Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:10 AM
Default How did you punish the Ottomas family? 8D
I made a video of all the ways to kill a sim using them. How did you punish that glitchy family of sim-like rabbits?
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:25 AM
I remade them for TS3 and forced them to live in a squalid one-bedroom house.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:42 AM
Niiice.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:09 AM
Starved Samantha (don't use moveobjects on on her when she's starved.. creepy...) Peter got eaten by the cowplant, the granny got electrocuted, the teen boy drowned and the girl got taken away.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:29 AM
8D -goes to reset neighborhoods and move Samantha after starving her-

We are cruel creators.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2010 at 11:48 AM
I remove them from the bin before I play any darned hood. In fact, I went so far as to get clean templates so that they don't get replicated anytime I want to have a new hood.
They're the ugliest, awfullest looking family that I have ever seen in the game, and I don't know why EA insisted on making them so godawful fugly-they can't be saved by any kind of CC or skin change.
Plus they're characterless. Not one ounce of inspiration from them, that's for sure!
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2010 at 11:57 AM
the curse of the eyeless and noseless twins has haunted be for far too long.

Seriously, one twin has no nose, the other has no eyes. Dx
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:38 PM
Wow! I had no idea this family was such a problem. I've never played them. What kind of glitches do they have?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Wow! I had no idea this family was such a problem. I've never played them. What kind of glitches do they have?

This is hear say, not actual first hand knowledge, but many people say the pregnancy is borked, and some people even had a dog as the father, instead of the husband.

I tried playing them a few times, and totally agree with FranH, they are boring, and characterless.
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:45 PM
I put them in my neighborhood, played them a bit, saved, boom; Riverblossom Hills wouldn't load.
My twins are just missing body parts. If i hadn't unistalled Pets, I think I'd be getting that too.
Inventor
#11 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:09 PM
The Ottomas family seriously should have come with a health warning.

They lurked in my family bin for a long time - like the Adams family only creepier because they look relatively normal - before I learned from others that the family are borked. Then I put them in an empty plot all on their own (aren't I generous?!), aged the kid up to teen and executed them by various means. They obviously weren't a close family because as soon as one of the members died, the others would cry for, like, 2 seconds and then proceed to do some skipping or kicky bag.
Retired
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:14 PM
The twins inside Pregnant Samantha Ottomas aren't assigned a father in the game's code. So when they're born, they show a random Sim from the neighbourhood (including pets and female Sims) as the father.

The whole family isn't borked, just Samantha's pregnancy. If you abort it using a mod, then they should play just fine.

Inventor
#13 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
then they should play just fine.

Yeah, but who would want to with those genes? :D
Retired
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:27 PM
Some people want a bit of realism in their games. That involves ugly people existing.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:38 PM
I killed them. Then I had one of my sims resurrect the mom.(She kept being brought home from work argh!) as a zombie, then I had the mom resurrect the other family members as zombies, then I killed them in a fire! Bwahahaha!!
They are horrendously ugly, lifeless, and dull. I still see people playing them though in challenge stories and such and I'm like 0_o.
I don't understand why anyone would play this family other than to kill them. Now that I have clean templates I don't have to see them ever again! Ha!
Inventor
#16 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Some people want a bit of realism in their games. That involves ugly people existing.

Yeah, I do too. That's why I have custom characters in my game who don't fit the norm of "beautiful" but who don't necessarily look like the Maxi's model as portrayed by the likes of the Ottomas's.
Instructor
#17 Old 30th May 2010 at 8:51 PM
I fear the Ottomas family. I have never played them because of the horror stories I've heard from people. (Though, I have to admit, having the dog as a father to those twins sounds intriguing.)

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:14 PM
It does sound intriguing.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st May 2010 at 12:49 AM
I don't want to play them because I don't feel like dealing with a toddler AND twin infants.
Scholar
#20 Old 31st May 2010 at 3:26 AM
I never play them because they just seem like another overcrowded family... with the wife cheating on a dog. Y'know, you'd think Maxis would test the family... Obviously not. I'm too lazy to get clean templates, plus I like killing sims, so each neighborhood has a bunch of Ottomas gravestones in an otherwise empty lot. After I abort the mom's pregancy, of course. I once made all of them die by flies at precisely the same time. Similarly, satellites. In another neighborhood I killed them all except for the dad in various ways, then I had the ghosts haunt him to death. Ahh, sweet revenge.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Inventor
#21 Old 31st May 2010 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I remove them from the bin before I play any darned hood.

FranH, you REALLY shouldn't do that. Apparently deleting sims directly from the sim bin using the trashcan seriously messes up your game, and is supposedly just as bad as moving occupied lots from neighborhood to neighborhood. I just found out about this myself, and have had my own game become so wrecked by this (and a few other things as well, in all fairness) that I had to do the whole re-install thing. (Even after nearly two weeks I STILL haven't finished getting back all the CC I lost, to say nothing of rebuilding all of the houses and sims.... )
Inventor
#22 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
FranH, you REALLY shouldn't do that. Apparently deleting sims directly from the sim bin using the trashcan seriously messes up your game, and is supposedly just as bad as moving occupied lots from neighborhood to neighborhood.

Yeah, which makes you wonder why EA allowed the option to delete them in the first place. Maybe a safer option would redirect to a safe haven so they're at least out of eye shot when you peruse your family bin (and never actually get into your game regardless of whether you've put them in your hood or not).

I always thought it was ok to delete premade families so long as you hadn't played them in any hoods, but who am I to know? I've certainly deleted a few families but then I've usually deleted the whole hood before even playing it.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
FranH, you REALLY shouldn't do that. Apparently deleting sims directly from the sim bin using the trashcan seriously messes up your game, and is supposedly just as bad as moving occupied lots from neighborhood to neighborhood. I just found out about this myself, and have had my own game become so wrecked by this (and a few other things as well, in all fairness) that I had to do the whole re-install thing. (Even after nearly two weeks I STILL haven't finished getting back all the CC I lost, to say nothing of rebuilding all of the houses and sims....

Well, to be truthful, I've been using clean templates of late, so the damage is very limited. I did this before I reinstalled them, but hopefully the NH's are all right. So far, so good. I've been playing the same two NH's for nearly 3 years and haven't had many problems, mostly because I've gotten almost of Pescado's useful hacks that eliminate or limit the damage stupid people like me can cause in the game.

I do have complete backups of all my neighborhoods without damage, so that if they do become corrupted, I can at least salvage them. I also have complete backups of all my CC for the last 3 years. I believe in never throwing out any CC, no matter how tempting it might be. So I burned all of it onto DVDs and CDs, 3 or 4 times over. (in fact, I might be burning onto DVD my NH"s as they are now to keep them intact. Never hurts to save what progress you have got.)
But thank you for the warning.
Inventor
#24 Old 31st May 2010 at 5:04 AM
You're welcome, just trying to help a fellow simmer out.
And I'd say that the only "stupid people" where stuff like this is concerned would be the people who DESIGNED stuff like that cursed trash-can into the game, ie, MAXIS.
Banned
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:00 AM Last edited by DeliciouslyDemonic : 31st May 2010 at 9:19 AM.
>.< Thine Ottomas Family shall feel mine rath againe to-night!

EDIT --- I starved Samantha, and moved her, and I don't see what's creepy. I think it's rather sad, even though i know she's botched. D:
Page 1 of 15