Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 1:40 AM
I've got my Jankowskys in Pleasant Valley taking up the challenge to spend only a fraction of their total savings on a house build and on furnishings to allow them to make it though their forst colonial winter in Early America in the 17th century.They'll still be earning money however they can while they work on the build over the coming season.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 8:47 PM
I think the idea was that Sims would have more common sense than the ones in the original The Sims, but not so much that a new player would think there was nothing they needed to do. Lots of humans want stuff they know perfectly well they can't afford and as long as they also want things that are within their grasp, it usually works out fine. Some humans also buy things they can't afford anyway. So this is a way of making Sims more realistic while still clearing the (relatively low) bar of The Sims.

Given that Sims rely on players to know what is actually possible to purchase, as well as to make the purchases, and also given that many Sims can be trained to want expensive things less often by satisfying wants that don't revolve around expensive purchases and ignoring purchase-based wants, I would suggest that Sims that want to spend beyond their means:

a) don't know any better (such as a Fortune Sim out of the box - usually getting them some form of making money and satisfying a few wants related to it fixes this)
b) have been trained by Maxis to have expensive tastes (the Summerdreams are a good example)
c) have been accidentally trained to covet expensive things by players sometimes buying the expensive stuff and/or not satisfying non-purchase-related wants when available

Wants are not obligations. Sims are allowed to have extravagant dreams too.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 10:59 PM
I think the pixels know who's in charge of the banking function, because even when they have little to no money they want all these fancy things and cars.
I know they're convinced that $50,000 is 'rich' so the thought of anything more is just not in their world view. They're not conscious of the money they have so anything over $100 is a fantastic amount for them for them.
It gets more complicated when they do get the understanding of what money actually means.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#29 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 11:14 PM
in one of my hoods, sims can't because the prices are so expensive. $250k+
Mad Poster
#30 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 10:35 AM
Yes, I don't understand the drive to have all sims' wants fulfillable and sensible at all times. Don't we all yearn for impossible things sometimes? That's why I don't have many mods which put limits on the sims' wants. Some, I do, because some of the EP based wants are overwhelming, but I don't care if they tell me they want to ice skate when there's no skating rink on the lot. That's when I phone up a friend and invite them to a community lot that does have one!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#31 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 8:22 PM
It's possible for that to happen when a higher bills Mod is installed and bills go up very high because life gets expensive and easier to avoid with a halved bills Mod because living costs are lowered.I can also make it happen for story purposes.
Page 2 of 2