Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smooth Patch 2.1

by LazyDuchess Posted 31st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2024 at 8:38 PM by LazyDuchess

504 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 351 Feedback Posts, 152 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 21
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 4:53 AM
After trying out this mod. I gotta say, this is the single most important Sims 3 mod every made. Wait... no, nraas is important too. Okay, one of the two most important Sims 3 mods ever made!
I've bean throwing compute power at this game for years. Got myself into PC building, researching SSDs even overclocking, and it still refuses to run smoothly. Until now.
Can't thank you enough, this is a godsend.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 6:30 AM
Thanks, this didn't really change my start-up load speed/time but I have a pretty fast pc, so not much surprise but the in game motions and loading and use of CAS/CAP and Build & Buy are exceptional! Thanks again
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#203 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 11:27 PM Last edited by LimeyYoshi : 27th Jan 2022 at 12:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cealte
This is super useful but ever since I downloaded it, my game won' let me take screenshots. During the game, it acts as if it had taken them but then nothing appears when I go see them. Has it happened to anyone else? Does anyone else know how to fix it?

So I'm not the only one? I had never connected this issue to the Smooth Patch of all things. (Mind you, I'm still on 1.0, about to update to 1.2.)

Will say however that this issue really only is minor as you can easily TAB into Camera Mode and take your screenshot using the Print Screen key on your keyboard.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 6:02 AM
thanks! this is exactly what I need!
Test Subject
#205 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Sims3Surfer : 18th Feb 2022 at 12:12 AM.
unfortunately, i'm not experiencing any change in CAS load times. it says it's patched, and the launcher is different. but the game stills run the same regardless of what i change the TPS to, and regardless of whether i have the patch activated or not. delay also does nothing. am I opening my game wrong maybe? :/

update: i still have not seen any changes in live mode, cas, or build/buy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 8:48 AM
Noooo, my long load times.
Scholar
#207 Old 16th Feb 2022 at 4:48 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 16th Feb 2022 at 5:01 PM.
Can you tell me what files this patch changes? I've just installed your latest update (Update 1.2.1) and now my game keeps crashing at start up. I haven't installed any new mods or cc, I've made no changes other than installing this patch. I took it out and put the previous version back in, the one I was using with no problems and the game doesn't even start without crashing. I took that version out and tried to start the game with no patch installed at all - still crashes. What other files were affected? Do I have to reinstall my game? I really don't want to do that unless I have to lol
Test Subject
#208 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Can you tell me what files this patch changes? I've just installed your latest update (Update 1.2.1) and now my game keeps crashing at start up. I haven't installed any new mods or cc, I've made no changes other than installing this patch. I took it out and put the previous version back in, the one I was using with no problems and the game doesn't even start without crashing. I took that version out and tried to start the game with no patch installed at all - still crashes. What other files were affected? Do I have to reinstall my game? I really don't want to do that unless I have to lol

could it be a cache issue?
Test Subject
#209 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 1:15 PM
My game doesn't run in borderless windowed mode anymore since the recent update to 1.2.1. I've tried deactivating and reactivating it but to no avail. Strangely, the "Patch working" message is being displayed in fullscreen if borderless windowed mode is enabled. The task bar keeps showing up either way. Has anyone else experienced this?
Test Subject
#210 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vascera
My game doesn't run in borderless windowed mode anymore since the recent update to 1.2.1. I've tried deactivating and reactivating it but to no avail. Strangely, the "Patch working" message is being displayed in fullscreen if borderless windowed mode is enabled. The task bar keeps showing up either way. Has anyone else experienced this?

Im having the same issue
Scholar
#211 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daciasil21
could it be a cache issue?

The update wasn't compatible with Reshade v 3.0, so I had to update Reshade before I was ready to lol
#212 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lizze12
Im having the same issue

I was having the same issue as you both. I have since fixed this. If you disable the start-up message then the game will run in full-screen borderless, this will also let you know the mod is working

Hope this is helpful, happy simming!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 5:02 AM
i don't know what you do but this really work to make my game playable again, in my old ordinary laptop
Test Subject
#214 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 7:14 AM
does this work with patch 1.67 on disc download? when i load up the game it says "unable to load ts3Patch.asi error 126". now my game wont even start after i removed the patch from my files. i'm really confused, i removed all my cc and it still won't load i was up until morning troubleshooting to no avail, i believe i'll have to uninstall my game and reinstall but i'm really wanting to use this patch. i have a disc copy by the way, not an origin or steam copy. is this because i have patch 1.67? is there a version of this patch that'd work for me?
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:39 PM
Mod looks lovely, but I don't have a "game" folder in my Sims 3 files, nor do I have an "OriginGames" folder on my computer. I have documents/electronic arts/the sims 3, But there is no "game" folder within the sims 3 folder on my computer. It must not be meant to be for me xD but I am glad other people are using it!!
Test Subject
#216 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarlDillynson
Mod looks lovely, but I don't have a "game" folder in my Sims 3 files, nor do I have an "OriginGames" folder on my computer. I have documents/electronic arts/the sims 3, But there is no "game" folder within the sims 3 folder on my computer. It must not be meant to be for me xD but I am glad other people are using it!!

Haven't tried the mod yet, but i found the folder: you need to go to the steam local files of the game, something like
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Test Subject
#217 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shelterdog123
My Sims3 came from Steam.
I do not have Sims 3/Game/Bin. I go to Documents: Electronic Arts: Sims 3 and this is what I have.
Collections
ContentPatch
CurrentGame.Sims3
Custom Music
DC backup DCCCashe
Downloads
Exports
Featureditems
IGAC
Installedworlds
Library
Mods
Recorded Video
SavedOutfits
SavedSims
Saves
Screenshots
SigsCashe
Thumbnails
WorldCaches

it's something like SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
you can go to steam and go to the game and click the gear icon on the game page in your library, see smth like admin->local file
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by got7amy
Haven't tried the mod yet, but i found the folder: you need to go to the steam local files of the game, something like
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

I don’t have Steam lol. Ive had the game as a digital download through Origin since like 2013 - hence the confusion as to why I don’t have an “OriginGames” folder as one of the comments here suggested. And I literally don’t have the folder that the OP says we need put the mod into…not sure why. Thanks tho!
Test Subject
#219 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 6:58 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how do I change the values? Like, if I want change TPS to 1000, what do I do? I tried changing it in the .txt file but I wasn't allowed to save it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 9:45 AM
I use this app with the Nraas mods, and my game now runs about as perfect as I think is possible! It's not 100% lag free but about 90% smooth!
Top Secret Researcher
#221 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkPower
This may be a stupid question, but how do I change the values? Like, if I want change TPS to 1000, what do I do? I tried changing it in the .txt file but I wasn't allowed to save it.

Take the txt file from the download, change the value, save it to some other location and then copy-paste it to the correct location, replacing the original. At least that's how it worked for me. You do need admin privileges for your Programs folder.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#222 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 11:31 PM
Wow this mod is a God send, thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 1:08 PM
Fantastic mod. Game-changer, really. I always wished Sims 3 would run like this.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 6:31 PM
Just a heads up. This semi conflicts with "Automatic Savegame Loading" by QuackGames. That is supposed to show a countdown dialog that gives the user 15 seconds to interrupt it before automatically loading the most recent saved game once the program loads to the main save menu. With Smooth Patch, that counts down extremely fast.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#225 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Werewolf05 : 9th Mar 2022 at 8:17 PM.
Thanks a lot for this mod! I just downloaded and installed it, everything working just fine, no issues! I can't really evaluate the performance increase just now as I'm about 5 minutes into the game after patching but I'm sure it'll make a difference

EDIT: CAS, CAST and Build/Buy are subjectively much smoother now, even though I don't have a direct comparison. Definitely worth it!
Page 9 of 21