Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:40 AM
I deleted a neighborhood?
I deleted veronaville and I was wondering since there is a new neighborhood coming with the game, will it interfere with my game?
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 5:58 AM
It shouldn't. All it does is add a new neighborhood. It wouldn't mess around with the ones you have. But your Veronaville will get deleted anyways and replaced with the original one if you don't back your game up when you install Seasons.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 5:59 AM
Would it really? I did nott know that..

Usually expansions don't set your hoods back to default.
#4 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:11 AM
It usually resets your Sims profile, or at least to me. And when it does that, you get the 3 (in the future 4) original neighborhoods.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:16 AM
All 3 expansions haven't done that to me...

Maybe I am just abnormal. Or maybe its you...
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 11:44 AM
The expansions have never ever dne that to me. I have only one hood in the game, of my own creation, and no maxis whatsoever. I reckon it will jsut add the new one onto the end...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#7 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:36 PM
What expansions actually do is to create again the default neighbourhoods if they were deleted before installing it
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:03 PM
I'm sorry, I have to argue with that. They don't for me anyway. I deleted Veronaville, Pleasantview and Strangetown before I installed Pets, I installed it, and they're still gone.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:33 PM
lol is this turning into a debate thread?

Anyway, thank you!
#10 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 12:09 AM
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have posted that. Whenever I install an EP, it completely restarts my user data. I lose everything if I don't back it up. Maybe its just my computer, I always thought it happened to everyone.

And when anybody's user data resets, you get the 3 original neighborhoods back.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkySharky6
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have posted that. Whenever I install an EP, it completely restarts my user data. I lose everything if I don't back it up. Maybe its just my computer, I always thought it happened to everyone.

And when anybody's user data resets, you get the 3 original neighborhoods back.

The only time that ever happens to me is if there are no neighborhoods at all in the neighborhood file.
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:51 PM
Strange. Sorry about the debatey comment... I think they'll probably just add the new Hood onto the end of our originals... I think...

#13 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:40 AM
That never happens to me either. I always have one custom neighborhood and that's it. My computer can't take much else right now. And when I've installed a new EP it hasn't added the otd neighborhoods.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:59 AM
I don't remember but I think they don't get resetted. In the pictures, the new neighborhood was the first one, second one Pleasantview, and so on... But that would be weird because Pleasantview is N001...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:52 PM
When I installed nightlife all it did was add downtowns and stuff to my neighbourhoods (including originals). Nothing was reset at all
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 5:42 PM
No, the game does not reset your neighborhoods.

As for the new one in Seasons, I am thinking that Maxis may have to change the way the game 'names' the 'hood because someone might still just have N001, 2, and 3 - but some of us may have N001,2,7,8,12,14... see? I personally would LOVE to see it changed so that the game recognizes neighborhoods by their actual names such as Pleasantview, Apocalypse Isle, etc. Wouldn't that make all our lives easier? And, then we would be able to change it inside the NH (or on the NH Menu screen) like we can the lot names now (with OFB, I think). This might cause a problem with the character files, etc, but Maxis could come up with a way that this wouldn't have to change. Just because the NH is called something in our NH folder, that shouldn't have any bearings as to if the info inside that folder works or not, right? This would make the lives of people like me who have multiple Pleasantviews, or 13 nh's going at the same time. I have to decide before I start up my game which nh I am going to play, and then move the files around, then start up my game. I hope Maxis fixes this! Please?
#17 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 7:25 PM
I'm sure that the number of the neighbourhood and the numbers of all the things inside that need one are kept empty, and during the install all of them would be modified to match the good number, the first number in the line wich is not used
#18 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 8:16 PM
It could also be that the folder for the new neighborhood is simply named N_000 to avoid any of the issues of overwrites and to avoid the issue of where it would appear on players' neighborhood lists ... after all, that name would make it display before Pleasantview.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 10:08 PM
Yeah, I thought about that, too. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Hey, does anyone know if you can put 'filler folders' in the nh file? Like for example, have an actual n001, then make a new folder name it n002, restart the game, make a new 'hood, and it would then be n003? Just curious! Thanks!