Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 4:31 PM
Default UPDATE! Downloads available to registered members only from 12th December
Hi All,

With a large site that has a great community behind it comes some hard truths - MTS2 actually went over it's bandwidth allocation last month, which is a testament to the quality and amount of downloads we have.

MTS2 has 13,000GB available to it, and as we went over that last month and bandwidth figures for this month show an increase, I have made the decision to turn off file downloads to guests. Guests may still see thumbnails but must register and login to download.

We have had unrestricted downloads for a long time, and have tried to keep everything available to guests as well as members, but unless we get another unmetered fileserver, this situation will stay for the time being.

We hope you all understand this is neccesary.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 4:54 PM
Oh well... Almost all Sim Lovers I know already have MTS2 accounts. In fact, I always think we need to register to download before, so it wont make much different to me :D!

You just do what you gotta do Big D!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 5:02 PM
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. After all, it isn't as if registration is a big pain in the behind or anything. Anyway, if people aren't registered, how can they click the Thanks buttons?

Miao.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 5:03 PM
Oh well... I just feel sorry for the guests. But then this site is really worth registering I just hope MTS2 does not end as TSR and we have to subscribe to access.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 5:16 PM
MTS2 will become a paysite over my dead body. :D

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
#6 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 5:26 PM
um hello?

ok so fine i finally registered lol

wasnt that painful (hope this works i never post here b4)
#7 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 5:28 PM
oh it worked!
Ice Princess
#8 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy

Delphy is now dead......Welcome to MTS2 Pay. It will cost you 12.5 million to continue downloading from here. Please submit all payments to me erm I mean the site as soon as possible.

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:39 PM
/me stabs kathy with something sharp and rusty-
Ice Princess
#10 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:41 PM
Sweetie if we get enough I'll buy you a bra too lmao

Stroke my Llama
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:42 PM
LOL This is fine with me....I've seen times when guests outnumbered members and it was super slow loading pages so maybe this will help. "....over my dead body..." lol Good, I'd hate to see this site become pay only.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:22 PM
leave it to kathy to kill my Delphy just to get a stupid bra... *tackles kathy* Do you want to be drawn in your bra or not?!
Ice Princess
#13 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:38 PM
aaahh My bra....Why of course.

Stroke my Llama
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:56 PM
From Delphy's dead body to bras... what IS this site coming to? XD

As to the original post, I always assumed you had to be registered to download as well. It's not exactly a strain to make people sign up, anyways!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:14 PM
*pssst* For the right price I'll be glad to email downloads to anybody who doesn't want to register.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:49 PM

But Delphy if u die who takes over the site ?? :insane:
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:55 PM

Can I kiss you?

Thanks for all your hard work, Delphy. I know *I* really appreciate it!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:06 PM
hello, I am new here and I would like to say, I love your Sims 2 houses,mods,skins,and etc!! :valentine Also I can't get onto the forum! sorry, but I counldn't post this on the forum. can someone help me out with this problem?

Hello all, I am the Sim_Master, I loved the Sims 1 and I will love the Sims 2 was I get it for x-mas and I have to buy nightlife and Unv
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:23 PM
Whatever helps the site stay open and free sounds good to me! MTS2 will always have my support! Unless this site starts taking part in illegal activities then I might have to consider leaving (o^-^) Thank you for not making this site a pay site tho, you guys are the greatest!

lgfuad
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:35 PM
I think that's more than fair. It would be hard to understand anyone's complaining about a policy like that.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:41 PM
Long live ModtheSims2!! :D

Four Corners of the World - http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/?mforum=fourwinds :)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 10:41 PM
Pay my two cents for some great custom content for the game that I'm addicted to? NEVER!

Only downloading for members is fine with me, but then again I'm a member now and it doesn't make a difference to me anyway.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 11:04 PM

Lets all form a human shield around Delphy.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#24 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 11:34 PM
Delphy, while we are on this topic, as it **does** cost $$ to run the site, do we have some accounting or accounting of what the difference in the cost is? I know at one point there was accounting info someplace but it had been way out of date even then (I think the site cost $600 a month at one point, laughs at the low number)

I just am wondering if we need to do some fundraising/member awareness? I'm a regular supporter - which I know is **optional** but I am helping fund my use and the 'free' use of the site. As signing up is free, I expect that we'll end up with more members, but not necessarily less downloads over time.

*hugs*
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 12:10 AM
Always been a member so not really affected, but even though I know Delphy would rather die than have MTS2 become a pay site, I think (and believe me I don't think this about any other site and especially not TSR [what's up with these people? They take free content, recolor it, and put a price tag on it??? How horrible!!]) that MTS2 would be the most worthwhile money I have ever paid to fund my addiction. This is site is great and the people here are even greater! Thanks sooooo much!
Page 1 of 10