Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 6:45 PM
Default How does a sim begin gardening?
I haven't played TS3 in some time and have forgotten so much it is almost like a brand new game. I've searched the prima guide and online for this info and not found it. I can't find anything about gardening in either buy or build mode. I have created a household of 3 sisters. One of them wants to garden but I have no clue what she needs to do to begin. Can someone help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 8:34 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 8:35 PM
You can start in different ways.
If she has any fruit or vegetables in the fridge or in her personal inventory, you can click on the item and have her plant it ion the ground or in a planter. If she has none, you can send her to the grocery store (or some other places depending on which world, but there's always a grocery store) to buy some of whatever's available, and plant that the same way, clicking on the item once it's in her inventory.
Seeds can also be found lying around on the ground.
Lastly, if you put "testingcheatsenabled true" followed by "buydebug on" (sans quotes) into the cheat box (if you forgot this, you get the cheat box by pressing shift-ctrl-c all at once), there is an entire menu of most of the plantables under the gardening-and-seed spawners section in buydebug. I honestly use these a lot because on top of everything else they provide free landscaping.

If she has only a few plants, she doesn't need a sprinkler. Most edibles also have fertilizing capability but I have found that you can grow enough to level up a bit without fertilizing. When you have more plants, you want a sprinkler. You only really want the ridiculous grow station if you're growing a ridiculous amount.
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 9:24 PM
When your sim starts learning gardening skill, there'll be some starter seeds in your sim's inventory. Click on the seed and choose plant, the seed shows up as green square and you can choose where you like to plant as long as it's on terrain.

There are various seeds you can find around the neighborhood you play. The Collection Helper lifetime reward helps you find them by showing them in map mode. Or you can simply buy fruits and veggies in groceries and plant them.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 9:24 PM
Thanks to all of you for the help. I seem to have had a big memory drain. Visited a couple of my saved families who have big gardens and couldn't remember doing any of that. Guess I have gotten older than I thought I had. lol
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
Thanks to all of you for the help. I seem to have had a big memory drain. Visited a couple of my saved families who have big gardens and couldn't remember doing any of that. Guess I have gotten older than I thought I had. lol

When I lose my game for one reason or another there's always a hiatus before I get started again and I always forget how I did the most basic things before.