Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 6:22 AM
Default Things we know-Factlist
Hi

I hope this will be OK here.
This shall be a factlist of things we know, that have been said, or seen in pictures.
I gathered this info from pics, news, reviews and BBS-thanks all

DISCLAIMER

Remember, these facts were gathered from a pre-alpha/alpha version,so things ARE BOUND TO CHANGE

CAS:

*Outerwear
*Choose your hairstyle for your outfit-Wear a woolly hat with outer wear,and a bedhead in PJs

Neighbourhood:

*New N'hood-Riverblossom Hills
*Premade families (Viejo, Greenman, O'Mackey) and new characters

In game features:

*Green Plant People as a result of overusing pesticides
*Penguin NPC, what its purpose is, isnt known yet
*Snow Day (no school for children and teens)
*Option to replace food in the fridge to consume later
*New weather channel on TV
*New careers with all new rewards (Career fields: Journalism, Gaming, Music, Law, Education, Adventure)
*When it snows, it will gradually build up on all objects (Custom or not) and floors outside in layers(cheeseisgood)
*fact that the seasons will be affecting the relationships (gerba)
*Badges for fishing and gardening (gerba)
Activies&Objects:

*Build Snowmen
*Lay in Snow and make Snow Angels!
*Go fishing in the lake!
*Gift give- by what it looks like on EdenSeason053 ( I DID NOT HOTLINK)
*Catch Butterflies
*With Pets EP, cats can catch butterflies.Dogs can eat snow
*New kitchen objects-country theme
*Slide
*Skate rink
*Coat Stand
*Wishing Well
*Juicer
*6 Carreer Rewards-to go with the new Careers
*Aspiration reward-the Weathernaught 57X (to change current weather/season)
*Grow,Tend,Harvest your own Veggies!

Tools:

*GreenHouse tool
*Round pool tool
*Changeable pool tiles and walls

more to come,and add what you find,and Ill add to the list

List of sites with reviews&pics

http://www.sims2community.com/

http://www.edenstyle.it/espansioni_season_speciale.htm

http://www.simfantastic2.com/sepreview.htm

http://www.thesimsresource.com/article/seasons

http://www.thesims2.com

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...02&adTopicID=14

Hopefully you will find this growing list helpful :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:25 AM
Nice factlist. This ep is amazing.
#3 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:30 AM
Thanks for sharing this list - alot of those things I didn't know about. It certainly sounds as if it will be an interesting Expansion Pack.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:13 AM
I think maybe they have put alot more effort into this EP... or is it just me? Sounds more than excellent though - and I hardly get excited about EPs.

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:19 AM
Hopefully the real Maxis we knew are back-lots of creativity, and *love* put into the games,like from Ts1
#6 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 4:28 AM
I do believe that I am more excited for this than I was for pets!
And that's coming from a die-hard dog lover.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 5:43 PM
I thought this might be boring but this will be my first expansion pack. From all the pics it looks like it will add a new dimension to the game, as far as it just being more interesting to play. I just hope you don't need all the other expansion packs to play certain things.
#8 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 8:39 PM
it looks amaaaazzzing :P

woot woot! snow!
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:05 AM
I really hope that they will finally be able to give gifts again!! I said I wouldn't be too excited about Seasons, but now that I know more about all the new features I am way too excited already..!
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 4:20 AM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/In_Season

Here's a list of everything known so far I collected on different site, enjoy!
#11 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 2:20 AM
This EP definitely seems more interesting than pets - Pets just seemed to be severely lacking in things to do, even with the pets there weren't many interactions at all.

And Squee! at the harvesting and growing food part - I can have farming communities! With cute English cottages. It looks as if this one has much more to offer.

I think I only bought Pets because of some of the features and I thought the animals were sort of cute. I was expecting more than I got, I suppose.
#12 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by .soapinha.
This EP definitely seems more interesting than pets - Pets just seemed to be severely lacking in things to do, even with the pets there weren't many interactions at all.

And Squee! at the harvesting and growing food part - I can have farming communities! With cute English cottages. It looks as if this one has much more to offer.

I think I only bought Pets because of some of the features and I thought the animals were sort of cute. I was expecting more than I got, I suppose.

i agree i loved the idea of pets but after i played a bit i ran out of new stuff to do - this looks like it'll be much better!
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 9:01 AM
For one of the features, what about the snow itself?

When it snows, it will gradually build up on all objects (Custom or not) and floors outside in layers.

I reckon that's worth the list! :P

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:55 PM
I am so gonna get this EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 11:12 PM
I love how they put all the trivial matters in this expansion pack, like ability to store leftovers in the fridge or changeable pool tiles and walls (: They didn't really do that in other EPs. Oh and the fact that these weather changes will affect sims' everyday life is amazing! I can't wait to play this EP!
#16 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:14 PM
Woa.... at first I thought this was like a joke money-wasting Expansion Pack but I was wrong! I'm certainly gonna buy this EP, it looks like it has more to offer than Pets. I found that Pets got boring after awhile.

But there's one bad thing, the snow building up with layers on custom content outside would be all glitchy.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:58 PM
I also at first thought this was going to suck...but I am extremely excited now. I think this will be the best EP of them all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the additonal careers(i refuse to try the mod/hack ones...just my preference). It sounds like vacation for sims1. I hope they make a new EP like magic(or atleast completely fantasy/supernatural) next!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 4:08 PM
I think you should at the fact that the seasons will be affecting the relationships to the features list ^^
Oh, and maybe that you will be able to choose how long the seasons will be that you have in the neighborhood, and which of them (read the TSR article for a better explanation)

edit: Oh, and don't forget the talent bagdes for fishing and harvesting
I'm quite excited about this EP!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 9:01 PM
Squeal!!! Music and Gaming Careers! Fishing!

Oh how I want this so bad. This expansion looks awesome!

And Snow Days sound so promising.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:44 PM
Nice list. I hope Seasons is everything its cracked up to be.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:36 PM
Does anyone know what pool tile recolours will be available??
Instructor
#22 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:49 PM
Tingtong... Presumably, all the wallpapers?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Scholar
#23 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 6:11 PM
hmm in the wiki it says new music is new age dont we have that already?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#24 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 6:16 PM
Wow. This EP sounds incredible. Thanks for the factlist. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.