Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:10 AM
Default What would you like to see in Seasons?
I would like to see picnics like the ones that came in hot date. And also that podium where you can rent a toy boat and drive it in the lake, that would be fun! Anybody else got any ideas? P.S. I will forward this post to EA Games and see if they like what they see

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:06 AM
Kite flying, that would be fun :D

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:09 AM
Sledding! It'd be fun to have a community lot with a big hill for sims to sled on. ^^ Maybe skiing and snowboarding, too.
#4 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:14 AM
Suntans!! Haha!
More pool stuff, Tree houses, Snow blizzards!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yagami-Sama
Kite flying, that would be fun :D

Kiteflying came out in Family Fun or Open For Business.

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:42 PM
I do hope they have a vacation element (purchasing a holiday home and RENTING it out for money) For example, the Pleasant's own a shalet in vacation island and the Brokes want to go on holiday so the Pleasants offer the home for three days and the Brokes pay. (Also could choose own rate or maybe let friends go free?) I would love this! ^-^
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:46 PM
Wasn't there an option for picnic that came with nightlife?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:59 PM
Ice/Figure skating would be cool, along with other sports. Especially if you earn skills for them, or have to earn special skills to be good at them (ala superstar).

I love extreme weather, but I wouldn't want it to destroy my sims' houses or so. Nevertheless, I do want different types of the same weather. Say, one time it can snow very lightly, but another time it's close to a snowstorm.

And adults get days off for work already.. the kids should get days off for school this time, when the weather's too rough.

Apart from that, I want farming back. I guess we'll never get our farm animals, but I liked being able to grow your own vegetables.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#9 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:47 PM
Default What do I want to see in the Four Seasons EP?
A Frankie Valli cameo!
#10 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:49 PM
When Kids make snowmen, disobedient dogs should be able to destroy it :D.
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:51 PM
I'd like to see interactions with pets. So basically, pets can intereact in special new ways with the themes of this pack.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:08 PM
Baseball games where you can drink beer or eat an sno cone to stay cool. Football games that get rained or. Sled races in the snow. Drinking hot cocoa in front of the fire while it snows outside.

And Yes! Different amounts of weather, light snow to blizzards, a drizzle making sims hair frizz to down pours that wash out roads (can't go to that comm lot, the road is washed out) make the roof leak.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:15 AM
Mutantbunny, those are good ideas. Especially the drinking beer & hot cocoa.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wil-Redfern
Kiteflying came out in Family Fun or Open For Business.

Well I haven't got family fun, so I didn't know that.....I will have at christams though :D

New vehicles would be good.....Like those quad bikes or those things you drive on snow (can't remember what they're called) that look like quad bikes but with skiis instead of front wheels.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:09 AM
- I like to see: all 4 seasons, pets and kids and toddlers play with/in snow, make a snowman, when it's raining car can become dirty (come to think, none of my cars ever become dirty,...), and ofcourse diferent cars that can go along with the weather.
- Vacation: so sims can go to the beach for a few days, when it is sunny,...
-sims can rent a boat they can sit in and row (I hope this is the corect word) around a lake themselve or hire someone to do rowing for them...
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 4:20 PM
I'd like to see Sims camping (in the summer of course).
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 4:35 PM
I hope sims actually interact with the weather and not act like it doesn't exist. That would defeat the purpose of the game! LOL I also want extreme weather but it should only destroy parts of your house or lawn not your whole house. I do love the fact that you'll have to wear certain types of clothing for each season though this will seriously affect custom clothes. Hopefully, vacation homes come back since they told us they would be in the base game in the early stages of TS2 but they never showed up and Maxis never talked about them again. Sports would be ultra cool and maybe a new aspiration would be nice too.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 4:49 PM
I definitely want sims to be able to get sunbathe and get suntans! hehe. Worried that would only work with yucky maxis skins and not my pretty custom ones though Maybe mods could help find a way round it?!

I also can't wait to see weather, with snow and snowball fights and building snowmen and making snow angels and ice skating outdoors! I love snow!

Growing your own food as suggested by Dorka would be cool too.

I wasn't looking forward to this EP at all when I first heard about it, but now thinking about the things that could be included, it might not be too bad!
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 6:27 PM
Okay.. As dorky as this sounds... Umbrellas! Heh. If anyone has played Shemue, they've seen all the towns/city folk pull out their umbrella when it starts to rain/snow. It'd be awesome of something like that was an option in game! *^^*
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 7:47 PM
I would like to see seasons like Christmas in the winter and halloween in fall. Also, make Halloween and Thanksgiving possible. Like having your sims go trick -or -treating8
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 11:44 PM
I doubt that would happen, as they are both American holidays. Maxis, for all its faults, do try and keep the game international.

They've also done Christmas in the Holidays packs, so it won't happen in this one.

Personally, I would HATE if they forced Xmas in the winter. For me, its not Xmas unless its 40 degrees outside and my family is having a full Christmas turkey (crazy English relatives) and we spend the night in the pool.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 11:58 PM
See, it's things like the holidays in each country that should be 'Stuff Packs'. I'd buy a stuff pack that would enable US holidays for my sims....If it WORKED, no bugs, no glitches, etc.....
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:38 AM
I actually also want new jobs in the game, that are only available during 1 season. For example: snow-cleaner: your sims could take a job in the winter to 'clean all the snow off the roads', and at the end of the winter your sims gets fired (or something) and will need to find another job, since there is no snow left...
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 12:53 PM
As many sports as possible!
EA keep saying that watching your sim play sport would be boring as you're not taking part but they play bolwing, don't they? And chess. It would be cool watching the progression from bad footballer to good footballer (so the bad footballer keeps falling over etc). Maybe with the occassional internal option (e.g. a chess like 'cheat' where the sim falls over to try and get a penalty.
Better if once the game got above two players (in a bigger game e.g. volleyball or football rather than, say, tennis) that if one exits the game (i.e. if five players are playing and it goes down to four) the game continues with whose left and only ends when either the game is 'won', or all the players exit.

Basically more fun things to do together and outside
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren
I doubt that would happen, as they are both American holidays. Maxis, for all its faults, do try and keep the game international.

Last time I checked, Halloween was universal. And Canada has a Thanksgiving, though like its army, no one takes it seriously.
Page 1 of 3