Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2022 at 12:07 PM
Default Suggestion- WCIF autolink
I would like to suggest that an autolink be generated whenever someone types "WCIF".
As the WCIF forums are spread across the three different game sections, perhaps the autolink could point to a page which is formulated like this:

For which game are you seeking content?
Sims 2
Sims 3
Sims 4

Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 1:40 PM
Also, would it be possible to have a link to 'Posts/ Groups' here:

If I want to refer to a post I made or a thread I started, it would be great to not to have to go to Profile and click the tab to get here:

Pretty please with bells on it!
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 8:11 AM
Hi @simsample !

Posts & Groups is a custom tab made specifically for the Profile page - it doesn't exist anyplace else on the site. What specific functionality where you looking for in the navbar link?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 9:06 AM
I was looking for a quicker way to find all of the posts I've made rather than clicking on my picture> Profile> Posts&Groups tab> Find all posts by... or Find all threads started by...
Just because I can often remember who made a post yesterday, but not where it was; or perhaps I'm trying to link someone to something I typed out last week or something.
No worries if it can't be done, just a suggestion!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 1:01 PM
What you could do is just add those 2 links (from each of the 2 buttons) to your Quick Links, that way they appear in the My Links menu. That's kind of a way to make the navbar customisable in terms of links for you alone

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 10:42 AM
Hey @Tashiketh
Thanks for your response on this thread, could I please reiterate my 'pretty please' request for an autolink for WCIF?
Example of need here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=679198
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hey @Tashiketh
Thanks for your response on this thread, could I please reiterate my 'pretty please' request for an autolink for WCIF?
Example of need here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=679198

That's not really possible, because WCIF could link to TS2, TS3, or TS4. There is no one single place to see all games WCIF forums, so an auto link for WCIF is not doable.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 12:18 PM
I understand that, my original idea was that maybe a page could be created as an index, so that when you click the WCIF autolink it takes you to a page that looks like this:

For which game are you seeking content?
Sims 2
Sims 3
Sims 4

I don't know if that's possible or feasible at all?