Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 8th May 2009 at 8:22 AM
I've been going through these threads more than any of the threads in the picture forums because I'm fascinated and amazed by what people do here. All these pics are so inspiring.

I can't be bothered with Sim City so I grabbed the "sample" template and finally used Hoodreplace to alter the landscape.

This is what it looked like before. All my mostly played buildings were tucked into one block in a corner.

Here is SimTopi now, and I'm pleased. This layout makes more sense for my city.

I now have a "bad end" of town.

I included this shot as more of a tribute to Criquette and all the awesome work he does. It's just the "modest" embankment, but for some reason having it in my hood makes me really happy. :D

It's a work in progress. I have more room for more lots now. Wheee!
Advertisement
#102 Old 8th May 2009 at 9:15 AM
Embankments for teh win!

Great pictures everyone! (Still haven't got much to contribute with myself)
#103 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:53 PM
All these amazing hoods!

I'm still yet to use those embankments but they make the hood look so realistic!

I love that grass replacement too. I wasn't even aware that such a thing existed but thank you for the link, Kayleigh83.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:12 PM
Oooh gorgeous hood blackdaisies! I love it!! I can see you like playing apartments! :D
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:19 PM
hehe, thanks. Yes, I love playing apartments. Except I'm really weird that I build or download places and just plop one playable family in it. I've yet to fill an apartment with playables.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:16 PM
Your neighbourhood looks absolutely amazing, blackdaisies!

LJ
Field Researcher
#107 Old 16th May 2009 at 5:59 PM
blackdaisies, I agree with all the others that neighborhood is so pretty.
kayleigh83 I like your town. Looks very peaceful.
Penguindude I like the wild forest.

Here is downtown Hansburg. Hansburg is just a quiet little town.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 23rd May 2009 at 2:41 AM
Warrow in it's early stages of rebuilding.

Field Researcher
#109 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:25 AM
Absolutely beautiful, Wozo.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 23rd May 2009 at 2:50 PM
Dozo- Warrow is just amazing! I love the roads. May I ask where did you get them?
Test Subject
#111 Old 24th May 2009 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Shrewsbury333 : 24th May 2009 at 1:13 AM.
This is another neigh im doing building by building :D

Is not finnished yet

By the way... THIS NEW FORUM SKIN IS HORRIBLE! :S
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 24th May 2009 at 2:04 PM
shrewsbury, it looks amazing so far, can't wait till it's completed.
Test Subject
#113 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:20 PM
Hello, guys
Great pics every one! I'm still around here. I even played TS2 last night, and have some pics to show

Oh, if someone still intrested in these telegraph poles, here they are
Field Researcher
#114 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:27 PM Last edited by Aled : 24th May 2009 at 5:03 PM.
Criquette, that's a really realistic neighborhood
May I ask how you get the water turn gray-ish in color?

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Test Subject
#115 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aled
Criquette, that's really a realistic neighborhood
May I ask how you get the water turn gray-ish in color?

Thank you, Aled This kind of water is possible by using this experimental decoration. Just place it a little below the water level. It will give the water dully looking effect
Field Researcher
#116 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:59 PM
TYVM, nice job.

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 24th May 2009 at 10:45 PM
Wee!! Telegraph poles!! Thanks Criquette! And I'm glaring with a microscope hoping to catch whatever you are making next O_o Thats what you get when you make cool stuff I want!

Shrewsbury - looks very cool Maybe you could make a diagonal building and add to the city. Probably not very playable, but I think it would make the town less square. Either way - awesome buildings! :D
Test Subject
#118 Old 25th May 2009 at 1:37 AM Last edited by linuslover30 : 25th May 2009 at 2:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Paradise
Shrewsbury - looks very cool Maybe you could make a diagonal building and add to the city. Probably not very playable, but I think it would make the town less square. Either way - awesome buildings! :D

Yeah, but the streets only can be straights...
Maybe in Sims 3 this thing changes... soon i going to get it :D
Test Subject
#119 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:30 AM
Paradise, thank you! I'm sure that there's nothing more that poles in those four pics

Shrewsbury, you've done it great even with orthogonal streets! I'm also looking forward to curved ones in TS3, this feature is my favourite in this upcoming game

... And i'll continue showing some pics of Dullfielde. Since this is a last TS2 'hood i'm working on (next will be TS3 i hope) i've decided to add some functional subhoods into it. First subhood is a university. Some how i've came up with some kind of a postapocalyptic concept of Dullfielde as a science town. Huge zombie problem is a fictional reality of simworld that Dullfielde is a part of. After big war against zombies, regional goverment decides to prevent zombie attack by controlling them with some kind of giant transmitters. One of these transmitters is situated in Dullfielde.

Have no idea how it actually works but it keeps zombies away from the transmitter in 300 km radius So it allows normal citizens to live as peacefull as it possible in this reality.

The subhood itself is still in progress. In addition to zombies controller, this area will also work as a research center, and some kind of educational institution where sims will be able to get their university graduation. So i'll add a couple of dorms to it

Freaky story, isn't it? :D
Typical
#120 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:33 AM
Oh wow criquette!!! That's a pretty good/freaky story.
Test Subject
#121 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:56 PM
Thanks Lewjen!

Oh, and i'm also experimenting with global horizon decoration:

I was allways annoyed by the hood borders, so i think this is a hint. It does have some limitations though, but most important thing is that it doesn't affect ingame sky. Does anybody would be intrested in the set of few horizons for different kind of terrains and landscapes/skylines?
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:15 PM
Yes YES I want it!!

I love those horizons :lovestruc Much better than the usual bright blue paint color. I'm guessing you can only have one version, right? Like a default replacement?

ok - starting my game now. I got a new hood I really like to show off. Probably look very boring next to yours Criquette :p
Field Researcher
#123 Old 28th May 2009 at 11:16 PM
Criquette: I am always amazed by what you do, and enjoy every post you make. My hoods are filled with your creations :lovestruc I love the Zombie Hood, and I would love love to have those horizon decorations :D
Test Subject
#124 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:06 AM
Paradise, thanks And.. no! You can use different versions for each hood without needing to restart the game It's not a mod that replaces the default it's just a huge deco that goes beyond the hood square There will be at least 4 variations of it for different terrain types, may be some snowy versions.. okay, okay, don't want to spoil the thread, i'll give more info in my journal
Anyerfillag, thank you! Glad that you find my stuff useful
Alchemist
#125 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:12 AM
Criquette, holy shit, that looks great! It sort of reminds me of a Spore planet. Except nicer looking, and less boring.
Page 5 of 35