Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 6:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it safe to overwrite files from the game’s program files directory?
I’m planning to install an SSD in my computer in the next few weeks, and I’ll be reinstalling the game (except it’ll be located on the SSD) once I do. I know how to backup files from the EA Games directory, so I already know how to transfer mods, camera files and things like that. The issue I’m having is that I don’t know what I’m gonna do with stuff that I downloaded on the game’s program files directory (like for example a Wants Tree mod) I can’t remember exactly everything I’ve downloaded there, so I’m wondering if it would be safe to just keep a backup of the game’s program files directory and overwrite the newly installed game’s program files directory with it once I do the reinstalling. I appreciate any help!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 7:17 PM
Yes, provided that you install the same version of the game (so don't swap UC files into a disc install), that will work just fine. This is something I use myself to play different game setups, for example if I want to play totally vanilla without lighting mods or without catalog mods.