Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50 New Lifetime Wants for Sims 2 [Experimental]

by Lamare Posted 2nd Aug 2022 at 12:37 AM - Updated 21st Apr 2024 at 1:37 PM by Lamare

297 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 242 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 12
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:07 PM
This is amazing, probably the number one thing I've wanted in my game for years now, thank you so much! Do you know if it's compatible with SnorkackSearcher's Fewer Hobby Wants?
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:27 PM
Any chance you'll release a BV version? Us, Mac simmers, don't have FT, M&G, and AL.
just a girl
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Matryoshkah
Do you know if it's compatible with SnorkackSearcher's Fewer Hobby Wants?

Don't see a reason why not.

Quote: Originally posted by tindyriushka
Any chance you'll release a BV version? Us, Mac simmers, don't have FT, M&G, and AL.

Yes, I'm thinking about it. It'll take some time, though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 9:52 PM
Can't wait to give this a try! Thank you for all of your work on this! It looks great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 10:27 PM
Ok I know this is weird to ask but Maxis took out a want to have three alien babies (among other wants)- some were taken out for a reason- but I don’t get why the alien babies want was taken out, do you think you can add it someday and make it for knowledge and family sims?

I know it takes time, and if you don’t want to do it that’s ok, but I’d figure I’d ask. Also do we still have the sims life stories wants?

Also I know it’s off topic but I use your lifetime wants chooser all the time, and I can’t wait to try these new Aspirations with this new download! (I’d be doing it now but my computer is in the shop)

Also thanks for the mod suggestions (I want my game to play as smoothly as possible and with mods it does.
just a girl
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:15 PM
I don't plan on making new LTWs for now, but there's no harm in throwing around ideas. Someone might make them one day, maybe even me.
Life Stories wants are not supported by the WantTuning package I provide here, but it's easily customizable. You can use any LTWs if you add their IDs in the WantTuning package. Look at Adding wants section of this tutorial: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=669545
Good luck with your computer!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:01 AM
Ahhhhhh I'm so excited for this!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@kestrellyn, I googled this: http://cyjon.net/node/240
According to Cyjon, butlers do ask by default, but they may not ask again if you say yes. This is probably what happens in your game. I'll add this mod to the recommended list.

Ahh, interesting, I'll have to get that one.

By the way, I don't have time to play the game right now (in the middle of moving) but when I do install these I definitely will want that object to show LTW progress. If you have no plans to make it, do you mind if I do?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 7:55 AM
Wow. Wow and wow. THIS IS IMPRESSIVE. THIS IS AWESOME.
I've just finished my rotation, did a back up and run to get this one. Well, not run, but sit in front of the computer. And read thoroughly and check conflits and customize the amounts - because I play with shorter lifespans and some are not really doable for my poor Sims.
I did not remove any of yours, yet. Because I want them all to appear at least once, test them and then I'll decide whether I want them or not in my game forever.
But this is so cool, being able to choose from so much variety!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:16 PM
What to do when I select new LTWs and they doesn't show up, just blank space? I checked and deleted conflicting files
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:23 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for this - I can't wait to try it!

A few questions: if a sim has started fulfilling one of these LTWs before they get it (for example a child who has started collect vacation mementos and then grows to teen and rolls that LTW) does it count or do they have to start again?

Secondly, will these LTW reroll/cycle just like the original ones when you reroll or cycle the LTW with Sim Blender. I often use that feature to change a LTW if I don't like it/have had too many of it lately, and want to check whether this would work with your custom LTWs. Presumably it would just reroll/cycle through all the LTWs the sim is eligable for?

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM
Thank you so much for creating these, such a big addition to gameplay! Also commenting to state that the mod seems to work fine with Boiling Oil's alien experiments mod.
Link Ninja
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bergaroth
What to do when I select new LTWs and they doesn't show up, just blank space? I checked and deleted conflicting files

In the troubleshooting list it says: If your sim doesn't get a lifetime want after using LTW Chooser (it is blank) - check that the want's ID is present in the WantTuning package (UI Data) and that there aren't any IDs of wants that you don't have in the list. If something is wrong in that package, the game may have trouble reading it correctly.

Did you remove any LTW options from your bundle or use one of the alternative ones (like the 20 good vacations vs getting all the mementos)? If so you need to adjust that package to match what LTW files are in your game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

just a girl
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
By the way, I don't have time to play the game right now (in the middle of moving) but when I do install these I definitely will want that object to show LTW progress. If you have no plans to make it, do you mind if I do?

I don't mind, but... This object might reveal my little trick with numbers I'll have to see and get back to you on this one.

Quote: Originally posted by Amura
And read thoroughly and check conflits and customize the amounts - because I play with shorter lifespans and some are not really doable for my poor Sims.

Oh, cool! Did my comments with min/max amounts make sense? I guess so, but tell me if there's anything confusing.

Quote: Originally posted by Bergaroth

Check your WantTuning package. If you edited it, you might have made a mistake. Or if you removed any files from my bundle, you have to remove the corresponding IDs from the WantTuning. Also, I agree with what Charmful said.

Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
A few questions: if a sim has started fulfilling one of these LTWs before they get it (for example a child who has started collect vacation mementos and then grows to teen and rolls that LTW) does it count or do they have to start again?

It depends on the LTW and on whether the sims started before or after you have installed this mod. The fact of getting/assigning an LTW doesn't matter. With Mementos, sims won't have to redo them, if the mod was already installed when they started, but if they started before installing this, they will have to redo some of them. The bug collection, for another example, works differently - doesn't matter if this mod was installed when it was started.

Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
Secondly, will these LTW reroll/cycle just like the original ones when you reroll or cycle the LTW with Sim Blender. I often use that feature to change a LTW if I don't like it/have had too many of it lately, and want to check whether this would work with your custom LTWs. Presumably it would just reroll/cycle through all the LTWs the sim is eligable for?

This LTWs will reroll, recycle and may be picked with the LTW Chooser. They work exactly as original LTWs in this regard.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 10:48 PM
Thank you so much :lovestruc
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 12:42 AM
My Sim got the earn $20,000 by performing music so I’ve been sending him to public lots with 7-8 creativity. Asides filling his needs this is all he does. However even if he performs for half the day he gets like $100. I’m not sure I’m going to manage this unless he lives forever
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bagfran
I've been really looking forward to this, and I'm sure it's not going to disappoint, but just wanted to let you know that HCDU+ reports a conflict between the Supernatural Combo LTW and Midge's Supernatural Fans/Skeptics Memory Mod (https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ernatural-mods).

Thanks, I'll see what can be done.

Thanks! For the moment, I've just removed your LTW (and changed the WantTuning package accordingly).
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 11:18 AM
Quote:
Check your WantTuning package. If you edited it, you might have made a mistake. Or if you removed any files from my bundle, you have to remove the corresponding IDs from the WantTuning. Also, I agree with what Charmful said.

None of the want show up and I don't see problems in tuning. I even redownloaded the package despite not edidting anything and still doesn't work. Also I didn't delete nothing from the bundle
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 2:53 PM
Thank you for the amazing work you've put into this mod! I just had a small problem, the new LTWs turn up as blank in my game. I checked the WantTuning package and the IDs for the new wants are in there, they're just not turning up in my game?
just a girl
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Lamare : 4th Aug 2022 at 3:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dietcoke
My Sim got the earn $20,000 by performing music so I’ve been sending him to public lots with 7-8 creativity. Asides filling his needs this is all he does. However even if he performs for half the day he gets like $100. I’m not sure I’m going to manage this unless he lives forever

One can dream! and the journey is more important than the destination
On a serious note, you're right, and these amounts are subject to change. Follow the Customizing section and edit the numbers to your liking.

@Bergaroth, @geospiza
You may have another WantTuning package that overrides mine. It may not have this name, the actual internal resource's name is UI Data (group 0xCDA53B6F, instance 0x2D7EE26B). Some mods include this resource and you may not realize it. If HCDU and SiMidge don't catch this conflict you'll have to search for it manually. I would suggest 50/50 method, but first try this, to confirm the problem. Make a backup of your The Sims 2 folder in Documents, remove all CC and mods except for this set and load up the game. If the problem is solved you'll know that there really is a conflict and will be able to start looking for it. Restore a backup after you're done testing and remove the found culprit.
Or, if you don't want to go through all this, move the WantTuning package to a location that will make it load an absolute last. The root Downloads folder might work. Make some kind of text note for yourself to remember where everything is.
just a girl
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 6:12 PM
For Midge's SupernaturalFanSkepticMemories mod that conflicts with my Supernatural Combo LTW.
To use both: 1) download zzPatch_supernaturalfanskeptic_SuperComboLTW, 2) make it load after BOTH mods, 3) put the files in the same folder and/or make a note for yourself not to forget about the load order arrangement.
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 7:06 PM
One can dream! and the journey is more important than the destination
On a serious note, you're right, and these amounts are subject to change. Follow the Customizing section and edit the numbers to your liking.

@Bergaroth, @geospiza
You may have another WantTuning package that overrides mine. It may not have this name, the actual internal resource's name is UI Data (group 0xCDA53B6F, instance 0x2D7EE26B). Some mods include this resource and you may not realize it. If HCDU and SiMidge don't catch this conflict you'll have to search for it manually. I would suggest 50/50 method, but first try this, to confirm the problem. Make a backup of your The Sims 2 folder in Documents, remove all CC and mods except for this set and load up the game. If the problem is solved you'll know that there really is a conflict and will be able to start looking for it. Restore a backup after you're done testing and remove the found culprit.
Or, if you don't want to go through all this, move the WantTuning package to a location that will make it load an absolute last. The root Downloads folder might work. Make some kind of text note for yourself to remember where everything is.

Yessss! Thank you sooo much! I found the other WantTuning package that was overriding it, removed it, and now the new LTWs appear! I am so excited to play with them! Thank you for making this amazing mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 9:12 PM
I got to play for all of like 2 hours the other day, and this is already so wonderful. My newest sims with these new LTWs feel so fresh and different as far as their implied characters! I'm having a lovely time. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 10:21 PM
While it is good to see some more lifetime wants, some of the new ones are on par with some of the base game wants that I think should be fixed to reduce the number to a more achievable level. Things like 50 1st Dates & raise 20 kittens/puppies are just to big to be done.
just a girl
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlfredAskew
My newest sims with these new LTWs feel so fresh and different as far as their implied characters!

This is what I was aiming for. Very pleased to hear that it works.

Quote: Originally posted by pjb123
While it is good to see some more lifetime wants, some of the new ones are on par with some of the base game wants that I think should be fixed to reduce the number to a more achievable level. Things like 50 1st Dates & raise 20 kittens/puppies are just to big to be done.

It depends on one's play style. If you would like to change these amounts for your game, follow the Customizing section.
Page 2 of 12