Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:31 PM
Default Frenchie's weird scribblings
Hey there, these are my drawings, that'll later turn out to be weird and/or geeky. Let's start with the different playable races in a roleplaying game I've designed: you may have heard of Xyliriaxons thanks to Lolli (Lolli, I'm waiting for Out of the Blue), as well as about Geek aliens and Xk'krylg'hnreblvians *points to siggy*

Click to enlarge

More to come, I'm just trying to not put too many pictures per post :p
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:44 PM
Click to enlarge

A joke try at anime style, planning on making it an animated avatar for Lolli.
Weeeeee! Anime Lolli! (with a random chav, a sausage, a flying grapefruit and such insane things)
Imagine a gradient background flashing with little black movement lines and people singing in Japanese about a spatula bankai while you're looking at that picture :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:47 PM
I remember when you drew that...I love the anime me!

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 10:22 AM
Yay watercolour! As usual, click to enlarge

Two characters I painted a while ago, that you may also recognise
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 10:36 AM
LOL I really like your drawings, you have a good feel for likenesses The portraits and game thumbnails are my favorites (the Geeks are REALLY well done, and I do like the haughty look the Xyliriaxons have), though the crazy/random anime drawing made me giggle :P

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 11:10 AM
Hehe, what a cute style you have, Frenchie. All of them are very expressive, but I think my favourite of all is the little blue watercolour - the base lines are very light and airy, and the shading, especially on her hair, is so pretty and subtle. I'm soooooo afraid of watercolours - but you use them very well.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 2:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback
Xyliriaxons are indeed pretty smug, so I tried to render a smug look (which I'm not used to do. I hardly ever draw cocky characters). As for the Geeks, drawing grants me the possibility to add stuff (throat fan, Milk-o-tron breast implant or servo-deltoid, for example) that'd required lots of meshing in the Sims, so all the Geek aliens you may see in my game are very toned down compared to what I truly have in mind!
As for the watercolour, I especially used the sim picture for the shading as I was kinda experimenting in that, I usually draw with just a pencil and no colours. Glad you think it looks good!

Some more RPG thumbnails, for careers ("classes") this time!

Hitwoman

Smuggler

Terrorist

Fashion designer
#8 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 10:07 PM
wow. Great work of art! I lov ethem! ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 12:36 PM
READ FIRST, BEFORE POSTING A COMMENT:
Quote:
Disclaimer: the following picture is a gloomy insight in the future of our civilisation, it's not depicting a current situation. Don't go all uber patriotic or "Waaah waaaah you hate America" on me. For K'z-flptl's sake, he has an antigrav chair and a laser gun...
The first of a series of drawings of the leaders of the world's nations, which I made for that same futuristic RPG. My views on the evolution of mankind are pretty pessimistic: virtually every part of the world get a lame regime based on the dark side of their politics, people become more and more stupid, illiterate and uncultivated (the best-selling magazine is called... Guns and Boobies). Today's drawing: The USA and extreme conservatism.

Other will follow:
- Europe: Fascism
- Asia: Communist dictatorship
- Africa: Banana republic, but with gems

Weeeee! Click to enlarge!

In the future I've imagined, the USA have waged wars against pretty much everyone, tries to make other countries elect Conservative leaders by bribing them with chicken wings, and is plagued by obesity at a level never seen before (liposuction businesses soar though!). They've also conquered every American country, because they thought that if Brasilians call themselves Americans, they might as well be, well, Americans (damn you, nationality name which is also the adjective describing a whole continent). So this is Hank Colt, future president of the USA, and his wife. Or his trainee, don't know yet :D
Alchemist
#10 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:02 PM
The link to the big pic is broken :/

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:38 PM
I hopefully fixed it. Please tell me if you encounter more problems...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:40 PM
Doesn't work.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:45 PM
Ok, temp link: Does the link to this blog work? And does the picture in it work?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:56 PM
Nope, doesn't work there either.
#15 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 3:03 PM
hehehe, works for me,

its a very big picture, therefore i think could slow down your computer. like really big.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 3:06 PM
I'll try to shrink it.

Done, edited my first post, so that the half-shrunk picture can be seen by clicking on the thumbnail.
Instructor
#17 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 10:26 PM
I love your weird scribblings! Especially the first ones of the different sorts of beings (and of those 4, my favorites are the Geek aliens and Xk'krylg'hnreblvians) --you could make a whole book out of those with drawings of them (of course), descriptions of their lifestyle, customs, etc. That'd be really cool, I know I'd read it!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inkbottleblue
I love your weird scribblings! Especially the first ones of the different sorts of beings (and of those 4, my favorites are the Geek aliens and Xk'krylg'hnreblvians) --you could make a whole book out of those with drawings of them (of course), descriptions of their lifestyle, customs, etc. That'd be really cool, I know I'd read it!
As far as Xk'krylg'hnreblvians, I've technically written a lot about them, have a look at "Children of Xk'krylg'hnreblv" in the Stories section (the link's in my siggy too) for more details :D
As for Geeks, have a look here (I should really finish these templates...
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 11:00 PM
It is an awesome picture, I was there with him when he drew it....we had alot of fun discussing the possibilities for future earth XD (and the stupid poster slogans "we want you to give us more americans, no abortion" and "'cos gay sex is gross, no gay marriage" were my ideas but the wonderous bad spelling was a great touch from Frenchie :P)

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Instructor
#20 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
As far as Xk'krylg'hnreblvians, I've technically written a lot about them, have a look at "Children of Xk'krylg'hnreblv" in the Stories section (the link's in my siggy too) for more details :D
As for Geeks, have a look here (I should really finish these templates...

I'll check them out, thanks!
#21 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lollipop_Girl
It is an awesome picture, I was there with him when he drew it....we had alot of fun discussing the possibilities for future earth XD (and the stupid poster slogans "we want you to give us more americans, no abortion" and "'cos gay sex is gross, no gay marriage" were my ideas but the wonderous bad spelling was a great touch from Frenchie :P)

I like the "mastication is murder" one. :laugh:

And French, your watercolors are really beautiful. I like them a lot, especially after reading your story.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 9:47 PM
A few drawings I made after a conversation of the Team Fortress 2 forums. Couldn't stand their assuming that if modders got female models into the game, they'd have to be sexy.

Original class models

For my sketches, as usual, click on the thumbnails to enlarge! (Thanks to HP for "fiddling" with the contrast, thus making them better looking)

Engineer

Spy

Demowoman
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 8:20 PM
MOAR geeky stuff!

A group sketch here! :D
http://www.tf2comic.123.fr/images/s...femalegroup.jpg