Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 7:23 PM
Default The Sims 4 is Free (again?)!
Source:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjStiTtuAw

Thoughts? Good thing, or bad thing? TS5 will be better or not? Final iteration/game TS4, or not? Discuss(ion) about this free base game (cuz its not expansion, stuff or kit pack related to post it there).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 7:59 PM
I rather kept my underground copy of my sims 4, at least my copy is totally free from charges and no hidden surprises. I do not trust a compagny as EA , I am sure there will be tolls , microtransactions or monthly subscriptions. They won't let the game completely free, how wll they pay the employees?
I do not care of the sims 5 at all, they can keep them in the boxes.
The sims 4 is a catastrophy for many of us who do not suit the game engine. You cannot embody a character, you bear them,You cannot write your own story, you have to describe what's happening to your sim.This game is all about on socialization.
When I play it, it makes me tired .Tired of always interacting with other sims too much. It eats my energy. like if I stayed hours on facebook or other social network.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:56 PM
My thoughts? It would seem that EA are once again trying to 'hook' people into the money sink that is TS4. It's a promotional tactic first and foremost, however, if EA have to resort to this type of tactic then something is certainly amiss. Could be that they're (finally) just about done with TS4 and are doing one last push to get people to buy into it, and/or it could be that they're desperate for more sales. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
I rather kept my underground copy of my sims 4, at least my copy is totally free from charges and no hidden surprises. I do not trust a compagny as EA , I am sure there will be tolls , microtransactions or monthly subscriptions. They won't let the game completely free, how wll they pay the employees?
I do not care of the sims 5 at all, they can keep them in the boxes.
The sims 4 is a catastrophy for many of us who do not suit the game engine. You cannot embody a character, you bear them,You cannot write your own story, you have to describe what's happening to your sim.This game is all about on socialization.
When I play it, it makes me tired .Tired of always interacting with other sims too much. It eats my energy. like if I stayed hours on facebook or other social network.

Are you admitting piracy? Surely you're aware that this site, Modthesims, does not condone nor support piracy and pirated copies.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Source:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjStiTtuAw

Thoughts? Good thing, or bad thing? TS5 will be better or not? Final iteration/game TS4, or not? Discuss(ion) about this free base game (cuz its not expansion, stuff or kit pack related to post it there).

There is already a thread going about this:

https://modthesims.info/showthread....3&cb=1663455838