Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 10:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The hoodchecker marks "unknown" sims on simPe as no data
Hello everyone, I'm asking here because I don't know where to ask anymore and I hope someone can help me.
You know that SimPE can't read some sims and that the program shows these sims as "unknown" right? I've never had a problem with these sims, because they always have be there.
I use MeetMe clean neighborhoods and those sims have always been there, even since before i started playing but recently the hoodchecker seems annoyed because now every time I scan my uberhood, the program marks them as sims with no data (which it never did!) it never took these sims into consideration. I think SimPE ALWAYS read them as no data sims, but that the hoodchecker never detected them.
At the beginning I thought that the save was corrupted and I checked ALL my sims (living, townie, npc, deceased) and they are all OK and have all the data, HC just marks these "unknowns" that have always been there but not has ever seen.
I haven't even installed mods that have npc's or lots (I haven't installed lots in ages) and I check my save with HC very often and until a few days ago I didn't have this problem and... I haven't even played, so I find it strange.
Another strange thing is that the hoodchecker detects these unknown sims even in my custom neighborhood...where, in fact, I haven't even played.

I have a suspect but I don't know if it makes sense. A few weeks ago I had to download the "neighborhood data" file that the latest version of SimPE doesn't have to make the plastic surgery of some of my sims genetic.
It's possible that this file made the hoodchecker able to search deeper into sims that even SimPE can't read? (or is it the plastic surgery bug deleting sim data? but the sims to which I did the surgery are intact...)
Here is a screenshot. Some are NPCs of some mods (multi PR/Multi Ideal and...unfortunately the npc of the surf up mod).
Should I worry? I have a backup where the hoodchecker doesn't mark these sims, but I don't know if entering it and playing afterwards will mark them.

[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 2:12 AM
If you haven't installed any custom NPCs, you will not have any Unknown sims in SimPE, but I see you contradicted that statement at the end of your post and said that you have indeed installed custom NPCs. Those sims will also show up as having no character file in Hoodchecker, unless you moved the character files into the neighborhood folder, but in that case I would expect them to stop showing up in SimPE as Unknown as well. So, either you have a huge amount of custom NPCs installed, or some process has deleted a large number of character files from your neighborhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you haven't installed any custom NPCs, you will not have any Unknown sims in SimPE, but I see you contradicted that statement at the end of your post and said that you have indeed installed custom NPCs. Those sims will also show up as having no character file in Hoodchecker, unless you moved the character files into the neighborhood folder, but in that case I would expect them to stop showing up in SimPE as Unknown as well. So, either you have a huge amount of custom NPCs installed, or some process has deleted a large number of character files from your neighborhood.

The problem is that isn't the neighborhood that is corrupted, these files are generated in any save that I open now, as if they were NPCs, with the same IDs, but I can't explain how this is possible because I haven't installed mods with NPCs.

I correct myself on one thing, these are NOT sims that I've always had, I checked now, they're practically only generating now. The "unknown" that I saw before were the NPCs that I had voluntarily installed, but who are these if I have not installed anything? ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xirem26
The problem is that isn't the neighborhood that is corrupted, these files are generated in any save that I open now, as if they were NPCs, with the same IDs, but I can't explain how this is possible because I haven't installed mods with NPCs.

I correct myself on one thing, these are NOT sims that I've always had, I checked now, they're practically only generating now. The "unknown" that I saw before were the NPCs that I had voluntarily installed, but who are these if I have not installed anything? ?

So umh...update: it was pretty much all Lindasims cc's that were "infected".

I don't want to do drama, I don't know what happened, I don't know if it was an accident, I don't know if she failed to do something right and this happened, I don't know if she did it on purpose but…well, that was it.

I'm 100% sure because I ONLY tried her cc's in a clean save in a newly generated EA Games folder.

I tried my entire download folder (cc and mod) in a regenerated folder which I had regenerated a zillion times to check everything cleanly (even the saves was regenerated multiple times) and ONLY her ccs generated these sims without character data.

Curiously the game was reading some of her ccs as "game altering mods" and not as normal ccs.

Here I have the screenshots. I won't tell you not to download from her because I REPEAT, I don't want to create drama, but be very careful.

Screenshots