Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 7:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Failure 3" pop up spam
Has anybody had this glitch? I took my sim on a date and she had a want to propose engagement, which she did. Her date accepted. Then I started getting spammed with these pop ups. They came repeatedly even when the game was paused. I decided to end the date and that stopped them.

I might do some testing and see if it happens again but I'm wondering whether it might be to do with lazyduchess's reject proposal mod, or simler90's mod that changes how dates are scored?

Although I had testingcheats on, no error was triggered, so nothing to run through whatcausedthis.

Screenshots

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2022 at 8:03 PM
Looks to be from a mod, as you mentioned. That isn't a game pop up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 10:44 AM
I think it may have to do with simler90's mod (pure guess though) - vanilla game behavior is that sims get to the dream date level the moment an engagement is successful. I see on your picture that the date is one score level below the dream date level. Maybe something didn't get coded correctly and there are now dampers to the date score active to make the score more elastic, causing the popups along the way.

You can try looking for the "Failure 3" string somewhere in the package file of either simler's or LD's mod to see exactly where it's coming from. It should be somewhere in the text lists.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 1:21 PM
Thanks, I'll try looking there! I think one or the other of those are the likely cause of this message, although of course it could be a completely different mod.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...