Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 12:30 PM
Holy shit! (Sorry!) No John, no! You can't do that! Why don't you listen? And Addy, I told you to be more honest! Things wouldn't go this bad if you were honest.

I must say that I feel for Eric. Yeah, he screwed it pretty well but seems like he didn't mean to make it that hard. But somehow I don't want him to end up with Adelaide, I hope John will find out what really happened.

Anyway, don't worry about the pictures, they're fine! And I hope you feel better.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 12:49 PM
You don't need to apologize for "taking so long". It is rare to see a writer update as fast as you do!
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 7:41 PM
I'm glad that you guys are lovin' the drama =D

and Neeri - the worst thing about playing in a community lot is that you dont have more control over your sims. It sucks hard because if you have the most perfect scene in mind, you have to go through a lot of trial and error to get it.

I got Adelaide to look angry and annoyed at him by throwing a glass of water after I lowered her affection bars for him. The wierd thing though, is that i didnt expect him to give her that "seriously?" reaction. But the "reactions" were the only things I could control. =/ I had to keep using the "sethour __" option to reset the time to 11am because it got so late in the game with all the trials and errors.

so hopefully that helps girl, I wish they would allow you to have the build option in community lots too so you could just move the sims, it would've made my life a lot easier.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 5:43 PM
I SOLVED IT! ;3

Ctrl + Shift + C - Cheat: BoolProp DormSpecificToolsDisabled True

Allows you to enter the "Buy Mode" when you are on a community lot with your sims. The only thing is that, it dosnt save what youve done.

Lets say you use the cheat and change tables around, and then exit the Community lot, it wont save that. BUT its great for taking pic's Cause it allows me tomove the sim's around :3

ALSO, UPDATE SOON >;(
I'm working on my Update right now, man i loaded all the pic's at the same time, and its taking like 4 min for photoshop to load them all up. All i can say is x_X
Original Poster
#55 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 11:11 AM
Chapter 14: Choices
I trudged home in the rain that night, wanting nothing more than to get into my own bed and forget the events that just happened. I was afraid that if I stayed even a moment longer at Eric’s house, John wouldn’t even attempt to hear what I needed to say to him. I felt miserable; my mind kept replaying what John had said to Eric. I didn’t understand how someone who could share a bed with me, raise another man’s daughter with me, could just turn on me without hearing my side. I shook my head thinking of how ridiculous the situation was.

When I got home, I went up the stairs to Ella’s bedroom. She was fast asleep in her crib, unaware of the tension in the house. I didn’t know where John was and wasn’t about to go finding him. After giving Ella a kiss goodnight, I went into my bedroom. It was empty, just as I thought it would be.

I sighed and took of my wet clothes, shivering as the cool air hit my aching wet body. I was so tired. It felt like whenever something went right for once, everything else turned to hell. I was about to take off my underwear when I suddenly felt my stomach churn.

Oh god, not again I thought.

I ran to the bathroom and as my knees hit the floor tiles, I threw up into the toilet. My whole body ached as my body tried to find something to bring back up. When the painful experience was over, I got up and went straight into the shower, letting the warm body soothe my soul.

It was the first night I slept alone since the honeymoon. John slept in the computer room.

The next few weeks were almost painful. John completely tried to avoid me. When he couldn’t, he’d settle for angry stares or barely audible mutterings. A few times at breakfast, I tried talking to him. But every time I tried to start a conversation, he’d stare ahead while eating his food, then get up and leave as soon as possible.

One morning, I decided I wouldn’t put up with it anymore. I cornered him just as he was about to leave for work and glared at him.

“John, you are going to talk to me, this is ridiculous already.”

“No, Adelaide. What you did was pretty ridiculous.” He snapped back angrily. “I wasn’t the one standing in my ex lovers house in only my damn underwear.”

“First off, you have some damn nerve assuming I had sex with Eric. Second off, how dare you not even give me a chance to explain mys-”

“Don’t give me that Adelaide,” he cut me off. “What are you going to tell me, that it wasn’t what it looked like? Isn’t that the most commonly used excuse?”

I felt my anger building up, and just before I was about to say something, he continued.

“You know its my fault for actually believing that our honeymoon was the start of something. I should’ve realized that it was still a sham of a marriage. Maybe I’m the one to blame for taking this all seriously, but damnit Adelaide, I would’ve liked for us to have given this marriage a shot.” He shook his head. “That can never be now.”

GODDAMIT, JOHN!,” I roared, stomping my foot. “I’m pregnant with your freaking child and you’re yelling at me for sleeping with another man-which BY THE WAY, never freaking happened! I am not going through the whole pregnancy thing alone again, you are just gonna have to get over your damn pride and this stupid notion you have that I don’t take my vows seriously enough. For heaven sakes, if I wasn’t going to be the other woman with Eric, why would I cheat on you?” I was glaring at him evilly.

John was rubbing his forehead in confusion.

“You’re pregnant?” he asked softly

“Yes, and its yours, so don’t even-”

I never got to finish my tirade because John suddenly swooped forward and grabbed me, kissing me soundly on the mouth. Stunned, I stood there and allowed him to kiss me. I almost forgot what I was angry about, when he suddenly pulled away.

I stumbled, trying to regain my balance and stared at him, completely surprised.

“What was that for?” I was breathless.

“When did you find out?” he asked, his eyes twinkling.

“I was…uh…I was at Eric’s when I passed out. I had had a feeling all day that something was up, and when I passed out in front of his house, I knew I was pregnant.”

He put his hands on my waist and pulled me close, staring at my nonexistent bump.

“So…there’s a baby in there?” He whispered.

I nodded and sighed. “John, Eric found me passed out in front of his house, and drenched from the rain and in fear of me catching pneumonia, he bought me in, and let me rest in his bed. He said I was acting delusional, and that he got scared. I swear to you though, that nothing happened between us.”

He pulled me close. “Lets just put it behind us, Adelaide. I didnt know what to think when I saw you two, both in your under garments. Forgive me for even thinking you would cheat.” I felt him gulp.

I just hugged him tighter, fighting back tears of happiness. I was so afraid of what his reaction to the pregnancy news would have been. As I felt his arms around me tighten, I knew telling him had been the right thing to do.

“Adelaide, did you tell Eric about Ella?”

I looked at him and shook my head slowly. “I couldn’t, he was so focused on raising his daughter, Adele. I didn’t want to add more burden. He’s a single father now.”

He nodded, “well if you think that’s best, then I will support your decision. But I think he has a right to know…eventually.”

“I know,” I sighed. “But now is not the time, he’s just got so much on his plate. I don’t think he can handle the news.”

He stroked my cheek and stared into my eyes.

“I cant believe I’m going to be a father, Addy…”

I smiled at him. “Well you have a while to get used to the idea.”

He chuckled and leaned into kiss me gently.

“I promise to take good care of you, my love. I promise that we’ll be the happiest family and Ella will have all the love she possibly can.” He whispered hoarsely.

I smiled at him with tears brimming my eyes.

“I love you, John.”

When I saw the surprise in his eyes, I regretted not saying the words sooner. He put his hands on my hips and pulled me in for a kiss, returning my feelings. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world. And in that moment, I probably was.

Chapter 15: Realization

Thank you so much for your comments, Neeri, HannahSpring, and Peachizncream -- they mean a lot to me.
#56 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:11 PM
Aww, sweet, sweet, sweet! I loved this chapter! It was written very well and I totally love the pictures! And John, too!

I'm glad that they're again together. I'm really curious about how Eric will cope with his problems and how he'll react when he finds out he has another child. Poor guy!

And one more thing: Maria (can I call you like that? ), if you need to access Buy/Build mode in the community lots, try the InSIMenator. It works perfectly fine for me.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:25 PM
;_; John is such a dork. Lovleh update, It's exactly what i needed to read after what happend to me today =/ Ugh

I love your simmies !! Keep updating!
#58 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 5:02 PM
Wooh I had some catching up to do!
Lol John is such a guy!
I'm happy things are going well for her, hope the new baby is extra-cute.
Eric had better de-cling himself from Adelaide, can't he see that he is only causing her trouble??? Gah.
Can't wait to read more Keep up the good work!
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 12:21 AM
Chapter 15: Realization

The months flew by with my pregnancy. Every morning, John would talk to my belly and give it special attention before he headed off to work. When we went to check-ups together, at the doctor’s office, John and I refused to let the doctor tell us what the sex of the child was. Since this was John’s first, he wanted it to be a complete surprise. I didn’t mind, however. I was fine with whatever was waiting to pop out of me.

Ella also sprouted from a beautiful toddler to an even more beautiful child, during my pregnancy period. Her brown hair soon turned from brown to blonde and her striking silver eyes made it very clear that she hadn’t inherited anything from me. I was sad to see her hair change colors, but in either case, she was still a gorgeous child with a lot of spunk.

She was a daddy’s girl, though. John and her had a connection so strong that even I was jealous of it sometimes. Ella grew up interested in almost a bit of everything. Her favorite was music, science and art however. Her teachers at school even phoned me several times to tell me how amazed they were with how Ella excelled each and every class she took. You could say I was a very proud mother.

When Ella’s classes were over, during the summer, she liked to help me out in my art gallery that I had finally opened. While in the store, she loved talking with the customers and telling them a little about the paintings or sculptures, they were interested in. I was pretty sure that she was the reason why I made so many sales.

When she wasn’t helping the customers in my store, she was behind the counter with me, talking to the baby through my belly. Ella loved to listen for any sounds that the baby was making. She was excited to have a sibling and didn’t bother to hide it.

One time, while bored at the gallery, she demanded that I allow her to set up her own lemonade stand outside. She was very persistent in getting what she wanted, and soon had her own stand right outside.

She felt really bad when she convinced one of my buyers to buy from her instead of me that she sent me one of her young friends, who to my absolute shock, purchased a painting costing four hundred simoleons. I tried not to be judgmental as I rung her up.

There were some nights at home while I was inputting the daily sales into my computer where Ella would come downstairs to the computer room and demand why she didn’t look like neither John or me. I never knew what to say to her, especially when she scrutinized everything I said.

“But momma, I don’t wanna be a blonde. I wanna look like daddy,” she’d screech.

And as always, I’d say, “Ella, you do look like your father.” It wasn't a complete lie. She was the very spitting image of Eric.

She’d huff at me and stomp away, thinking that I was just patronizing her and I’d spend the rest of the night miserable.

It wasn’t until I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, that I realized how special the bond between father and child was. She looked every bit like John from her striking blue eyes, to her black hair. She was his bouncing bundle of joy. We named her, Jennifer.

Late night, I would find John in her nursery, singing a lullaby to her and gently nuzzling her to him. I could tell he was in love. It was when I caught him having those special moments with Jennifer, that the regret of not telling Eric about Ella, began to eat away at me. I decided there was only one thing I could do about that to ease my conscience.

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

“Eric?”

“Adelaide?” he asked. “How is the baby?”

“Listen Eric, I need to speak to you, can you meet me at the park tomorrow,” I asked him, not bothering to answer his question.

“Uh..sure…is everything alright, Addy?” he sounded worried.

“Everything is fine, just meet me there tomorrow at noon.”

When he agreed and hung up, I wrung my hands anxiously. I didn’t know if what I was about to do was the right thing, but I knew it had to be done.

~

The next morning, I asked John to take care of Jennifer as I told him my plan to tell Eric. He was in full support and agreed to taking the day off to take care of her. I knew secretly that he’d been hoping for a full day alone with her so he could try to teach her to say “da-da”. The thought made me chuckle on my way out because she was still to young to pronounce words, but he was confident he could make her say them.

Eric met me at the park, hugging me when I drew close.

“Adelaide, motherhood sure does agree with you,” he chuckled.

I let out a laugh, “don’t tease me Eric, I know I look like shit. Its what getting up every other hour does to a woman.” I motioned him to sit down on the bench behind us.

“Why’d you want to see me, Addy? Especially at this park?” he gestured to the area around us. “This is where I first saw you, you know?”

I nodded, “I know, this place holds a lot of memories,” I smiled at him. “How is Adele?”

He looked at me as if I were crazy for bringing him out here to ask about Adele, but replied with, “fine, she’s looks more and more like Lexi everyday.” He laughed. “Its almost scary actually.”

I nodded, trying to find the words to tell him about Ella.

“So why are we here, Adelaide?”

“I need to tell you something,” I began. “And before you get upset with me, I want you to know that the reason I couldn’t tell you before is because…I didn’t want to break up your family, or burden you.”

“I feel like you’re going for the dramatics, Addy. Just tell me what’s up.” He sounded impatient and a bit scared.

“Well…Eric, we have a daughter together.” It almost came out in a whisper.

He sat there stunned. “How…when..how?” he stuttered.

“Back in Desiderata, before I left, I found out I was pregnant with your child. When I met Lexi, I knew I couldn’t tell you, so I just left.” I explained.

He looked forward for a second, blindly staring ahead of him.

“Her name is Ella,” I said to him, without looking at him. “I named her after your mother.”

He sighed and dropped his head, I could hear him breathing raggedly.

“Does she know about me?” he asked, “does she know I’m her father?”

I shook my head. “No, she grew up believing John is her father.”

“Oh,” was all he could mutter.

“Listen Eric, I didnt tell you sooner about her because you were a single father trying to raise Adele on your own. I didn’t think you needed this on your plate.” I tried explaining.

“So why now, why are you telling me now?” he demanded.

I shrugged, truthfully not knowing how to answer. “I guess, after I saw how John was with Jennifer being born, I thought you had a right to know.”

“Can I meet her, Addy?”

“I don’t know how we’d arrange it without her being suspicious of who you are,” I sighed. “I don’t want to just disrupt her whole life like that.”

He was silent for a moment. “Then how about we arrange a play date between Ella and Adele?” he suggested.

I raised my brow. Although she hadnt had a play-date in years, the idea was almost crazy enough to work.

“How about later today, after we pick the girls up from school?” I asked, looking at him.

He was ecstatic. “Today would be perfect,” he almost shouted gleefully.

We talked some more about our daughters until it started to rain. We got up and said our goodbyes, walking away from each other. I was about to get into my car when I heard him call out to me.

“Addy, does she look anything like me?” He shouted.

“Its like looking at a photograph of a younger you,” I shouted back.

I could see his smile wobbling a bit as he turned around and walked away.

Chapter 16: Our Family

Thank you for your comments, HannahSpring, Neeri, and FunnyBone
Field Researcher
#60 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 12:36 AM
Amazing. I love how quickly you update. Thanks much!

Just Call Me Allie :)
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 1:15 AM
Wow, that was quick! I can't wait to see how Ella reacts to this!
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:53 AM
Chapter 16: Our Family

“Mom, I’m too old for a play date,” Ella whined while we waited for Eric to open his door later that day.

I rolled my eyes. Even though she was a bright child, it didn’t help with her whining phase, I thought.

“Well, today you’re not. Uncle Eric is a really old friend of mommy’s and I’d like if you made some effort to be nice to his daughter while mommy and him have some grown up time.” I chastised her.

She gave me a look as if I were being completely selfish.

“Fine,” she snapped at me. “But I wont promise to like what’s-her-face.”

“Ella, don’t be a brat.” I said just as Eric opened the door and greeted us inside.

Adele was at her activity table drawing as we came in. Eric gave me a hug, telling me how glad he was that we could make it.

“I’m Adele!” Adele exclaimed happily.

I watched, as my daughter looked at her, annoyed. “I’m Ella,” she mumbled.

Eric couldn’t take his eyes off Ella. I saw him gulping a couple of times as though he were about to cry. I nudged him towards Ella, encouraging him to say something to her.

Eric walked over and sort of waved at Ella, trying to catch her attention. When she caught sight of him, she looked up at him, her silver eyes studying his every feature.

“Hi, Ella, I’m your uncle Eric!” He said, a little too cheerfully. I knew he was trying hard to hide his nervousness.

For a while, Ella didn’t say anything. She just stood there, staring up at Eric. I could tell Eric was starting to feel uncomfortable when her face suddenly lit up in a smile.

“Hi Uncle Eric!” she exclaimed loudly. I couldn’t tell if she was faking it or if she was genuinely being nice.

Eric let out a sigh of relief and leaned down to hug her. “You’re a very beautiful girl, you look just like your mother,” he said to her.

Ella let out something close to a snort but didn’t say anything. She just happily hugged him and turned to Adele.

“Lets go to your room,” she suggested.

Adele’s face lit up with a grin as she shouted “okay, race you up the stairs!” and sprinted up the stairs. Before following her, Ella looked back at Eric and I who had sat down on the couch. She gave me sort of a funny look before bounding up the stairs after Adele.

I looked at Eric, who was staring at me with a smile on his face.

“She really looks like me, Addy.” He was trying to choke back tears.

I smiled warmly at him, “I told you. Its like looking at a younger photograph of you.”

“You think she likes me?”

“I think so,” I lied. The truth was I really didn’t know. My own daughter was confusing me with the mixed signals she was giving me.

“Where’s Lexi, Eric?” I asked. “Adele is the very spitting image of her mother.”

He sighed, “I know. Last I heard, she had a miscarriage, lost her modeling contract and is now residing at a psychiatric ward in a hospital somewhere.” He shook his head. “I think after she lost her chance at fame, she lost her mind.”

I didn’t know what to say so I just changed the subject.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Ella looked at Adele suspiciously.

“So you only have a daddy? How does that work?”

Adele motioned for Ella to come closer. “My mommy’s in the crazy house,” she whispered into Ella’s ear.

Ella pulled away and looked at her as if she were the crazy one.

“How come there aren’t any pictures of her around then?” she demanded.

“Daddy says its too painful to keep being reminded of her,” Adele said, not quite understanding why Ella was so curious about everything.

“Oh,” was all Ella could respond with.

“I think my mommy was mean to my daddy.” Adele said.

She and Ella giggled at the thought of that.

“I like you Adele, wanna be friends forever?” Ella suddenly asked.

Adele grinned, “Friends forever!” she exclaimed and hugged Ella.

They both rambled on about school and toys until it got dark. Both Ella and Adele ran down the stairs.

I was still talking to Eric when they both came running towards us. Ella looked at me and declared she was ready to go home.

“Okay, okay we can go home,” I smiled at her and wondered what she was thinking. “It was nice meeting you Adele, I hope Ella can come around and hang out with you again.”

Adele grinned, “we’re gonna be friends forever!” she said excitedly.

I smiled at her, it was nice to know that all it took was one play-date to establish a friendship between the two. I hugged Eric and kissed Adele on the top of her head, wishing them both a good night. As Ella and I were walking out the door, she mumbled something I could barely hear.

“What, honey?” I asked, curious to see what she was mumbling about.

“I said, I know Eric is my daddy. I look just like him.” She said matter-of-factly.

I was so stunned that I came to an abrupt halt, staring at her back as she continued walking.

“Mommy, come on,” she urged as if she hadn’t said anything unusual. “Its getting late and its daddy’s turn to read me a story tonight,” she insisted.

“Oh…I…I’m coming” was all I could say.

She never mentioned what she said that night again, not to John or me. She went on calling John “Daddy” and continued to be the best of friends with Adele, who with every passing year, looked like a mini-me of Lexi.

The both of them grew up going to high school together. Ella sometimes even dared to call Adele her sister, even convincing me that it was a good idea to let them both work at the art gallery together, which looking back now didn’t seem like the best idea. But they were happy spending time with each other that I didn’t dare try to separate them. Ella also loved talking to Eric, whom she liked to refer to as her “dear Uncle.” In return, Eric was ecstatic to find out that Adele and Ella were best friends. He found that it lightened the burden of trying to make up for the missing mother figure in her life.

As the years passed, my family grew. Jennifer was already in elementary school when I gave birth to a little boy. He too looked so much like John that we had to name him Johnny, since John Jr. would’ve been a bit too much.

And John did keep his promise. We were indeed the happiest family around, with of course the normal dose of family drama. But we endured it, still loving each other deeply in the end.

Next: Epilogue

Thank you alliemarie2323 and peachizncream for your comments and support. =D

The next chapter will be the final chapter to the story.
Original Poster
#63 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:13 AM
Epilogue
Eric and I sat in the park, the cool breeze softly caressing our faces as we stared at the pond together.

“How are you feeling today, Addy?” his silver eyes searched mine as I turned my head to look at him.

I gave him a weak smile. It had been three years after John’s death and I still hadnt fully recovered from it.

“The kids pull me through each day.” I sighed.

Although older, Eric didn’t look much different from his younger self. After John’s car accident, he helped me pull through, offering a shoulder whenever I needed it.

“You raised them well, Addy. They’re all such bright children,” he smiled at me.

“You know,” I said while staring at the pond. “It seemed like only yesterday we were just renewing our vows with them watching.”

Eric sighed, “Addy…” he began but I cut him off.

“I know, Eric, I know I shouldn’t keep replaying the thoughts in my head, but I cant help it sometimes.” I wiped away a stray tear.

“He’s probably watching you from heaven right now and wondering why his wife is so stubborn,” Eric muttered.

I burst out laughing. That sounded like something John would think. He always used to say I was the most stubborn woman he had ever met.

“Hey don’t start laughing now, they might arrest you for showing some emotion other than depression.”

“Oh pish posh Eric, quit being a sarcastic grumpy old man.” I chastised him.

“Who are you calling old, lady? I still got a lot of years left in these old bones,” he chuckled.

I snickered. “Yeah, and I’m still in my twenties, Eric.”

We both had a good laugh over that one.

“I swear, Eric,” I began again. “It really does seem like we were celebrating our anniversary just yesterday. The kids were all grown and gathered round, they all looked so happy. And John...he was so proud of his family.” I sighed.

“Addy, you need to stop living in the past, if not for you, then for your children. They still need you, you know?” He pleaded. “Ella, Jennifer, and Johnny still need a guiding hand through life. You cant just become a shell. They’re suffering too, but at least their moving on with their lives.”

I nodded, “No, you’re right Eric. I cant keep doing this.”

I smiled at him. “The kids have been the bravest of them all however.”

“They really are amazing kids, Addy. You both did a great job raising them.”

I smiled as I thought about Ella. Her relationship with Adele could no longer be called a friendship, but instead a sisterhood. They were always supporting each other and looking out for one another. The other day, Ella had even hinted that she wanted to move out and get her own place with Adele, who I noticed looked like she was Lexi's twin sister. Both of them were working for fashion companies, Ella as fashion designer and Adele as a model.

Jennifer grew up to a be a lovely teenager who was in love with the idea of becoming a veterinarian. She was always trying to bring a stray animal home, which didn’t always sit well with Princess. I also knew about her secret boyfriend, who she kept hidden from me because she was afraid I’d be angry at her. The truth was, however, I was happy she finally found someone who made her days brighter after her father’s death.

And then there was Johnny. Looking at him was like looking at a younger version of John. He and his father were inseparable at times with the same interest in many things. Growing up, Johnny always said he wanted to follow after his dad’s footsteps and work as a Crime Scene Specialist. After John’s death, he started working hard at making that dream come true. He kept saying how he wanted to make his John proud while he was in heaven.

“Do you think the kids are enjoying their day at the park with us?” Eric asked,
interrupting my thoughts.

“I think they’re happy that I finally stepped out of the house,” I said, my humor dry.

“Yeah well you did become a hermit for a while,” he agreed and we both went back to watching the kids as they played with eachother.

Eric stayed at the park with me until it got chilly and the kids were ready to go home. He asked me if I was ready to go and I shook my head.

“You guys go ahead, I will catch up,” I said. When they all looked at me as if I had just said I was going to jump off a bridge, I rolled my eyes.

“Really, I’ll be fine. I just want to stay a little while longer.” I reassured them. “Just leave Princess Peach with me.”

They finally nodded and left Princess Peach and me at the park. I took Princess Peach for a walk around the park while I remembered my last few moments with John. When it was getting real late, I pulled Princess Peach to a stop and bent down to stroke her.

“Ready to go home, girl? Soon it’ll be just you and me,” I said while smiling sadly down at her. I knew it wouldn’t be long before Jennifer and Johnny were all grown up and also ready to move out of the house.

“I hope you’re out there John, watching over us.” I whispered while looking up at the darkened sky illuminated by twinkling stars. “I miss you so much, my love….”

I smiled up at the heavens, so sure I heard the winds whisper, “I love you.”

I whistled at Princess Peach to follow me as I started walking home and I was so sure I felt John with me every step of the way.

Thank you to those all who took their time to read Adelaide. It was my first story and the views on the story have blown my mind away. I'm glad to those who took the time to comment. I hope you stay tuned for my next story, which I will begin on soon. Thank you once again for all the love and support through my first story. I'm glad that I'm among such talented souls.

Stay tuned for a Blooper Chapter =D
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:25 AM
Bloopers
Here are some pretty funny bloopers that happened while I was setting up the characters for their story shoots.

This one cracked me up so much. I literally LOL'd at this photo. She was supposed to be surprised, not excited =P I guess she really wanted to be married.

LOL all I can say is WTF John? hahahaha

See, Eric was right. Good help is hard to find. I was so pissed with the Nanny when she did this. I kept thinking, GOSH WOMEN - the kid is right on the floor. =P

This was just seriously creepy. Her mouth wasnt even open ahaha.

LMAO Adelaide did this right as I was getting ready for her to argue with John. I had the free mode off, so when she turned around and did this while I had just ordered her to argue with John, I just burst out laughing.

~

And that my friends, is the end of Adelaide. The story is officially over. I hope this blooper section gave you a good laugh-out-loud moment as it did with me - minus the picture of Ella with her teeth outside her chin. Now that was just really creepy.

BTW any feedback on how I did with my first story is greatly appreaciated, especially since I want to write another one soon. So if you have any advice, comments, or anything else to say - please do say it.

Once again thanks to all those who took the time to read and leave feedback on Adelaide.

EDIT: I just realized that I never explained why I chose her name to be Adelaide like I originally wanted to. Its from my favorite song by:
Old 97's named Adelaide. Here are the lyrics in case you're interested:

Heaven i need drug
Her eyes are all but fixed upon her coffee cup
And looking down she tells you things are looking up
Take another slug

Heaven I had a dream
But now my lifes a nightmare of efficiency
She rattles off the things she never got for free
Gearing up to scream

I remember when
I had you and you had so much promise then
You promised me that you would never leave again
To be broken you were made Adelaide

Heaven i need a rest
I recognized the voices talking in my head
I couldnt make out everything the voices said
Loving you is a test

I remember when
you promised me that you would never leave again

Heaven i need a drink
Im here because they're paying me to do my thing
They never specify what it is i should bring
Im right up on the brink

I remember when
You promised me that you would never leave again
To be broken....

It sums up her character well.
Listen to it if you ever get a chance, its an amazing song.

#65 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 10:10 AM
W00t! W00t!

Amazing end, Maria! I really liked this happy-ending because it really wasn't that happy and sweet, actually (Eric found out he had another child, Lexi was crazy etc.). And the pictures were much better that at the beginning! I think you've done a wonderful job on the story! I had a great time reading it!

To be completely honest, I'm not too much in having-a-lot-of-babies-drama, but the story of Adelaide was really well-written. I like that you showed Addy's life from the start to her elderly. Oh, and poor John.

Anyway, it's great to hear you're about to start a new story! Any teasers or spoilers?
Original Poster
#66 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 10:52 AM
Thank you so much for your comments HannahSpring ^___^ It really made writing this story worth it.

Yeah Im not much for the baby-drama stories either, I see a lot of them on here, and for some reason, Adelaide wasnt originally supposed to be a horrid baby drama story, but it wrote itself out that way.

But I figured as long as it wasnt too "I had your baby, leave the other woman" type, it wouldnt be so bad to write, ya know?

And for the ending, I didnt want to give her a complete happy ending. For some reason, it just didnt seem right for her to have it all in the end - as mean as that sounds haha.

I wont give away any spoilers or teasers about the new story just yet, but I will say from the first moment I got sims 2, I was addicted to the storyline and wanted to continue it in my own way. =P I wrote maybe 2 or 3 versions of the story before, and scraped it all because it seemed so stupid. But this time I'm hoping to finish through with it. I hope you guys will like the new story, I'm pretty excited about it.
#67 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 1:16 PM
As I said, the ending was just as fine because it wasn't too much happy. I'm getting excited about the new story, I hope we'll see the prologue soon on S2C! ^_^
Page 3 of 3