Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50 New Lifetime Wants for Sims 2 [Experimental]

by Lamare Posted 2nd Aug 2022 at 12:37 AM - Updated 14th Feb 2024 at 6:44 PM by Lamare

297 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 242 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:14 AM
I literally gasped. This is so freaking neat! Thank you so much for putting this together. I am fan-girling over these with another sims 2 player RIGHT NOW.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:37 AM
I've been anticipating this and i'm ECSTATIC to try it in my game.
-MS (cityof2morrow)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:59 AM
Are you planning to release some object like the date counter that shows you how many things sims have done for each LTW so far?

Do your uni career LTWs have the same GUIDs as Pescado's? I'd prefer not to uninstall his and then install a completely new set because that will probably nuke the LTWs of the sims who currently have those, but I want to know if I need to replace those lines in your WantTrees package with Pescado's GUIDs.

Have you tested all of these? I note just looking through the list that it is not in fact possible to hire the maid, the gardener and the butler all at the same time, for example.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:06 AM
This is so amazing. Thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:21 AM
This is so cool, and I am so glad that I was able to help in some small way with ideas -even if I didn't know. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:50 AM
THIS is the most exciting TS2 related improvement piece i've seen in years. Colossal piece of work, but goodness if working seamlessly you just poured back inspiration in that game, for everyone !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 4:03 AM
I Am So Excited To Try Playing With This!
just a girl
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I literally gasped. This is so freaking neat! Thank you so much for putting this together. I am fan-girling over these with another sims 2 player RIGHT NOW.

Hope the LTWs live up to your expectations in game =)

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Are you planning to release some object like the date counter that shows you how many things sims have done for each LTW so far?

I was planning to take it easy and play at leisurely pace, not worrying about how much is left to do. But if people find it unbearable not to know, we'll see.

Do your uni career LTWs have the same GUIDs as Pescado's? I'd prefer not to uninstall his and then install a completely new set because that will probably nuke the LTWs of the sims who currently have those, but I want to know if I need to replace those lines in your WantTrees package with Pescado's GUIDs.

Yes, my lifetime wants and memories have the same IDs. It's pretty much the same files, stripped of some extra resources, with remade icons and some text edits.

Have you tested all of these? I note just looking through the list that it is not in fact possible to hire the maid, the gardener and the butler all at the same time, for example.

Yes, I have tested, and it is possible to hire all those NPCs at the same time. If the butler offers to let go the other staff, say no.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This is so cool, and I am so glad that I was able to help in some small way with ideas -even if I didn't know. :D

Thank you. There were so many interesting ideas I barely stopped at 50 LTWs

Quote: Originally posted by fervacques
Colossal piece of work, but goodness if working seamlessly you just poured back inspiration in that game, for everyone !

Fingers crossed! If anything doesn't work as intended, I am willing to fix it.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:30 AM
Interesting, the butler never asks me if I want to fire all the other staff, he just does it automatically. Maybe you have a mod that's changing that?
just a girl
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:51 AM
I don't think so, I tested in a clean folder and it was too recently to be misremembering this...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:52 AM
Amazing! This must’ve taken so much work but I bet it’s going to bring the game to life again for so many people, myself included Thank you so much for sharing.
just a girl
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 6:10 AM
@kestrellyn, I googled this: http://cyjon.net/node/240
According to Cyjon, butlers do ask by default, but they may not ask again if you say yes. This is probably what happens in your game. I'll add this mod to the recommended list.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 6:13 AM
AAAAA!!!!
THANK YOU!!!
I was just thinking how good it would be to have a little challenge for my sims!
You're the best!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:37 AM
I'm simply amazed by the fact you pulled this together. My head aches merely from thinking about how much effort it required. Thank you!
Some many conflicts, thought.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 10:07 AM
Very impressive work! I will download this soon - I am just occupied with building a custom hood at the moment - but the new wants are fantastic.
I really like the flower arrangements one - my poor florists may have reached her LTW already if I had a say earlier!
Looking forward to using it in my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 10:08 AM
I had sooooo much fun playtesting these wants! And thank you for all the patches!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:11 AM Last edited by Bagfran : 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:32 AM.
I've been really looking forward to this, and I'm sure it's not going to disappoint, but just wanted to let you know that HCDU+ reports a conflict between the Supernatural Combo LTW and Midge's Supernatural Fans/Skeptics Memory Mod (https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ernatural-mods).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 1:25 PM
This mod works perfectly and is a fantastic and much-needed addition to the game- thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:43 PM
Does anyone know if this conflicts with LTW variety? I like having the standard LTWs tailored more to interests and personality, but of course I'd like these new ones, too.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:31 PM
Wow! These look amazing!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 4:46 PM Last edited by magicslippers : 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by meeks926
Does anyone know if this conflicts with LTW variety? I like having the standard LTWs tailored more to interests and personality, but of course I'd like these new ones, too.

Came to ask this as well, i'd love to have original wants have the variety while new ones have the assigned system they have. This is the mod we're talking about: Greater LTW Variety by Pescado over at MATY.

Also, i haven't had to delve into load order much, what would be a simple way to deal with creaturefixes? Leaving it in main Downloads folder and having rest inside the LTW folder or whatever should already deal with it right?

Thank you for this mod, it looks amazing! Can't wait to install it!

Edit: On load order, i see, it's alphabetical and folders load before single files, so placing creaturefixes in the same (sub)folder as the conflicting stuff should take care of it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:15 PM
Wow! Interesting. LTWs that are fun, challenging, and make more sense than the maxis ones. Will definitely be downloading this .
just a girl
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bagfran
I've been really looking forward to this, and I'm sure it's not going to disappoint, but just wanted to let you know that HCDU+ reports a conflict between the Supernatural Combo LTW and Midge's Supernatural Fans/Skeptics Memory Mod (https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ernatural-mods).

Thanks, I'll see what can be done.

Quote: Originally posted by meeks926

No, it doesn't. LTW variety conflicts with my LTW Chooser, but it's a different story.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 7:50 PM
This is so freaking cool!!!! I can't wait to try these out! Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 12