Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 3:29 AM
Default Freezing Sim
I have been unable to freeze my Sim, despite my best efforts. I have left him out in the snow in his underwear (asleep on his feet) overnight, and although all of his needs are completely depleted and his thermometer is blue, he will not freeze! I downloaded in the Simmometer and his temp, it seems, never drops below -84 and apparently the point of frostbite is -100.

Has anyone else had this happen? I did try it with another Sim and he wouldn't go below -84 either. I took out my download folder on the off-chance it was some sort of conflict, but that didn't help.

I'm stumped! I want my Sim to freeze!! Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 4:06 PM
Maybe they need to be doing something that cools them even further once they get that cold?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 7:52 PM
It may be a conflict...hmm, try to make snowmans. Two of them. They make my Sim's freeze up fast.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 7:57 PM
Snow angels also make 'em cold real fast.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:36 PM
I've done the snowmen and snow angels, and also tried a snowball fight because I'd heard that made them very cold. I even had him stand outside drinking lemonade!! So weird...
#6 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:24 PM
I was playing earlier tonight and for reasons best known to themselves my sims decided that they had to keep sneaking off when I wasn't looking to play with the water wiggler toy in the garden. This was despite the fact that the snow was so deep you could barely see the thing! If I lost a sim I would find him or her stripped down to their swimming gear leaping through the ice cold water. Eventually the father managed to sneak back long enough for him to freeze solid before I noticed. There was a creaking noise, he iced up, then fell over in the deep snow. He had an option to thaw out or words to that effect so I sent his wife out and she produced a hair dryer of all things and proceeded to blow the hot air over him until he could move again!

So, if all else fails, try a water wiggler!
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:38 AM
Okay, I tried the water wiggler. Didn't work!! Something is definitely messed up. I went and tried it in my other computer, as well. No go. Just out of curiosity, has anyone who has actually had their Sim freeze have the Seasons patch installed?
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:31 PM
Maybe it just wasn't a very cold night the times you tried. In what season did you try? And was it all in one night?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

#9 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agent4043
Okay, I tried the water wiggler. Didn't work!! Something is definitely messed up. I went and tried it in my other computer, as well. No go. Just out of curiosity, has anyone who has actually had their Sim freeze have the Seasons patch installed?

I checked my game to be sure and I have the Seasons patch installed.
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 8:56 PM
I think I've solved the problem. I had been using Paladin's Weather Controller to make it snow in winter on that lot. The lot where I was trying to freeze the Sim was currently in winter, but it had not snowed yet. So I used the controller to make it snow. I had not tried to make a Sim freeze prior to using the controller.

To test my theory, I went onto another lot where it was also winter and was already (naturally) snowing, and my Sim froze fine. So the weather controller must do something to the lot... Good to know.

Even after stopping the weather and removing the controller, the Sims are still affected on that lot. Which might explain why removing the download folder didn't make a difference...

Thanks for all the suggestions! I figured it had to be some sort of weird conflict.
#11 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 12:28 AM
lol why do you want to freeze him? =(