfit it will still work as a default, but if you use bodyshop to make an new outfit from that the new one will not be the default. Here's a tutorial about making skin defaults, but the process is identical. Instead of doing step 2, open up my bunny defaults package and export the images. Take them and edit them however you like best, then use those images to continue with the tutorial.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=194390
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:43 PM
100th comment i thought it was a good idea to make a less creepy version of the social bunny the original version scares me lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 11:57 AM
i like it!
Test Subject
#100 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:51 PM
i think what they were going for with the "dirty hobo" look was an old and well loved toy that had seen a lot of crap & had more than a little abuse. i have a similar companion whose head is about to come off and looks worse for wear, but come on, he's twenty years old.
that said, it's kinda cute and endearing on my bear who's only about ten inches tall. seeing a bear like that come at me at my height or taller is already creepy, but having him beat up like that is somehow even more disturbing. so i see what they were going for and appreciate the effort that has been put into restoring a loved toy.
Page 4 of 5