Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 12:02 AM
I think it's easier to potty train them first, so they go to potty by themselves. Orion has cried and whined only one time when he needed a bath and was hungry and my sim couldn't take care of him because he was passed out xP Sol's now into his fourth pregnancy and the third one was HELL, he was practically on the red zone the whole time, passing out several times, he peed on himself once xP and didn't regain balance until a couple sim hours before 3rd baby was born.

I'm using the telescope mentioned on the first post to get him abducted, and it's working fine, so, i don't know how to help you guys =(
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 12:54 AM
Thanks anyway XMiila.

I just tested making a male AND a female sim pregnant with alien babies via insim and it doesn't work. They can have grimreaper babies and regular babies though. I think there might be something very wrong in my game...
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yowler09
Sol looks like a good daddy Miila! both Luna and Orion look stress free ad happy. Mine just whine and and stink.

Question: is it easier to potty train first then walk or vice versa.

Potty train, because then they can do that on their own accord, and you can use the time you would have used staring at them to eat or sleep. Like I said, if you can teach any of the earlier ones to walk or talk then you're either cheating or you're godly. And great pictures, by the way! The one of Heath getting abducted is lulz. x3

xMiila: I just read your blog post, and 8DD! You posted Luna eating snow! Luna's got...very big eyes... and Orion is so cute~ I like that scale effect, I've never seen that before.

Jennybean: D:! I wish I could help you guys, but I have no experience with boolprop...I've been using the Teslescopio, and shaky English aside it's worked fine for me. If you really don't want to use a custom telescope, though, and you're still having trouble, it's alright if you substitute the alien babies with normal or grim reaper boolprop babies.

I should get back to my own challenge...I haven't loaded it since Amestris's birth. I'll get that started as soon as I finish my homework.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 1:20 AM
Even the Teslesocopio isn't doing it for me. But this is really bugging me because aside from this challenge, I want my sims to be able to have little green babies!! lol
#30 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 1:59 AM
hehe, before I read this challenge I didn't know toddlers could eat snow! So I had to try it out =P the scales effect is a default skintone i found on mts2, just search alien default and its on the first page xD its called pixie serpent by enayla
Scholar
#31 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 3:16 AM
I'm going to try this! Not scoring, but if I make it through I might do it again by scoring.

I love alien babies, so this should be fun...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Scholar
#32 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 4:12 AM
I've started this. My guy has got abducted for the first time. Hasn't got a bump yet, but he's throwing up all over the place.

His name is Nicolas Hawkins.

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT MAKE YOUR SIMS FAMILY ASPIRATION. GETTING ABDUCTED IS A RED MEMORY AND THEY WILL FEAR IT AND SNIVEL ABOUT IT FOR AGES. KNOWLEDGE IS THE ONLY REALLY GOOD ASPIRATION FOR THIS CHALLENGE. SORRY FOR UNNECESSARY AND BOSSY CAPITALS.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:14 AM
This sounds like such a fun and interesting challenge! I love aliens! And babies/toddlers! =D So this is right up my alley.

I'll have to give it a try after I finish up a few of my other challenges. I have a bad habit of starting several and not playing them enough. ^_^;;

For those of you having problems with abductions and/or alien pregnancy even through insim: I had similar difficulties not too long ago, and as far as I could figure out, it was my Multi-Pollination Tech pack that was messing things up. As soon as I replaced it with another, things went back to normal. I think I noticed the problems shortly after installing Seasons and FreeTime. Hopefully you'll find this info useful. *shrug*
#34 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eccentricgnat
To Yowler09: You can use a Pollination Tech replacement. You put the file in your Downloads folder.

You will have to go to Modthesims and search for Pollination

Then your aliens will look all cute and green.

I learn something new every time I read this forum. Thank you!

I'm inspired to make an Alien hood -- all with one founder. I think I may mix this with traditional legacy/prosperity rules for the children of the founder.

Thanks to the OP for an interesting idea.
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
I've started this. My guy has got abducted for the first time. Hasn't got a bump yet, but he's throwing up all over the place.

His name is Nicolas Hawkins.

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT MAKE YOUR SIMS FAMILY ASPIRATION. GETTING ABDUCTED IS A RED MEMORY AND THEY WILL FEAR IT AND SNIVEL ABOUT IT FOR AGES. KNOWLEDGE IS THE ONLY REALLY GOOD ASPIRATION FOR THIS CHALLENGE. SORRY FOR UNNECESSARY AND BOSSY CAPITALS.

Is okay! Come to think of it, you're right. I think it's a red memory for anyone but Knowledge. I'm curious to see what would happen if someone did this with a Romance or Pleasure Sim...oh boy.

Anyway, I finally wised up and took some pictures. They're not exactly the best. But they're something. ^_^;

Here's William Astarte, my mother/father, cuddling little baby Amestris. He's not pregnant here- he's just chubby. It makes for really funny pregnancies.

Them again, with Willie smiling kinda nervously. Ames looks a little less...angled than his brother. PT fathered both kids, but I've replaced him with Pirate now. I know he's been implemented because the family tree says Pirate's their father.

That is a dirty lie. Say hi to Yima, everyone!

Yima takes a bath: Before and After

Called the nanny to get abducted, ended up letting her run free for two hours so Will could get some sleep. She emptied the potties for me! 8D But she didn't touch the water in the bathroom.

And fed Yima. I love when the toddlers eat in the high chairs. "Yucky yucky!"

Sorry, no abduction pics. Dunno how to turn the cutscenes off.

But you don't need pictures to know what happened.

Willie's frustrated. He keeps rolling wants to fall in love and get joined (he checked a guy out...maybe once). Sorry.

Tub's still not fixed.

YES! (He got potty trained about a second after I took this.)

And this is where I left them. Willie's exhausted, hungry, angry, dirty, pregnant, and needs to pee, the tub's still broken, the baby's green(er), and the toddler...actually, the toddler's okay. Huh.

I just realized I could call a repairman to fix the tub. Except he's too tired to make the call. How smart am I.

Before I go: cute!

Aww. Iz cute.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 1:32 PM
This sounds insane :insane: :weep: :evilnod: I can't wait to try it! I'm still building his house..... so this is going to take a while to get going, oh I should probably put in the no miscarriage favor pack for inteen first.... or this won't get very far. Wait, I just realize no smart milk... but but darn it. I probably won't like be keeping score as I go, but I might take pics to see what it is at the end. depends on my mood. Turns out I already had the telescope because freetime seemed to have broken my old way of getting them abducted.
Anyway, I have two questions.
What if a kid is born between 7pm and 2am? does he get abducted that night or the next night?
Also, I'm confused about the Lifetime Aspiration Meter rewards thing.... you said none from the first 2 categories, but said we can pick one from the one from their aspiration, but if I pick the top one, then the sim has to get them all in order to get the top one..... *is confused* Does rule apply to just the father or to all the sims while they live in the house?

EDIT: oh, another question, if he's expecting twins, can we make it one kid instead? (cuz with insim that's possible) I mean I wouldn't expect to get the points for twins or anything, I just think it'll be more fun for me with either no twins or maybe one set later on. Or are we not allowed to check if it's twins or single? (again, i love insim)

oh and jennybean, if u're still around if insim and boolprop can't force an alien preg, then somethin's up with your game. One of the first moves is always starting it with like no CC (well, maybe u should leave in insim or blender, but yeah), see it works then. The bouncing means he errored, in that case, another first move is typically being in testingcheatsenabled, trying to make him alien preg, clicking reset when the box comes up, and it should say something about an error log. Close the game and then open up the .txt file it generated (I suggest writing down the name of it).... if you can't understand it, I know there's people on MTS2 who can, and I've used them before, a little bit, if there's a way for you to get it to me. Hope that helps and sorry for breaking into tech support in the middle of your thread Skuld Lunrix, I'm just a helpful type of person, so yeah...
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by demonofsarila
What if a kid is born between 7pm and 2am? does he get abducted that night or the next night?

Also, I'm confused about the Lifetime Aspiration Meter rewards thing.... you said none from the first 2 categories, but said we can pick one from the one from their aspiration, but if I pick the top one, then the sim has to get them all in order to get the top one..... *is confused* Does rule apply to just the father or to all the sims while they live in the house?

...Hope that helps and sorry for breaking into tech support in the middle of your thread Skuld Lunrix.

I've been debating that myself. I don't really think it can happen, but if it does, then you can go ahead and take the night off. As far as I know, if you stick to the times, all the babies'll be born sometime after 3-4 am.

I don't have FreeTime (is that the one with Lifetime Aspirations? or is that Bon Voyage?), so I don't really know how it works. o__o. I had no idea about what you said when I wrote that. Actually...can I make a modification to the rules? One from the first, one from the third, and a secondary aspiration. It works a little better that way.

And it's alright. Someone needs help, and you're helping them. That's a good thing. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 7:05 PM
So I've been poking around different boards to do some research on my little problem and... it is now SOLVED!

As it turns out, my default multi-technicians pack were borked for some odd reason. They were fine before, but I guess I downloaded something lately that conflicts? Dunno! Don't care! I have new ones now!!

So I present to you, finally, Vincent Bubbles (BP's Vincent), the lucky soon-to-be father of many many green babies!

One of the numerous attempts...

Poor guy

And..... SUCCESS!!!!!!!

According to Insim, he's expecting twins But then again, I have the randomonlytrip&quads hack so we never know for sure...

Thank you so much to everyone who helped!! I love you all!!
#39 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 7:41 PM
I have to try this challenge ASAP. Probably right now.
But here's a good place to get alien names. It a list of famous alien names listed alphabetically. I find it really useful.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 8:55 PM
Meet Pluto! (Yes, all my aliens will have planet names... lol)

How.... fitting. An alien nanny for my alien baby. Hmm.

So I have a question: Can toddlers use play with toys that build skills?
#41 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:14 PM
grats Jennybean xD yea, toddlers can play with these toys: Rabbit Head(raises charisma), Blocks(raises mechanical) and Xylophone(raises creativity), also if you have free time there's the little table where they can draw and play with blocks, on that you they learn creativity and mechanical.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skuld Lunrix
I don't have FreeTime (is that the one with Lifetime Aspirations? or is that Bon Voyage?), so I don't really know how it works. o__o. I had no idea about what you said when I wrote that. Actually...can I make a modification to the rules? One from the first, one from the third, and a secondary aspiration. It works a little better that way.

It's FreeTime. Basically by taking good care of your sims, it gets easier or you get some advantages. I'll try explain without getting into too much detail.... we'll see if this works at all.....
They get a Lifetime Aspiration Meter that slowly fills when there normal asp. meter is full/high. When the normal one is really low/red, the lifetime one slowly lowers. At equally divided points on the lifetime one, they gain an Aspiration Benefit Point. A CAS Adult is automatically given 5, and if I'm right a baby is born with none, but can get have quiet a lot or almost none by the time there a kid depending on how you care for them. I've had teens about to age with this meter almost full, and some with only like 3 or 4. Just depends on how well you take care of your sims or let them try to kill themselves.
The Asp. Benefit Points are spend on well, benefits. There's four categories: Motives, Work, Primary Asp, and Secondary Asp. Each category has four rewards in them. There's a first one, second one, third one, and fourth one. In order to get the second one, they have to already have the first one. In order to get the third one, they have have to already have the second one and so on.
Also, they can only gain a max of 12 Asp Benefit Pts before the lifetime meter fills up, and then they can't get anymore of the pts.
Do you have OFB? because the benfits themsleves are actually laid out like the business perks, kinda. if u don't have OFB, then nevermind that little part.

Does that make a lick of sense? Because if it does, if we're only allowed one from the first category, then we can only get "Slower Social and Comfort Decay" which just makes their social/comfort drop slower. The first one from the primary asp varies with which primary asp they have. The first one for the second asp is always choosing their secondary asp, which lets them roll wants from that asp.

Oh and Jennybean, glad you got your game fixed , can't wait to see how it goes for you. and sorry for typoing ur name before....

Me, I got his house built, partly. It doesn't have the cribs, but he still have lots of money and space. I'm thinkin on slowly expanding it as needed and left room for it.

EDIT: oh, another question, if he's expecting twins, can we make it one kid instead? (cuz with insim that's possible) I mean I wouldn't expect to get the points for twins or anything, I just think it'll be more fun for me with either no twins or maybe one set later on. Or are we not allowed to check if it's twins or single? (again, i love insim)
Original Poster
#43 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 11:09 PM
FunkyPurpleTiger: Er...you need 4 more posts to post links. 8D; But thank you for your enthusiasm anyway.

demonsofsarlia: OH! I really misinterpreted what you were saying before. Sorry! ;__; I'll have to think this over then...but for now, I'm lifting restrictions on the benefits. That's the simplest thing I can do at the moment. Sorry for the confusion...

Jennybean: Your game's fixed? Whee! I like your Sim, he has pointy ears. And the baby, he has a sweet face. And I didn't know you could replace the nannies, too! Or do different nannies come with expansion packs? Or did I just never get an alien nanny?

Abrupt as this is, I've given up on my current family. William was being run ragged, and could barely keep himself awake long enough to feed himself, let alone tend to the babies or walk to the phone and call the repairman for the tub. I want to rethink my strategy before starting again. I know that seems kind of silly, having trouble with my own challenge. But it's hard. T.T
Field Researcher
#44 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 11:18 PM
it's ok, confusion is fine, it makes things interesting. I don't know if there's any places online that would explain it.... really it does give an advantage though. The main thing that all sims get being the slower motive decay/dropping. it's not that big of a difference, but in something like this, it's a difference.

I hope u have better luck on your next try, and this is a really hard challenge.... I haven't really gotten too far into it yet, but well, I know what to expect. Like I said "this sounds insane :evilnod: I can't wait to try it "

oh, another question, if he's expecting twins, can we make it one kid instead? (cuz with insim that's possible) I mean I wouldn't expect to get the points for twins or anything, I just think it'll be more fun for me with either no twins or maybe one set later on. Or are we not allowed to check if it's twins or single? (again, i love insim)

EDIT: what does "+15 for every maxed skill family on a Sim" mean? or what's a skill family? I'm guessing u typoed some how... i'm just not sure how....
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 11:53 PM
Skuld Lunrix, it's a hack over here

You must first kill off all the old nannies though, to allow the game to generate new ones.
#46 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 12:05 AM
An update on my challenge, Sol is now into his 5th pregnancy, and Luna is now a teenager, so she can help him out with the babes, she also got a job. She looked kinda weird as a toddler and child, but she turned out to be really pretty xD.

I was gonna post some shots here, but they're in PNG format and I got a message saying they weren't allowed x_X So, they're in my blog if anyone wants to see them, link is on my signature :D
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 1:19 AM
demons: That meant each type of skill, like cooking or mechanical, maxed. Like say, +15 for a sim who maxes his cooking skill. I guess I should've brushed up on my vocab... and...hm. I'm going to say no. Just cause that's what happened without the hack. But you can check :3

Jennybean: Coolish! Do you do that (kill them) before or after you download the hack?

Miila: Luna's a teen! I obviously don't know from experience, but things should get a tad easier from here on out. (It should get easier from the first child, too, as they can clean and all.) As a toddler her big eyes were kind of...strange...but now they make her look very exotic. Good luck with the next three babies!

I've decided to join the club and test out the Legacy challenge, but i'll be back to Xeno, no worries.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 1:21 AM
After! Otherwise the game will only generate more oldies
#49 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM
No matter what I do, I can't get him abducted, so I gave up and just made him alien pregnant through the Tombstone of Life and Death. He's on his 2nd pregnancy now..
#50 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 2:32 AM
yea, things got easier when Luna became a child, Sol would only focus on the babies/toddlers and trying to regain balance on his motives, while Luna cleaned the house :D.

i got a pollination technician replacement, so the last two babies will look different, hehe. Also, that is so cool about the hack for teen/adult nannies! I downloaded it, and im gonna kill the old ones when i play again tonight >:o
Page 2 of 10