Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 9:19 PM
Arg :weep: so this is what i get for not preordering!!!!! I just came back from gamestop and they arent getting it til tomorrow! In a way thats cool cuz i have to clean my folders anyway but sucks cuz tomorrow i have work! and my game guide wont be here til tomorrow as well! talk about a bad day :swear:
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 9:20 PM
i am going to attempt some body shop clean out in bit thats bout all i will do besides my usual restarting of the maxis hoods and i think i will also restart the reverse gender hood of pleasantview as well i tend to liek to start fresh(er) with a new ep plus since ill remove my downloads before i install ill get to play with out anything missing

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#78 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:06 PM
With a final downloads folder count at 1378 (may need adjusting once I get back in-game) I can now say that after a defrag, I am officially ready for Seasons.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#79 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:16 PM
I wont bother to clean anything out persay, I will just temporarily drag my downloads folder, lots folder, and neighborhoods folder onto desktop, make back up copies of everything relevant, such as downloads, lots, and neighborhoods, just in case, to make sure it installs okay, then will check and see what hacks are a problem, disable/remove anything questionable or a known problem with Clean Installer before putting my downloads back in, then run it. With 171 free gigs, and 1 gig of ram, I dont think that amounts of content will bother it, but the video card worries me. (knowing what my future present to me will be, a new video card! haha) And to think, I was buying (I thought!) a system that would last me through several expansion packs wail!
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:35 PM
I really want seasons it sounds awesome the only problem is that i need a new graphic card cuz i cant even install pets on my system because of that, but apart from that i think I am set. i used to have a lot of downloads and a couple of hacks but yea I've learned my lesson and because of a hack it missed up my game and ended up deleting everything it was horrible!!! but that wont stop me from downloading hair and clothes but as for hacks no way perhaps just the toddler mirror but thats it. oh can someone tell me how to check how much ram space i have, I am not sure?
#81 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:11 PM
wow ive never even bothered to prepare for a EP before, dont think i really need to, my laptop will more then be able to handle it, and i dont download to much custome content (only around 700 items) as im kinda picky and carfull on what i throw into the game. Hope It comes tommower
Test Subject
#82 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:31 PM
Juno, I'd still recommend backing up your files. I had to uninstall and reinstall Nightlife when I first got it---I didn't back up my files and lost all my sims as well as my custom content. Frankly, it's not so much the custom content I'd hate to lose, but my sims and all the generations that led to my current sims.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:32 PM
Am I ready for Seasons?

Not until after I get Pets, lol. Hopefully by that time, EA/Maxis will have worked on any bugs that might pop up.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:37 PM
Sadly, no. I have 14,700 something downloads that I need to sift through. Plus, my dad won't let me play sims until I do something he's asked me to do numerous times. Blah.

Mentally I'm ready though! :D

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Test Subject
#85 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:06 AM
I'm doing a good Downloads cleaning and defragmenting my laptop...taking University out as well.

I'm seriously considering upgrading to 2 gigabytes of RAM to allow room for more than a couple of expansions at a time.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:37 AM
Yes yes yes I'm ready! And I just got the call from Eris (sp?) from GameStop (lol, Eris is their automated system!) saying that it should be in tomorrow afternoon! OMG YAY!

Edit:

I was at 2 GB of downloads and am now down to 688 MB. I got rid of a LOT of stuff, including alot of hair and makeups... skintones I never used, etc. I don't know if I'll *love* the change, but oh well. *shrug* I also got rid of all my hacks. And that's a hard thing for me to do. *lol*
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:45 AM
Yep I'm ready to.. I cut my downloads folder down to half of what it was so now its only 185mb.. I defragmented my computer which never really helps me.. I did a disk cleanup.. got rid of any spyware or adware or whatever it is.. made a copy of my neighborhood that I made myself.. made copy of my music folder and downloads folder.. Now all I have to do is wait!

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

#88 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:41 AM
never backed up for every other expansion so no need to start now, never had any problems and there is no logical reason why there would be
Field Researcher
#89 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:07 PM
I will get ready for it today. Deleting CC - hacks and mods at least.. defragmenting and stuff

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
#90 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:14 PM
Junowater, I never had any problems either and am very careful and picky about my downloads like yourself. .But I inexplicably lost all my neighborhoods once, shortly after installing a new expansion. After reinstalling the expansion, I can't tell you how happy I was to have the Pre Expansion Back-up copy that I had made. Better safe then sorry, and it only takes a few minutes to make a back-up.

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1105148
#91 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:16 PM
Quote:
Sadly, no. I have 14,700 something downloads that I need to sift through. Plus, my dad won't let me play sims until I do something he's asked me to do numerous times. Blah.

Mentally I'm ready though!

Holy Bejaysurs --- 14,700??? It must take a week to load your game! Ive deleted all my cc recently but I've redownloaded all the essentials, but Im gonna go through it all again and delete all the stuff I dont need like snowy trees/terrain and harvestable crops - awesome as they are - they just won't be needed. Woo only 2 days left!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:58 PM
I'm almost ready... I still need to do some defragmenting, and take my 'triplets & quads' hack out...
#93 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonesy666gurl
Holy Bejaysurs --- 14,700??? It must take a week to load your game! Ive deleted all my cc recently but I've redownloaded all the essentials, but Im gonna go through it all again and delete all the stuff I dont need like snowy trees/terrain and harvestable crops - awesome as they are - they just won't be needed. Woo only 2 days left!

Hehe, you think that's a lot? How does 31,000 grab you?

I think I've done okay, was at 11GB's of download folder at one point, now I'm down to 9.22GB. I've deleted a lot of stuff and my games beginning to feel less cluttered now...hehe. I've finished deleting for the time being. I've just decided not to download anymore cc unless it's exceptionally good.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 4:41 PM
Fortunately (well, depending on how you look at it, I guess) I won't be getting Seasons until late May, most likely (when I'm on break and go back to my job), which gives me plenty of time to get ready (and wait for Insim and Inteen to come out... I can't live without those. Can. Not.) so I've got plenty of time to clean out what I don't want to keep. I'm on my laptop right now (I'm in class >_>) so I can't check my download folder size, but I'm guessing it's pushing 6 GB. And my computer's not even that great. Takes the game about 15-20 minutes to load (including getting into my 5x5 legacy lot)
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:04 PM
I'm.. so.. sad...

I was going to go out tomorrow and pick up Seasons. But in my neck of the woods we are supposed to get 12-20 inches of snow between tonight and Saturday.

The best part, there are supposed to be blizzard conditions and zero visibility on Thrusday afternoon and evening, when I was going to get Seasons!!!!!

Looks like it might be the EA downloader for me after all.
#96 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angelkins
I'm.. so.. sad...

I was going to go out tomorrow and pick up Seasons. But in my neck of the woods we are supposed to get 12-20 inches of snow between tonight and Saturday.

The best part, there are supposed to be blizzard conditions and zero visibility on Thrusday afternoon and evening, when I was going to get Seasons!!!!!

Looks like it might be the EA downloader for me after all.

I love snow. If I had to choose between lots of snow and seasons...dare I say...I'd choose snow (as long as I got seasons pretty soon after) :agree:
#97 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:02 PM
to tell you the truth, i havnt played the sims in ages so it doesnt matter (ive been waiting for seasons to start up agian), though i could understand if you have alot of sims and done alot with them
Page 4 of 4