Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:18 AM
Default Petition for Seasons read inside please...
I am starting a petition for everybody to please sign. When Pets was released, the CD version came out in America and DVD in europe and so on. Many people in Europe don't have valid DVD drives. So this petition will be sent to EA Games, Maxis to say that only the CD version be released everywhere in the world, as the DVD version caused problems not just for me but to many more people too. Anybody want to sign?

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:18 AM
Yes I will! I'm having exactly the same problem! I spent days searching stores for a CD version, only to be disappointed again and again.

I cannot download the EPs, and I also can't buy a DVD drive for the people who now want to say "just buy a DVD drive, it's cheap anyway."

So I'll fully support you with this petition.. I didn't even know there were more people having my problem.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:59 AM
It depends. Do you mean ONLY the CD version? Because I'm perfectly happy with my DVD version. Speeds it up incredibly. I do think it's a good idea to have the option available though.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
It depends. Do you mean ONLY the CD version? Because I'm perfectly happy with my DVD version. Speeds it up incredibly. I do think it's a good idea to have the option available though.

Well, I'm sure they mean both CD and DVD version available. Here in Europe, we only have the DVD versions, with no other way of getting the game. ]: Which is a bit of a mean thing to do I think.. When I visited stores I heard that many children had been forced to return the game. Games should be available for everyone.

After all, there was a CD version in America. And Asia too I think? Then why wasn't Europe allowed to get it? ]:

It's great that DVD makes things easier.. but it's simply not fair to release the game and first couple of EPs on CD and DVD, and then suddenly stop selling CDs.

#5 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:08 AM
I have a DVD drive, But I'll sign for the other people!

Kayli
#6 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:14 AM
I'll sign. I have a DVD drive, but I still think it's ridiculous.

Are Europeans inferior to Americans or something?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThePolygotNerd
I'll sign. I have a DVD drive, but I still think it's ridiculous.

Are Europeans inferior to Americans or something?

In this case, they think we, Europeans, are superiors to Americans because ''we all have DVD drives''

I'll sign this because if America has, It doesn't make sense that Europe hasn't CD version.

But, I think its time to you start thinking in buying a DVD drive lol You can buy one by 25€ (At least, its the price of a Samsung or LG drive here, the cheapest) if its too expensive in your country, try to buy one via internet from Spain, Portugal, Greece, what else.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:40 PM
I am happy with my DVD one but I'll sign because it makes me annoied that a lot of my mates don't get to experience the game and although people think it's easy to get a new DVD drive, it isn't. By the time you've brought one you have no money for the expansion anyway!
I'm in! :P
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:51 PM
Lol, I got Pets on DVD, but was scared that my DVD drive wouldn't work. It's been acting up lately. I think it would be nice to have a choice, not everyone has both and I think it's not so nice to have to buy a DVD drive just so you could play sims.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:55 PM
I'll sign too! It kinda annoys me, as I have the DVD version of Pets too. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes until the computer allows me to eject the game after having played! Don't know why that happens! X(
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cory_g
I'll sign too! It kinda annoys me, as I have the DVD version of Pets too. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes until the computer allows me to eject the game after having played! Don't know why that happens! X(

Is your drive a LG one?? If yes, welcome to the group! =D (I have that problem also..)
#12 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 5:05 PM
well now i have a new dvd drive and it works fine there is little point me signing it right? would kinda be a waste of money if next time i get a cd version
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:49 PM
I'll sign too. I have a dvd drive, and prefer dvds to cds, but like someone said, there should be a choice.

For you europeans who can't get pets-- have you thought about buying the american version off ebay or amazon or something?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SHADEAUSTAR
I'll sign too. I have a dvd drive, and prefer dvds to cds, but like someone said, there should be a choice.

For you europeans who can't get pets-- have you thought about buying the american version off ebay or amazon or something?

And it has European languages?
Stupid people are stupid
#15 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
And it has European languages?

Yes of course, you can choose the language. You can use japanese instead of portugese if you want to...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Yes of course, you can choose the language. You can use japanese instead of portugese if you want to...

So if It is, its a nice deal buy it in Amazon or Ebay, if you want a CD version. And if it has European languages, even more greater, it will be better in price/languages.
#17 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
So if It is, its a nice deal buy it in Amazon or Ebay, if you want a CD version. And if it has European languages, even more greater, it will be better in price/languages.

yeah especially if your from the UK as the exchange rate is really high, it will be a really good price. Its like 1.9 or something so its almost half of what you will have to pay in the UK

You just have to check whether it will work on an European Computer

Oh and i'm in on the petition
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:11 PM
I have to say that I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble of ordering the game from America. What if you get the DVD version anyway? Would be a lot of hassle (and perhaps even more expensive?) to return it all the way to America. I'm seriously scared of this happening now, after ordering it elsewhere and getting the DVD version nevertheless. ]:

Btw.. Amazon: "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S."

And what about the children who can't/ are not allowed to order things online? They wouldn't be able to get the game, no matter how dearly they wanted it. Europeans should have the same choice as Americans.

It wouldn't surprise me if some people are forced to get their games illegally this way. :/

Glad many DVD people (ehehe) decided to join the petition anyway, very very kind of you! <3 I'm really hoping that EA will listen! (although I'm scared they won't ]: )

Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:35 PM
I'll sign the petition. I'm in the U.S., but I got the DVD version of the base game and it didn't work in my DVD drive, so I know how frustrating that can be, and it would be even worse if that was your only option.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 1:03 AM
I’ll sign too. Where I live they released only a DVD version so I had to buy a DVD drive especially for it.
While I like the DVD version more I think that both versions should be available everywhere.

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 5:39 PM
I don't think American CD version had all European languages, there is already a fight on some forums between USA an England gamers on the English language used, that is why you had English on the European version. I live in Canada and play my game in french, which I receive one month later, because I can't buy it from France.
The original Sims2 was issued in DVD and CD in north America. I agree with you in Europe it should be issued on CD, why changing the format in the middle of the games. But I get a DVD drive since I get a PC about 10 years ago.
Bye and au revoir
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:22 AM
Default Whateve
I live in america, and got the CD version but was mad because i have a dvd drive and didn't get the dvd version, it is still unfair though that only the DVD version was released in Europe! I mean not everyone has a computer with a DVD drive!
:mob
#23 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 1:55 AM
I'll sign/

how are you getting this to them?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:44 PM
Actually, with the US version during the installation you can only pick between English and Spanish, but you can change it to any language the sims comes in after the game is installed by using regedit to edit the registry.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 11:44 AM
In australia or at least western australia only the base game came as a dvd. I wish the other expansion packs came as a dvd. But I will sign this petition as I believe we should be able to choose between the two. Some of us had dvd drives and some of us don't. So we shoudl be able to have the choice anywhere where we live in the world.
Page 1 of 2