Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TeenStar PC -> New Name: PC Omega 3000 - Updated for FREETIME

by CtfG Posted 12th Mar 2006 at 1:42 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2008 at 11:48 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME, Bugfix info

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
#51 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 6:32 PM
Every time I run the patch, it tells me my game's already patched... *re-downloads the PC again* The Abductor and the Age Resetter work fine, why isn't that PC showing?!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Instructor
#52 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 6:41 PM
Hang on, I think I've found the issue...

The .package contained in your .zip file that I downloaded cites that it was last edited on October 20, 2006... but you didn't even know what the problem was until October 25, 2006, so how can this be the correct fixed file?

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:09 PM Last edited by CtfG : 31st Oct 2006 at 7:20 PM.
The PC has been thoroughly updated. Please read the description. Thanks to all who reported problems and who helped me in fixing all the bugs!

Now, what exactly went wrong?

First, I created the PC with all EP's included. This resulted in fragments of Uni and OfB being in the package, and it prevented the PC from showing up in base games without any EP.

Second, the age check I wrote was wrong. It ended after checking the age group "Children" and never came to "Teenager". Thus the option Move out simply dropped without being performed.

Third, I let the whole of languages in the text files, but I overwrote / added new text only in English and German. Therefore, any other language did not see the options "Quit School", "Enter Public School" and "Enter Private School".

All that is fixed now. Proxian_girl tested the base game version and gave the okay. I tested all other versions in every function (which led to a chaos in my neighborhood with kids and teens now being in the neighborhood bin *g*), and as far as I can tell, everything works now, from checking mail to playing SSX-3 to Writing Novels and to Moving out.

Sorry for all the fuzz. At least I learned to invest at least as much time into testing as I needed for modifying an object. Now have fun with the new versions, let your kids and teens change school, move out and let them do all the things possible with this PC!

CtfG

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Instructor
#54 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:07 PM
Hi Ctfg! Have read your descriptions surfacely (I'm in the moment having serious trouble to read).
There's a note about not including memories for entering Private School. I would recommend you to have a chat with Squinge, cause he has an object that includes the correct memories. By my side I know by experimenting that the Job data School check memories for Private/Public school and send error messages that are very annoying.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Hi Ctfg! Have read your descriptions surfacely (I'm in the moment having serious trouble to read).
There's a note about not including memories for entering Private School. I would recommend you to have a chat with Squinge, cause he has an object that includes the correct memories. By my side I know by experimenting that the Job data School check memories for Private/Public school and send error messages that are very annoying.

I'm already working on these things (including precise test functions which option is allowed to appear when and so on). I will use some of the outdated and thus unused MyPersonData to store certain values. And about memories... Yeah, it took me about 2 hours yesterday with my HomeworkSelfTaught mod to get the correct syntax sorted out, but now I know what is needed. Thanks for the hint, though

Instructor
#56 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 11:33 PM
Wow... This is one amazing mod. Very good work, your stuff is always good, Lol.
Instructor
#57 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:30 AM
This works great for my story I'm working on to have teens on their own.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 8:03 PM
what a genius! thanks!!!!!
Just what I need!!!
Emma x x
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:24 PM
A bug was reported with the hidden skill of Romance: It is not possible to raise the skill with mirrors. This is a Maxis' bug which I fixed. Please check here if you want to raise the romance skill: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208570.

Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 1:27 AM
A very useful tool you create, I have some fun with it.My only problem so far: the teens I have moved out can't join an existing householt, only move in an unoccupied lot.All other functions work as you've discripted,so I ask you and myself if there is something I've missed or if I just downloaded an older version (I took the largest package available,assuming it will be the latest)
So far I installed only the basic game and work with no other hack than your PC and the ME_Multipainting.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:45 AM
An updated version (v0.5_Seasons) is available for EP5-Seasons now. It includes the new SSN-careers and also enables teens to buy clothes online with a discount. The want "Buy clothes" is NOT fulfilled, though; still working on that one.

If you have SSN installed and want to use the new functions, please download: CtfG_TeenStarPC_v0.5_SSN.zip. Thank you, and have fun!

CtfG

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharlieM
A very useful tool you create, I have some fun with it.My only problem so far: the teens I have moved out can't join an existing householt, only move in an unoccupied lot.All other functions work as you've discripted,so I ask you and myself if there is something I've missed or if I just downloaded an older version (I took the largest package available,assuming it will be the latest)
So far I installed only the basic game and work with no other hack than your PC and the ME_Multipainting.

For base games only, please use this file: CtfG_PC01.zip. All others might produce unwanted results, exactly like you described. That problem never happened to me, so I assume it must be the wrong file version you took. Give PC01 a try

Instructor
#63 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:34 PM
Thankyou! This is an awsome hack! :D
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Baby Ronno : 19th Apr 2007 at 3:10 AM.
I believe that inteen has this now. Plus, it would be nice to have a hack that didn't have the "5 days old" thing. I don't know if such a hack exists though. Thanks a bunch anyway

Isn't that a girl's name?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:22 PM
New version uploaded!

This updated version (2007-04-24) contains a few more options:
- Buy Electronics Online (Cellphone, MP3-Player, Handheld Game)
- Buy Potions Online (all pots the Gypsy and the Garden Club offer, plus Perfume)
- Buy Magazines Online
All items are teleported into the active sim's inventory.
French text by Youri987.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baby Ronno
I believe that inteen has this now. Plus, it would be nice to have a hack that didn't have the "5 days old" thing. I don't know if such a hack exists though. Thanks a bunch anyway

Yes, such a hack exists, and it is implemented in the TeenStar PC Teens can move out at any age, as long as they select the option "Move Out" from the PC's pie menu. Maybe it would be a good idea to read the manual

Or did you talk about the age when the teens can enter an adult job? Well, the reason for this is simple: InTeen assumes that the teen is 18 years old when the teen has lived 8 days in the age group of teen. At 15 or 16 years, some teens leave school with the "Junior Certificate" and enter the adult job career. That's why I set the limit to 5 days (which should equal the "real" age of 16).

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 3:29 AM
This is probably a silly question, but can I use this mod with the InTeen installed or will they conflict?

I like the idea of teens performing any OfB-related action, like buying community lots, hiring employees and so on and want to try and use this option for teens who have flunked out of school and can't go to college because their grades are too low.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mtsimguy
This is probably a silly question, but can I use this mod with the InTeen installed or will they conflict?

I like the idea of teens performing any OfB-related action, like buying community lots, hiring employees and so on and want to try and use this option for teens who have flunked out of school and can't go to college because their grades are too low.

This is not a silly question I have taken care that the PC is compatible with InTeen because I use it myself. There is only one possible conflict, and this one lies in the adult career. InTeen teens automatically enter the adult track when they are 8 days old, while the PC allows them to enter the adult track when they are 5 days old. How to avoid any problems resulting from this, is explained in the manual which is included in the ZIP. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any problems or conflicts with InTeen.

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:42 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm now tapping away at the keyboard and installing the mod in my game.
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 12:54 PM
I'm having some problems, but I'm not sure if they lie within InTeen and this mod.. but it appears while my teen sim can engage (But cannot marry), but also has no option to move out. I know both Inteen and your mod give this option, but considering you've already addressed it, maybe it's another conflict? I've ran a conflict detector, but nothing..

Here are my hacks:
Buyable career awards
Buy/build Community lots
InTEEN SSNs
Something called MQ_Computer with a bunch of banking options (where did THIS come from? I haven't a clue..)
And the Vampireflower.package

Perhaps that computer is conflicting with yours?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:54 PM
Now... THIS!!! THIS IS AN ULTIMATE HACK!!! MUHAHAHA! I hope it's okay that I used this in a story for thesims2.com.
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 2:33 PM
About children and social workers:
If you lock the door to allow household only/allow me only (I think thats w/ pets?) then your child can be safe from the social worker. NOTE: this only works if the kid is inside at the time the social worker comes! Once the build/buy modes are unavailable, it is pointless to tell the kid to go inside, they will just stand there.
After I learned this, i found a quick-fix to save that sim. boolprop testingcheatsenabled true ; shift-click the social worker ; select force error ; select delete. The social worker disappears and comes right back, but in the split second she's not there, you can pause the game and use move_objects on to moe the kid inside.
I don't like this solution that much, it involves too many cheats. If you keep the kid inside the whole time, or in a fenced (locked) yard, they should be safe. not the kind of life you want, but your safe.
Also, if you do lose the kid, (i think) you can go to another family and adopt a kid, then move them out again. good luck!
Thank You CtfG for this great hack!!!! I can't wait to try it!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 11:02 PM
I seriously love this hack. HOWEVER, when I use the one with the option to buy clothes, I always have to reset it. So, I guess I have3 to use version 1. Darn, I hate going to community lots.

X.x.~*~*.Mrs. My Chemical Romance.*~*~.x.X
X.x.So Long.And Good.X.x.Night.x.X Don't I look pretty walkin down the dress in the best damn dress I own? I reject your reality and substitute my own! Thats what we do on Mythbusters. We blow shit up. ~Mythbusters Princess~
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Netza
How does it work when the teen has moved out then? Can they really move into a lot by themselves?

When a kid is at home and their parents die and they're all by themselves, the soicial worker comes over and a pop-up sais 'off to the orphanage' and it's game over. If a teen is there though, they can stay living by themselves!

There is no spoon
Test Subject
#75 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:16 PM
What one should i do if i have pets?
The base game one? Sorry, if its posted anywhere!

I <3 My Chemical Romance !! FOREVER !!
Gerard + Mikey + Frank + Bob + Ray = LOVEE!

15.11.07 = Best day of my life! MCR + MSI = Love !!

I <3 MSI too, I saw them when i went to the o2 (seeing MCR) I love Jimmy and Lyn-Z, they are awesomeness! <3
Page 3 of 5