Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 8:53 PM
So far I'm lovin' the expansion pack..but I really don't like the limited amount of things you can grow. Where are the carrots? Lettuce? Potatoes? Corn? But other than that, I'm really loving this expansion pack. And the best part is it hasn't messed up anything in my game.

EDIT: Oh, and, the berries and stuff from TS1. I miss those, too.
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:15 PM
has anyone figured out the makeup (lipstick) for the plant people?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#153 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:30 PM
the whole missing ages for plant people drives me crazy and that they are all stuck with the same hair
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:20 AM
My sims don't choose the quickest, or most logical path to get to things anymore and the way they choose seems to be set in stone.

Heres an example:

I had a family living in 95 Woodland Drive in Pleasantview. I'm sure you all know it. Anyway, I had just re-decorated one of the rooms, which was my sim's bedroom. To check the roomscore I sent one of my sims (I'd sent them all outside) into the room. This is the path she took (I've removed all furnature and stuff):

She took the same path when I told her to go back outside.

This is driving me crazy! The same thing happens in some of the big houses I have made. I always make sure theres a bathroom closeby, but the sims seem to think its clever to go round the other side of the and house across the first floor to get to the bathroom door thats just around the corner!

They don't seem capable of changing direction either. If something happens to be in the way, say someone built a snowman there, or theres a table there or a sim doing something that won't move, the sims no longer find a different way to where they were going, they just stamp their feet as though you've just built a brick wall in front of them or something.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
#155 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 3:56 AM
Oh I had that not choosing the quickest path. I had one that would always go out the front door all the way around the yard to go in the back door to get to the kitchen o.O

Anyways another thing with Seasons and I looked and couldn't see if some one posted it, but there is no outerwear for pregnant women (and preggers men I am sure too). I realize that when a woman is preggers she generates a lot of heat.. but not enough to go out in shin deep snow O.o
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
Oh I had that not choosing the quickest path. I had one that would always go out the front door all the way around the yard to go in the back door to get to the kitchen o.O

Glad (well not really, it shouldn't be there to begin with) to hear someone else had the problem too....I reall hate it because it means I have to build or rebuild houses so that there is only one route they can go....It's so bad in the Grunt house in Strangetown that I've stopped playing that house and I really liked that family too.

Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
Anyways another thing with Seasons and I looked and couldn't see if some one posted it, but there is no outerwear for pregnant women (and preggers men I am sure too). I realize that when a woman is preggers she generates a lot of heat.. but not enough to go out in shin deep snow O.o

Yeah that would have been a good idea. I didn't actually notice they didn't have any until my sims had their second set of twins (had more comfortable furnature by then, so my preggy sim could actually do things). Wouldn't pregnant sims be more likely to need a coat?

Test Subject
#157 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 1:57 AM
I haven't played much lately (I've been in building mode) but one thing is annoying me. Playing in a lot the season changed from summer to autumn and when I went back to the neighbourhood view all the trees went haywire. It's like the game has duplicated every single tree I placed and made them permanent. Some are even stuck in the middle of the roads. Normally it wouldn't bother me too much, but I want to re-arrange and add some new lots in but these trees won't let me put down a lot anywhere near them! AAARRGH!!! Every other type of neighbourhood decoration works normally it's just the trees that are affected. Anyone else suffering this?

*Edit* I found that any lot with the Japanese maple will cause those trees to end up in the middle of the roads and makes it impossible to place lots side by side. Removing them from the lot fixes it but the neighbourhood trees are definitely wonky.

*Edit Edit* I know Maxis made time stand still so you wouldn't miss out on important events at home, but to have a Sim leave home in the middle of winter to arrive at their shop in the middle of a blazing Summer seems silly. Apart from these minor annoyances I think Seasons is rapidly becoming my new favourite expansion.
#158 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 6:35 AM
I keep getting the thing with the trees in the middle of the road too! I thought it was my game being buggy cause i have a d/l that is not agreeing and I can't find it to get it out.
But yeah then you can't get rid of the trees that have shifted to the middle of the road.. really sucks!
#159 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 2:37 PM
The only thing I don't like is the the "it's raining!" or "it's snowing" interactions that sims do. Other then that it's perfect in my eyes.
#160 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 10:31 AM
-Someone already pointed it out but I wish they added more interactions for the toddlers and kids.
-It may be me but it seems that they freeze too soon. :confused: I haven't played summer yet but I assume they overheat quick too.
-And of course, the 'It's snowing!' 'It's raining!' thing.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craptastic
So far I'm lovin' the expansion pack..but I really don't like the limited amount of things you can grow. Where are the carrots? Lettuce? Potatoes? Corn? But other than that, I'm really loving this expansion pack. And the best part is it hasn't messed up anything in my game.

EDIT: Oh, and, the berries and stuff from TS1. I miss those, too.

right! i wish we could make nectar again, but this time have the sims get a little toasted.
#162 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:21 PM
The "It's raining!" and "It's snowing!" things don't really bother me...well...I guess you could say when it snows/rains I actually go look too.
Top Secret Researcher
#163 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:25 PM
This is by far my second fav. EP, behind NL and in front of OFB. I really don't hate anything about this EP, I just don't like a few things:

-The imfamous "It's raining!/snowing!"
-I think temp should impact sims inside their house, just not outside. Then, the fireplace would actually serve a better purpose than catching things on fire and their coudl be air conditioning and heaters.
-The limited amount of foods to grow
-I really thought EA/Maxis would put in the recipe system from the console version. That was the only reason why I played the console version and for the Creativity Aspiration

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:31 PM
The "It's raining" thing can be annoying when it starts on a community lot and every single sim present races to the same window to watch the rain. Hilarity ensumes when the said window is at narrow spot behind a counter or something.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 2:14 AM
Water balloon fights and games of catch. Enough said, though the same can be said about pillow fights and dancing on toes in other EPs, so it's not really specific to this EP. Just annoying autonomous "play" actions in general! Good thing I got the MATY hacks.

Gardening! I hate how beginning gardeners have such a freaking hard time keeping the plants above "sickly". I had a Sim weed, water, fertilize, and all that jazz constantly and none of the things would go above "sickly". Only Plant Sims so far can actually garden worth a d**n, but they aren't exactly common.

Like some of you, I also noticed that my Sims are not as logical in the way they choose their routes. This is an especially annoying problem in the enormous mansion I'm playing right now...

And I agree with Lauren on not being able to set the makeup like you set the hair: for each outfit. Wearing makeup to bed or the pool just doesn't look right.

These are all pretty small issues, though--this is still my favorite EP.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 3:17 PM
I am pretty much in love with this expansion pack, but there are some things i hate. For example, the flawed temperature system. While it is a pretty good idea, Sims are, I suppose, literally numb. They cannot feel hott or cold. They are opt to stay outside in their pajamas building a snowman for HOURS, and then they freeze. And sims who stay in a hot tub for more than 10 seconds on a hot summer day? You can forget about ever seeing those suckers again. The temperature system is way too sensitive, and sims are way to dumb in regards to it because they completely disregard it like it doesn't even exist.

Another thing I dislike is how plant sims are only toddlers for 4 days, then they turn into adults. What the heck is up with that?!? I know they're a foreign alien species, but still.... whenevr I have a toddler plantsim, i almost always prolong their life stage with the insiminator.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 12:06 AM
I just noticed something else that really bothers me.....I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but after about two sim weeks my sims (no matter what aspiration) start rolling wants like go on a date, kiss someone, flirt with someone. I don't remember that happening before and its starting to annoy me alot.

Test Subject
#168 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yagami-Sama
I just noticed something else that really bothers me.....I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but after about two sim weeks my sims (no matter what aspiration) start rolling wants like go on a date, kiss someone, flirt with someone. I don't remember that happening before and its starting to annoy me alot.

I think that happens during spring...they get love related wants
#169 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 7:51 PM
The only thing I don't like about this ep is that I have to overload my lots with water just so my sims can fish. All of my sims have small to medium-sized lots, and if I want them to fish I have to cover up a lot of the land with water. I thought you needed a pond to fish, and not a huge lake.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 3:05 PM
When it's day time and you have vampire Sims in a house, it starts raining or snowing etc, they walk outside in broad daylight and say 'Hey, it's raining/snowing'. They burn and die (or near death exeriences).

Also when it's hailing outside and you place a new object outside, for example a greenhouse, despite the fact it's ailing outside they still go 'What's this?' and end up getting killed by being pelted by hailstone..

--SO ANNOYING, but apart from those little things the game is amazing!

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#171 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:39 PM
I hate the thunder storms. I have a real phobia of thunder storms and i nearly cra@ed my pants when it first happened
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:45 PM
Oh, I don't mind the storms, or the balloon fights etc. What I do hate is when planting a farm, the silly little things don't go logically up the row - they randomise it, and don't stick to one line. I want all my tomatoes in a line, all my eggplants in a line, all my strawberries in a line. I have tried to devise the many ways in which I can get them to work in a line, when you click "plant many" but just can't do it.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calalily
Oh, I don't mind the storms, or the balloon fights etc. What I do hate is when planting a farm, the silly little things don't go logically up the row - they randomise it, and don't stick to one line. I want all my tomatoes in a line, all my eggplants in a line, all my strawberries in a line. I have tried to devise the many ways in which I can get them to work in a line, when you click "plant many" but just can't do it.

What I do is just place the gardening plots a row at a time, then instruct the person to plant whatever. Then place the next row etc etc. I find it annoying that they don't do it in rows too. Its the only way I can keep track of whats on each plot without having to hover over each plant to see what it is.

Either that or I just click each plot and plant them individually. It all depends how much of each I am wanting to plant.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Page 7 of 7