Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 5:24 AM
Default I can't import some of the Sims 3 models into blender using plugins
Hi,

I have been importing some of the Sims 3 models into blender using the Cliptool, S3PE and s3oc. But Blender only imports some of the models and not others. I successfully imported the Grim Reaper's Scythe, Trident, and the Statue. I had no problem with Abu Simbel. But I can't import the large Anubis Lamp from the World adventures, or the Giant Statue from Island Paradise. It seems very arbitrary and I am trying to understand the traceback error messages I am getting. I read some of the past suggestions on these forums, and used different versions of the blender to no avail. Every time, I try to import the Anubis lamp, I get the same traceback error message and I don't know what to do. I know that I am a bit late to the Sims 3 modding scene, but I really want to do more. Anyone knows how I can solve this issue?

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Denzillan
Hi,

I have been importing some of the Sims 3 models into blender using the Cliptool, S3PE and s3oc. But Blender only imports some of the models and not others. I successfully imported the Grim Reaper's Scythe, Trident, and the Statue. I had no problem with Abu Simbel. But I can't import the large Anubis Lamp from the World adventures, or the Giant Statue from Island Paradise. It seems very arbitrary and I am trying to understand the traceback error messages I am getting. I read some of the past suggestions on these forums, and used different versions of the blender to no avail. Every time, I try to import the Anubis lamp, I get the same traceback error message and I don't know what to do. I know that I am a bit late to the Sims 3 modding scene, but I really want to do more. Anyone knows how I can solve this issue?

I find it easiest to use TSRW to clone objects and export them as object to work in Blender.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I find it easiest to use TSRW to clone objects and export them as object to work in Blender.

Thanks, I am using a combination of multiple programs now, including TSRW. So far, they are working smoothly.