Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 9:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bug with Home Businesses?
Hi everyone! I'm experiencing a bug with home businesses and I don't think it's mod related. When I have a home business and invite sims over, if the business is closed the sims immediately leave. The same thing happens with friends brought home from work and school. I guess I haven't played with business enough to notice if this has always been like that? Is this normal and if it is, is there any mod to fix it? I suppose the game doesn't distinguish customers from invited guests but it's very annoying to have to open the business just to be able to invite a sim over by phone. I have noticed that they will stick around if there's a date on, maybe it works the same if it's a group and that's an option if there's no mod.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 12:53 AM
Anyone have any suggestions about this ?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 1:22 AM
I haven't played with home businesses much (even with fixes, they're annoying!) but I know that those few sims who've had them were able to invite people over just fine, though before I added mods they would be rude about it if someone left a newspaper on the floor or the dishes started drawing flies. It is, of course, possible that I have a fix for this that I forgot. It happens. Is your game fully patched?

The only way to be sure it's not mod-related is to pull your mods, I'm afraid. It doesn't have to make sense at the macro-level, only at the level at which computers operate. From a human perspective, the code is complex enough that chaos theory applies. Also, some people don't fully document their mods so that when you install one it makes unexpected changes. (Pescado is notorious for this.)

A lot of people have made mods that make businesses function differently, but the only ones I can remember at the moment are Cyjon's Less Complaining and More Customers. http://cyjon.net/node/42

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 2:46 PM
It's not a mod issue, seems to be a problem with that lot because I can't get it to happen anywhere else. Thanks anyway though