Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 1:45 AM
Default How do I place a new lot in my town? Either community or an empty lot?
I tried to post this in the help forum but every time I clicked on that forum I was sent to WCIF. So chose here to be closer.

So, how do I place a new empty lot in my town. I do not find any empty lots in the build section. Only homes and community lots. I am trying to play in a town called Neverglade which I downloaded. It has many empty houses and empty lots and a variety of community lots but does not have a fire station, nor a consignment store. I went to edit town, chose select, all lots were identified. I went to build, chose community lots and found the fire station that I wanted. I clicked on it, chose place copy and all the lot identifications on the map disappeared. I tried placing it various places but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong? The lot I wanted was 30x20. I checked a number of empty lots on the map but none were that small. Most were either 30x30 or 30x40. Does there have to be an empty 30x20 to place the firehouse in? If so, where do I find one to place.

I would also like to know if it's possible to edit sims ages. I created a household of 3 sisters who are supposed to be triplets. The game gave them varied ages.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 12:07 PM
You can place smaller buildings on larger lots, however in order to place a community lot, the empty lots need to be community lots as well. I'm guessing all the empty lots in your town were residential, so simply change some of them into community lots and it should work fine.

As for adjusting the age, idk if it's possible with just the vanilla game but if you download Nraas MasterController, you'll be able to do it pretty easily.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
I tried to post this in the help forum but every time I clicked on that forum I was sent to WCIF. So chose here to be closer.

So, how do I place a new empty lot in my town. I do not find any empty lots in the build section. Only homes and community lots. I am trying to play in a town called Neverglade which I downloaded. It has many empty houses and empty lots and a variety of community lots but does not have a fire station, nor a consignment store. I went to edit town, chose select, all lots were identified. I went to build, chose community lots and found the fire station that I wanted. I clicked on it, chose place copy and all the lot identifications on the map disappeared. I tried placing it various places but nothing worked. What am I doing wrong? The lot I wanted was 30x20. I checked a number of empty lots on the map but none were that small. Most were either 30x30 or 30x40. Does there have to be an empty 30x20 to place the firehouse in? If so, where do I find one to place.

I would also like to know if it's possible to edit sims ages. I created a household of 3 sisters who are supposed to be triplets. The game gave them varied ages.

Not sure of your set up, but in my game, I must click on the lot, select community lot, then choose the lot type. Consignment store has a specific lot type, and I think fire station might also. I guess this sets how the game sees that lot, and runs the script?

Yes, a smaller building can go on a larger lot, but larger building NOT on smaller lot. Do not know of a cheat to allow, although "moveobjects on" will allow placing rabbithole buildings beyond lot edges.

To change a Sim's age, simply take it to CAS, basic options, and option for age is there. To set more specific, Nraas Master Controller, Intermediate, age absolute, and you can adjust by Sim day.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 3:41 AM
Google is your friend. You probably could have found the answers immediately if had done a search there. I head to Google all the time.