Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SpaceDoll's Further Adventures in Tattoos that Really Stick!!!

by SpaceDoll Posted 8th Jan 2008 at 11:28 PM

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:56 PM
You know, I've never actually had a sunburn in my game, but it shouldn't interfere with the tattoos. Also, unlike most of y'all, I've never had my tattoos disappear except when I installed new EPs or SPs, so I can't really guarantee it won't fade with the sunburn. Of course, you can just stick it right back on. Theo has been working on getting the tattoos to really stick (forever like), but I haven't yet implemented his work into my packages. If any one is interested, search "bodyhair overlays" over at MATY. Back to your questions, Lovints2, yes, you can mix and match. You can use one, or two, or however many you want, and can also combine the tattoos from my other two objects. The only problem is when they actually overlap because they are in the same place, and that just looks weird, but doesn't actually cause any real problems.

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:30 AM
I love these tattoos and the idea of it not being a skintone is awesome. My problem is every time I save and leave the lot and then come back (either after being at another lot or quitting the game for the night), all the tattoos disappear and I have to reapply everyone's tattoos. I'm trying to play a family that is a rock band and living in an old factory building, so I was planning to use a lot of these tattoos. However it's gotten annoying to have to keep reapplying, so I guess I won't be able to use them after all. Thanks anyways. Great creation if it worked. (Morague's didn't work either.)
Space Pony
#28 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 7:05 AM
SpaceDoll,

Really a fantastic job on these tattoos! Well done

Sunburn/frostburn still occurs even with the tattoos. Leaving lot & coming back does cause the tattoos to disappear. I have tried numerous times to stop this from happening, but, I think it is a hard coded reset. I will have a look at what Theo has been working on & see if I can figure anything out. I would really like to get them to be really permanent. I know it is inconvenient to reapply them, but the alternative is worse..... that is, no tattoos!
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:22 PM
thank you thank you! i have been looking for this for a week
#30 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:55 PM
::nab::!!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:40 PM
beautiful realistic tattoos ;P Thank you very much o)
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 2:21 PM
Umm, i have a problem with these tattoos and the Sailor Jerry Vintage Tattoos this is that after i leave the game any of the tattoos i placed on a sim disappear. Is this suppose to happen? Apart from that, these are some amazing tattoos.
#33 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 8:57 PM
I have had an issue with this technology.

A really **WEIRD** issue.

I applied-and-removed tattoos to a Vampyre PlantSim in an attempt to match the EAxis tattoos in the clothing she was already wearing. The process resulted in the dePlantSimmification of the skintone on her head, but her body is still correctly Vampyre PlantSim and her Vampyre non-PlantSim head still has leaves instead of hair.

As I understand it, you used the technology developed for the Maxis-Match tattoo download for this download. Would you be willing to post a link to that thread, so I can discuss this there, or would you prefer that I discuss it here?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th May 2011 at 10:59 AM
Unfortunately, this hack seems to prevent my game from loading. I forced the game to stop after much waiting, removed the hack and it started up fine. When I reinstalled the hack to test if it was just a fluke, the same thing happened again. The Sailor Jerry Tattoo mod works just fine, so I don't understand why this is happening. Does anyone else have this problem? I really like these tattoos so I'm kind of disappointed that I can't use them. :<
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th May 2012 at 9:38 AM
I was just wondering, if it's a simple fact of there can only be 5 for each sex, would it be possible to simply switch the sexes? As in make the girls ones for guys and vice versa? I'd mostly be using them for guys so I could just make my favorites for them... This is awesome, by the way!!

When a man kills a tiger, it is called a game.
When a Tiger kills a man, then it is called savagery...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 7:10 PM
I love your tattoo's so much. Please keep up the great work. You are officially one of my new favorite creators! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 10:23 PM
Unfortunately, I can't find this in my downloads.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:14 AM
I know you probably don't even mess with 2 anymore, but could you consider updatiing these so they last through reloading? The person who did your other boxes never got around to these, and that was back in 2009...

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Page 2 of 2