Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:16 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 17th Oct 2011 at 8:42 PM. Reason: I figured it out...
Default Screenshots-What do you call this thing & how do you turn it off?[SOLVED]
I have a test household in my TS3 Anygame so I can take pictures from 'Live' mode which allows me to hit the 'Tab' key and get really close up and stuff... But lately I've been noticing the place-holder thingy for my Sim is getting in the way and the 'hideHeadlineEffects' cheat doesn't turn it off...

So, what do you call that thing and how do you turn it off? Is there a mod or a cheat or something I'm missing that will turn it off? OR is there a mod or something that allows you to 'Tab' the camera in build and buy mode?
Any information anyone is willing to share will be oh so appreciated!!

Thanks in advance for your kind consideration!!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:47 PM
i also would like to know, also the car kinda thumb in neighborhood view is anoying(then this one gets replaced, or added, by the sims car)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:42 PM
Hiya!
I stumbled across the answer quite by accident... I was looking at the list of cheats in K1ll3RM1CK's Autocheater and found a cheat called ' maptags [on/off] '. I tested it out and it works! So, first, I reckon that thingy is called a map tag and second, to turn it off I had to enter the cheat ' testingcheatsenabled true ' and then ' maptags off '. It only worked for me with the testingcheats turned on already and it only worked once - meaning every time I left 'live' mode to go to 'buy' or 'build' it resets and I had to re-enter the cheat. Needless to say I promptly entered it into the Autocheater, all of which will be super handy when taking screenies of my objects!!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 12:20 AM
Thank you.
I always have testingcheatsenabled true active so i have to test wether the tags come back after switching.
Now we only have to kill the plumbob.
Oh, here is another one:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=351293
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 11:58 AM
I thought using the cheat 'ShowHeadlineEffects off' hid the plumbob? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, I dunno. (I know I've probably spelt the cheat name wrong though)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM
Thnx, i did create a placeholder for the mesh already and disabled the plumbbob effect.