Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:00 AM
Default The Garden club and the invisible fire
I have only gotten one sim to get a wishing well from the garden club and I wanted another sim to get one. It's an elderly couple in a big mansion of a house that I've built up over the years and several generations have lived there. Well both the husband and wife have gold gardening badges and they had a very nice garden in their greenhouse with exceptional landscaping around the house (if I say so myself). So when the wife called up the garden club to inspect it the first thing the garden club president said was "oh there's an emergency on your lot, it's not a good time to inspect your garden." So they inspectors left. There was no emergency. I tried to get the garden club to try again and they were like "there hasn't been enough time for your garden to grow, we're not going to inspect it now" - something like that.

So then I try to find this "emergency" she speaks of. So I put a fire alarm outside and it started wailing. The fireman came and stood around his truck (because he didn't see any fire). He eventually left and said be more careful, but he was back in seconds because the fire alarm was still wailing.

The season is spring - so I don't believe there is any of that summer random combustion going on. There is nothing visible on fire, and I have full access to the buy and build mode buttons too. Though, the house is old, it has been through several generations and several seasons and it does have a history of random combustions (inside the house though, not outside). Anybody have any idea what's going on here?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:05 AM
Sometimes a tree will catch fire and the fire will not go underground instead of going out completely (The Climbing Ivy Tree, The Bonsai and the Breadfruit Tree are especially prone to this glitch for some reason). Turn on the move objects cheat. Delete your trees one at a time, every time you delete a tree scroll over where it was, if there is an underground fire you should be able to pick up the fire and delete it. Repeat this for every tree on the lot.

I have heard the FFS Batbox Lot Debugger from MATY can help as well.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arelenriel
I have heard the FFS Batbox Lot Debugger from MATY can help as well.

This!

I use this a lot whe dealing with buggy downloads or the inevitable glitch from EA's convoluted programming, and it is probably the one item everyone should have.

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.