Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
Default What's Wrong With Knowledge Sims?
My Knowledge sim wants to get struck by lightning. I try to fufill my sim's wants I really do, but I don't know what to make of this. Has anyone ever encountered this? Can sims survive a lightning strike? Or should I wait for her to roll a be saved from death and put her in a hot tub during a lightning storm?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:22 PM
I always get that want with knowledge sims. Sims can survive lightning strikes.Do what ever, just save before.
Inventor
#3 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:31 PM
As long as their needs aren't low, yes they will survive.

They just want to experience everything. :lovestruc

kittens!
Typical
#4 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:33 PM
lol, I hate it when my sims roll this want! Thanks wickedblue, now I don't have to be - just have to make sure my knowledge sims' needs are always high! (always wanting to do deathly things!)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:42 PM
Thanks guys. I played for sometime without Seasons and this really caught me off guard. This knowledge is married to another knowledge sims , once she gets struck he's gonna wanna get struck!

edit- maybe they'll both roll the want at the same time and I can put them in the hot tub together during the storm, let 'em well do what they do in hottubs, it'll be electrifying.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:20 PM
I really hate the "be saved from death want" but other than that, knowledge sims are my favorite. Pleasure sims (NL) are also fun to play.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:29 PM
I had two knowledge sims. My man one rolled the "Be saved from death" want. I killed him but my female sim couldn't save him no matter how much I tried!!! She kept failing... and it was a 100/100 relationship!!!!!!

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:40 PM
lol.. Let them try it and if they die, quit without saving and restart the game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StarlightBeauty
I had two knowledge sims. My man one rolled the "Be saved from death" want. I killed him but my female sim couldn't save him no matter how much I tried!!! She kept failing... and it was a 100/100 relationship!!!!!!

How depressing!!
Inventor
#10 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue

You can say that again! My knowledge sims have a quest for experiencing things bordering on the perverse/kinky!

Needless to say I won't go into details.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
As long as their needs aren't low, yes they will survive.

And they want to experience death too! lol
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
lol.. Let them try it and if they die, quit without saving and restart the game.

I tried that 5 times in a row and that girl KEPT losing and I didn't have genie lamp or anything!

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:47 AM
I tried that 5 times in a row and that girl KEPT losing and I didn't have genie lamp or anything!
Maybe The grim reaper is cheating :o
Inventor
#14 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
You can say that again! My knowledge sims have a quest for experiencing things bordering on the perverse/kinky!

Needless to say I won't go into details.

Gah, you guys are lucky, unless someone gets abducted by aliens in the house (and the knowledge sim then becomes obsessed with extraterrestrials), then mine tend to only roll "learn to cook ___" wants, after someone else in the house has cooked it. Blah.

Why can't mine be sexual deviants or sucidal?!?

...Aaand only in The Sims can you say something like that without sounding like a complete loon.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 11:41 AM Last edited by Nalia : 27th Jul 2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: additional comment
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
My Knowledge sim wants to get struck by lightning. I try to fufill my sim's wants I really do, but I don't know what to make of this. Has anyone ever encountered this? Can sims survive a lightning strike? Or should I wait for her to roll a be saved from death and put her in a hot tub during a lightning storm?

Saved from Death want usually appears when Knowledge Sims witness the death of another Sim, or when a gossip about a Sim who recently passed away reaches to them.
On the other hand, Being struck by lightning will occur often with the coming of Autumn and the first rainning days. This is how it happens in my game -- and the majority of my population consists of Knowledge Sims.

Edit: As others said, if your Sim's needs are high enough he/she will survive the lightning.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 12:49 PM
Well, that might explain some other things. I don't have seasons, but my knowledge sims always want to meet aliens - right after they come back from being abducted - and want to meet wolves - after they've met a wolf. I'm always screaming at them, "isn't that what you just got???" So they just want it again and again, eh? Stupid sims.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:02 PM
^ I hate how they "want to play with -wolfs name-" more than likely they will probably be barked or growled at unless they are playful and go ahead and play with the wolf.

This is what wolves do in my game:
1. They appear
2. They howl.
3. They stand there, wagging their tails, wondering what to do.
4. They try to bother with my sims inside, and then the wolf constantly barks about how there is a door/arch in his way. ._.
5. They give up and dig holes... and then disappear.

btw, yukkuri shiteite ne I think so too! D:<

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amtram
Well, that might explain some other things. I don't have seasons, but my knowledge sims always want to meet aliens - right after they come back from being abducted - and want to meet wolves - after they've met a wolf. I'm always screaming at them, "isn't that what you just got???" So they just want it again and again, eh? Stupid sims.

Sims who have been abducted by aliens, when coming back, usually roll the want a member of their family or some of their friends to "Meet aliens".
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 4:16 PM
^ I hate how they "want to play with -wolfs name-" more than likely they will probably be barked or growled at unless they are playful and go ahead and play with the wolf.

This is what wolves do in my game:
1. They appear
2. They howl.
3. They stand there, wagging their tails, wondering what to do.
4. They try to bother with my sims inside, and then the wolf constantly barks about how there is a door/arch in his way. ._.
5. They give up and dig holes... and then disappear.

btw, yukkuri shiteite ne I think so too! D:<

I always get playful wolves. Go figure.

Maybe it's because I don't have any werewolves yet? Or because all my sims have "inhereted" my real-world animal whisperer trait.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Sims who have been abducted by aliens, when coming back, usually roll the want a member of their family or some of their friends to "Meet aliens".
I never had a sim abducted. Only once on my old computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yukkuri Shiteite ne
I never had a sim abducted. Only once on my old computer.

It doesn't happen that often in my 'hood either, but it does.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia

I've seen this to many time; its pretty- funny silly knowledge sims. When the dad in one of families came back from meeting aliens all the knowledge sims in the family were cheering and applauding. Their one son who was a romance sim looked so upset, poor guy probably felt like he was in a family of loons.

Thanks for info guys when she rolls the want again I'll make sure her stats are up and fufill her wish, sill thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:44 PM
Actually, it is not silly for a Knowledge Sim to want to be abducted by aliens, or rolling the want his/her friends and family members to be as well. They are so much into the science and paranormal activities their lives would be meaningless without these incidents.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:13 PM
It's said that Knowledge Sims want to know everything about everything. Never mind that there are things you should keep your nose out of.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
It's said that Knowledge Sims want to know everything about everything. Never mind that there are things you should keep your nose out of.
Not really everything. They still go OMG when they see naked sims.
Page 1 of 2