Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smooth Patch 2.1

by LazyDuchess Posted 31st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2024 at 8:38 PM by LazyDuchess

504 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 351 Feedback Posts, 152 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 21
Test Subject
#226 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CarlDillynson
I don’t have Steam lol. Ive had the game as a digital download through Origin since like 2013 - hence the confusion as to why I don’t have an “OriginGames” folder as one of the comments here suggested. And I literally don’t have the folder that the OP says we need put the mod into…not sure why. Thanks tho!

By default, your game folder should be under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
You could also right-click your launcher and choose "open file/folder location" (I don't know how exactly it's called but it should be something like that).

Hope this helps
Test Subject
#227 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CarlDillynson
I don’t have Steam lol. Ive had the game as a digital download through Origin since like 2013 - hence the confusion as to why I don’t have an “OriginGames” folder as one of the comments here suggested. And I literally don’t have the folder that the OP says we need put the mod into…not sure why. Thanks tho!

I was having the same problem! Try pasting this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" Into the top bar on your file explorer, Brought it up for me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 11th Mar 2022 at 4:10 AM
i never write these, but this was a serious big help! all i have to say is OH MY GOD THE DIFFERENCE. ive played this game for a long time and never found a good solution to this, thanks a bunch
Test Subject
#229 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 6:04 PM
I couldn't get this mod to work, unfortunately, for some reason, it did not launch the patch launcher and the original launcher seemed to be disabled as well. I tried all the methods mentioned in this comments section ( increasing delay, turning the debug on/off,..) I could download it with no issue, but when attempting to run the program, I kept getting a dialog box asking if I wanted an unknown file to make changes, I said yes but the file never launched :/... I have ended up deleting everything and I'm able to run the game vanilla. This is also one of my first sims 3 downloads, sims 2 is so much easier for me.
Test Subject
#230 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 8:51 PM
I can't get this to work despite following the instructions and adjusting the values in the text file. Opening the exe boots up Origin and the game launcher, but once I click on the Play button in the launcher, the game doesn't launch, the launcher exits, and the patch exe disappears from the directory. I'm also unable to paste it back into the directory as I get a message saying I need permission - I need to restart my computer to be able to paste it again. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#231 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 9:11 PM Last edited by Sol_Rising : 22nd Mar 2022 at 9:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rsanda
Winecfg is this: https://wiki.winehq.org/Winecfg

Step by step:

* Install vcrun2013 using winetricks (or protontricks which is a fork of winetricks) (2013 alone worked for me but you might want to also install later versions as well)
* Put the smooth patch to the binary folder.
* Add DLL overrides to ddraw.dll and TS3Patch.asi using winecfg
* Edit TS3Patch.txt to whatever you wish it to do.
* Play the game.

Does this apply with Origin using Lutris?
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 25th Mar 2022 at 2:14 AM Last edited by CarlDillynson : 25th Mar 2022 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kshack542
I was having the same problem! Try pasting this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" Into the top bar on your file explorer, Brought it up for me!

Thank you! You're completely correct! I didn't think to look in the Local disc (c: ) folder and go from there. Instructions weren't very clear.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#233 Old 25th Mar 2022 at 2:28 AM
I was finally able to download this mod, and after a few click throughs I immediately noticed a difference in CAS and CASt - I am so thoroughly impressed! I've been playing Sims 3 since 09 and never thought I would ever be able to experience such a quick CASt (with all it loading and stuff, ugh). The fact that you can actually change the style/pattern while the other ones load in (instead of having to wait for every single one) is literally a GAME CHANGER. Thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
#234 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 6:49 PM
After having to redownload this to make sure it works on a new GPU, the 1.2.1 version doesn't allow the game to run windowed fullscreen borderless, which is actually something I liked surprisingly. Also, the debugging window pops up in a fullscreen borderless window rather than the little notification box in the center it was before. Now, I know it could be because I upgraded my GPU from an AMD to Nvidia, but it's a little infuriating to say the least since it worked really well before and I'm sure it's because I opted to keep the 1.2 version over the new version.

If anyone has a link to the 1.2 version floating around somewhere, I'd like to see if that's what the difference is!

Edit: Better picture quality without screen overlay. Oops

Quote:
Someone needs to take my WiFi away from me.
Test Subject
#235 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackenedHole
After having to redownload this to make sure it works on a new GPU, the 1.2.1 version doesn't allow the game to run windowed fullscreen borderless, which is actually something I liked surprisingly. Also, the debugging window pops up in a fullscreen borderless window rather than the little notification box in the center it was before. Now, I know it could be because I upgraded my GPU from an AMD to Nvidia, but it's a little infuriating to say the least since it worked really well before and I'm sure it's because I opted to keep the 1.2 version over the new version.

If anyone has a link to the 1.2 version floating around somewhere, I'd like to see if that's what the difference is!

Edit: Better picture quality without screen overlay. Oops

I'm having a similar issue with patch 1.2.1 only borderless works but only as far as it gets stuck in the top left hand corner which obviously isn't ideal.

I managed to find a copy of patch 1.2 but going through the Wayback Machine, using the same link but removing the "-1" on the end and heading to the second most recent capture. I hope this is helpful for you as well.
Test Subject
#236 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 9:07 PM Last edited by BlackenedHole : 5th Apr 2022 at 2:23 AM. Reason: retested; added details
Edit: I'm popping back in here after having more time to play around with the game and the mod to add some things I've found.

1 or 1.1 has an issue with borderless. It cuts off the top part of the screen for some unknown reason and obscures the cheat window (when open) and cuts off the top to the lot information window (how much it's worth in build/buy). All parts of the mod were removed, the cache was cleared, and clean copies were placed into the game between each test.

1.2.1 still has the issue with borderless with "choppy" bits in the game similar to how the game's windowed function works and you can accidentally resize the window as well. I'm pretty sure the latter of that means that the borderless function is broken for me. I was only able to fix it and get it back to the way it was before with an external program, and it's not a "drop and forget" style of program like this used to be sadly. Still getting the borderless fullscreen debug window when that option is enabled in the text file and a normal little popup when it's disabled. Go figure.

The actual smoothness isn't the problem though as that seems to be working without issue no matter the version, so I will definitely keep using the mod regardless.

Original message below:

Quote: Originally posted by Munchkin
I'm having a similar issue with patch 1.2.1 only borderless works but only as far as it gets stuck in the top left hand corner which obviously isn't ideal.

I managed to find a copy of patch 1.2 but going through the Wayback Machine, using the same link but removing the "-1" on the end and heading to the second most recent capture. I hope this is helpful for you as well.

It takes it a minute as it runs through some loops, but that actually works. Unfortunately, I think it's either version 1 or 1.1 as it was last revised in August '21 and each individual download seems to be the same in testing, no matter what the date on the captured page is... Ah well, I think it's doing better overall than the 1.2.1 version with the debug window not going fullscreen and the actual game not having the default windowed choppy text that seems to plague me lol

Quote:
Someone needs to take my WiFi away from me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#237 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 1:40 AM
I must try this ty!! Tyvm!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#238 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 9:05 AM
Thank you so much! I'm playing on an potato laptop and my sims 3 has never played so smoothly before! :D
Forum Resident
#239 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by virtualdolls
does this work with patch 1.67 on disc download? when i load up the game it says "unable to load ts3Patch.asi error 126". now my game wont even start after i removed the patch from my files. i'm really confused, i removed all my cc and it still won't load i was up until morning troubleshooting to no avail, i believe i'll have to uninstall my game and reinstall but i'm really wanting to use this patch. i have a disc copy by the way, not an origin or steam copy. is this because i have patch 1.67? is there a version of this patch that'd work for me?

Heya virtualdolls, are you still having this error 126 issue? If yes, or for anyone who has this issue, try downloading the latest version of VCRedist that LazyDuchess has linked to at the bottom of the mod description page here on MTS. Please note that installing vcredist may not work with the first try, as the installer may warn you that you have a more modern version installed. In which case you will want to go into "add/remove programs" and uninstall the unwanted versions, which would be VCRedist 2015-2019 versions. After that, you should be able to install Lazy Duchess's recommended VCRedist just fine. Hope it works! (Tip courtesy of @Deniisu).
Test Subject
#240 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 1:51 AM
This mod works wonderfully and my game is much smoother and I love it thank you! I am using the smooth patch and the fps limiter included, but I have screen tearing in game. Is there a way to get rid of the screen tearing on my end?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#241 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 10:23 PM Last edited by Sakamoto : 10th May 2022 at 1:31 AM.
Thank you so much, I'm finally able to play TS3 without (almost no) lag after all these years!
I suggest applying routing fixes as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#242 Old 23rd May 2022 at 12:41 AM
It's so nice having this game run like actual butter. It's incredibly smooth. Thank you!
Test Subject
#243 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:28 PM
Default Error 126
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm playing the sims 3 on discs and installed the smooth patch along with a bunch of other mods to keep things working well (they're all compatible). I keep getting the Error 126 message after launching the game (when I close the popup the game starts as normal) even after installing both VC 2015 64 bit and 84 bit. I'm not the best at computer stuff but I don't think I did anything wrong. Any help would be super appreciated!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#244 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 11:57 PM
Firstly, this is brilliant, I notice a very large difference between how it normally plays vs with the patch, don't think I'll ever play without it again.

I did notice on your site a mention of working on 2.0 with a demo of CAS not doing its weird delayed laggy loading junk - is 2.0 still a thing? I'd loev to see more fixes.
Field Researcher
#245 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 5:37 PM
Hello, I am having issues with the patch. I get a message from the ASI loader that says "Unable to load TS3Patch.asi. Error: 193" whenever I try launching the game so the patch isn't working. I have compared my versions of the VCRedist with the ones that my friend has (the patch works for her) and we have the same ones but for some reason I'm still getting errors. I also made an exception for my antivirus in the Sims 3 Game > Bin folder but to no avail. Has anyone who's been in the same situation managed to fix it?
Test Subject
#246 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 10:16 PM
Does anyone know if Duchess' patched launcher allows store content? It doesn't let me install the Multi Tab 6000, Riverview and Lucky Palms worlds due to incorrect software version.
Test Subject
#247 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:02 PM
Doesn't work for me, ever since I used it my load screen of my world/family is in loading screen for hours. Anyone has the same problem?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#248 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 3:38 PM
Amazing mod patch fixing many issues and lags.

Now my game is working better. Thank You.
Test Subject
#249 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giwta Kaga
Doesn't work for me, ever since I used it my load screen of my world/family is in loading screen for hours. Anyone has the same problem?

Is your game in fullscreen or windowed? I had loading issues when I had fullscreen selected
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#250 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 10:25 PM
hello I know I'm asking stupid questions but for me it's important to know this this mod is compatible with mac since I was forced to complame a mac to have the 64 bit version and avoid the damn error 12 but now I have a big problem with many game mods and what they give realimo and improvements to the game many of them are not compatible what I want to achieve is this mod compatible or in the future will it be compatible with mac?
Page 10 of 21