Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 8:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Night of the living Dead?
So for the past couple of games, I've been playing in Isla Paradiso. I've noticed that when I edit the town, a handful of the deceased residents are alive (Most notably, the late parents of Matteo Torres) and are all living together in one house. I have to manually delete this resurrected family every time!

What gives?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
So for the past couple of games, I've been playing in Isla Paradiso. I've noticed that when I edit the town, a handful of the deceased residents are alive (Most notably, the late parents of Matteo Torres) and are all living together in one house. I have to manually delete this resurrected family every time!

What gives?

Do a search for "Isla Paradiso fixes". It's mess. There are fixed versions of that world, one or two here on MTS. Other sites say to delete this or that, including a couple of families that are corrupted from EA. The one you mention might be one. Personally, I stopped playing that world soon after I got it because of bugs (even in fixed worlds). Use it as a vacation, and when return to homeworld, all of the Late Night bars don't work. Do not remember where in these threads, but someone did a fix for the houseboats recently as well. Might be on the downloads pages by now.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You mean the late night bars in your homeworld no longer works after returning from IP vacation?

Hmm... I also travel to IP for vacation and I have never seen this. My homeworld is Bridgeport, but I've also used Riverview before. How do the bars break? Maybe it is something I haven't noticed.

These kind of global things are rare. The only one I can think of is Lucky Palm, for some reason barstools don't work in that world.

I never used Bridgeport as homeworld after I got IP. Generally, Moonlight Falls, Midnight Hollow and Antara Lakes (user created). I always play, owning bars, and add LN bars to replace self serve bars... usually the dive bar with better textures. I also have my own custom vampire bar (whole building lot), that I usually place, with a LN bar in it.

Go on vacation to IP (Esmerelda's fixed... and pretty certain it happened BEFORE installing fixed version), return home, and no bartenders, and cannot assign using Nraas register. Nraas Debug reset doesn't work either. Been more than a year since I used IP for vacations. It IS loaded, and items are in Build/ Buy and CAS, but my Sims don't go there anymore. Not a BIG deal at this point.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 10:58 AM
It's probably being caused by NRAAS traveller:
https://www.nraas.net/community/sto...sion/topic10749
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hmm... yeah I've never seen that before and I still go there for vacation, so I'm not entirely sure it is caused by it. I also read people say one of the resorts in IP is bugged, but again, I find no evidence of this. Everyone's game is different because of the combination of different mods we use, I would think this is more mod related. I'm not quite sure why any functions relating to bars would be relevant to switching worlds. The data transfer between worlds are only sim related. Traveling is basically copying the traveling family down into the traveldb or export, then save the homeworld, load new world, update new world sims, add traveling family, and vica versa. This is why if you travel and the game crashed or didn't load, you can take your homeworld NHD in the "currentgame" folder and load that as a save file with all the progress you've made prior to traveling.

Many things that many have never seen before, including me. As you said, and I often say, we all have so many different combinations of mods, hard to figure out which may be the cause. A favorite example that I use is my FemmeBots (my "special" female Plumbots), lost color in a couple of motive bars. Search after search led me back here to an MTS thread, where apparently, one of the vampire mods that changes social xml was the culprit! Hmmmm.... vampire mod messes up Plumbots? Go figure! Of course, as I mostly play vampires, and always have bots I may be testing, I have always had several vampire mods, and never that problem. BUT, as the last vampire mods appeared to be what caused it, and the thread info, easy to track down and remove that mod.

IP problem is different. This is ONLY an issue when going to IP for whatever reason. I have all EP's and several CC worlds, and none cause the bars to break on return to homeworld. I played a long time, and only recently (Covid boredom), completed my TS3 collection. Whatever other mod may be twisting up with IP, has been there a long time before I installed IP. Lived without IP for a long time, so not a huge deal for me not to go... and IF i do, I know I will have to go to all the bars in town and replace them, and re-register bartenders. Oh well!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:59 PM
Well, I'm starting a new game, this time in Moonlight falls, but the same glitch is happening (This time with only one "undead" in the household) When I tried to delete the "resurrected" sim, a popup occurred that said basically "This household is experiencing a tragedy and cannot be moved out." Yet, I was able to delete the house the resurrected sim was living in and then delete the sim from the clipboard.
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:31 AM
you might try deleting the urnstone through Twallan's Master Controller on the very first day of visiting Isla Paradiso. click on the lot, pick Master Controller - Object Stats and find the urnstone. removing the deceased urnstone still makes the family tree look unscathed as it only removes the physics of the sim, but the data and portrait are shown.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Well, I'm starting a new game, this time in Moonlight falls, but the same glitch is happening (This time with only one "undead" in the household) When I tried to delete the "resurrected" sim, a popup occurred that said basically "This household is experiencing a tragedy and cannot be moved out." Yet, I was able to delete the house the resurrected sim was living in and then delete the sim from the clipboard.

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but at one time I was seeing resurrected dead in my worlds, and in that case it was because I was attempting to move between saves by quitting to the menu and opening a different world. Meticulously quitting all the way to desktop between playing different saves solved the problem.