Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 Different Colour Eyes - Male and Female, Teen to Elder **UPDATE: NEW IMPROVED TEXTURE!**

by Esmeralda Posted 17th May 2010 at 5:06 AM - Updated 11th Feb 2013 at 12:22 PM by Esmeralda : Added warning about mixing accessories

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th May 2010 at 4:09 PM
Thanks for the reply!

One thing though, I downloaded these, and edited them to have Escand's eye texture instead. Edited everything that needed to be edited, and for some reason they don't show up in game. The thumbnail in the accessory section is there, but the item won't appear on my sims.

Even tried fiddling with the eye sliders and nothing seemed to work. Your originals didn't show up either.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th May 2010 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missybrina
Thanks for the reply!

One thing though, I downloaded these, and edited them to have Escand's eye texture instead. Edited everything that needed to be edited, and for some reason they don't show up in game. The thumbnail in the accessory section is there, but the item won't appear on my sims.

Even tried fiddling with the eye sliders and nothing seemed to work. Your originals didn't show up either.

Hi, I don't know what procedure you took to package and install the retexture (I've heard that items made with TSRW sometimes don't show up or have unpredictable results - I always use CTU instead), but other people who have retextured my items have told me that the retextured item doesn't show up unless the original item is also in the packages folder at the same time, so please try that if you haven't already done so.
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th May 2010 at 6:32 PM
Ohh NICE ! Finally. I don't want to whine at all but yeah, this texture isn't that great but you made it !! Someone will figure how to retexture it I'm sure. I'm waiting for the escand one when someone will do it 'cause I'm such a n00b.
Thanks EsmeraldaF

Be kind please, my english sucks.
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th May 2010 at 6:41 PM
speaking on behalf of all of us who have two different eyes THANK YOU! I actually posted a request for this not too long ago.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th May 2010 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shanalovesbooboo
Ohh NICE ! Finally. I don't want to whine at all but yeah, this texture isn't that great but you made it !! Someone will figure how to retexture it I'm sure. I'm waiting for the escand one when someone will do it 'cause I'm such a n00b.
Thanks EsmeraldaF

Yep, I'm no good at realistic eye textures, but please bear in mind that as I mentioned in the Overview, these eyes can be textured by applying a pattern in CAS. Some of the CaST patterns do make a nice 'fake' eye texture, so I hope that helps (until one of our eye experts does their own realistic retexture)!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th May 2010 at 8:58 PM
thankyou so much i've been waiting for something like this

"No silicon heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?"
- Kryten, Red Dwarf
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:42 PM
Awesome! I've been wanting to make my neighbor for a while, but since she has two different colored eyes, the perfectionist inside me wouldn't allow it. Plus, this is just awesome. :D

"For it matters more whether there will be weather,than what the weather will be."
---Phantom Tollbooth
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th May 2010 at 5:25 PM
*squeals* Thank you sooo much for making this! <3 I can finally make my favorite oc on the sims since he has two different eye colors...well...almost. ^^; missing his hair now, but still this was a major thing! Thank you very much for taking the time to make this.

~Kyuubi-Retsu
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th May 2010 at 5:16 AM
YES!
cuz i had been wondering how the F i was gonna do yuna from ffx! now i can! thank u so much!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:57 PM
Love Heterochromia! TY!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th May 2010 at 6:52 PM
I love the ability to give the eyes different textures and patterns! This is a really exciting development, despite the eyelid issues.
Scholar
#37 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:05 AM
I did not see this Finally you managed it. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:25 PM
How hard would it be to make the pupil able to be recolored for each eye, too? I am thinking cataracts and other things to add some interest to some of the sims.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordrichter
How hard would it be to make the pupil able to be recolored for each eye, too? I am thinking cataracts and other things to add some interest to some of the sims.

You would have to add two more recolour channels to the recolour mask, for a total of four, if you want each pupil to be recolourable separately as well as each iris to be recolourable separately, and I've never been able to get more than three recolour channels to work. There's meant to be a way to make a 4th channel using the alpha, but I've never had any success in getting that to work when I've tried it in the past, and it's not something I'm tempted to try again!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 12:37 PM
Absolutely mind blowing! I always love your CCs :D
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:27 AM
i have different colored eyes so this is sweet i can finally make myself as a sim! weoo thanks =)
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:00 AM
My suggestion is to make only one eye color for both the right and the left instead of working on two eyes with different colors. I think it may be worthy try. What do you think?

- Jessy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkCougar555
My suggestion is to make only one eye color for both the right and the left instead of working on two eyes with different colors. I think it may be worthy try. What do you think?

- Jessy

Well, the point of making this item was so that sims can have two different eye colours. If you want both eye colours the same, there are plenty of sets of same-coloured eyes already uploaded here by various different creators. Do a search on 'eyes' to find them all.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:31 AM
No, that is not what I say. I'll do my best to clarity what I said.

One package is for one right eye, and one another package is for one left eye. It could be a contact or glasses (or else) for each eye. Someone don't have to work on both left and right glasses/contacts for different colored eyes. Do you know what I mean?

- Jessy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkCougar555
No, that is not what I say. I'll do my best to clarity what I said.

One package is for one right eye, and one another package is for one left eye. It could be a contact or glasses (or else) for each eye. Someone don't have to work on both left and right glasses/contacts for different colored eyes. Do you know what I mean?

- Jessy

Oh, I see what you mean now. That was what I thought at first too, but soon realised it wouldn't work, because it meant the accessory eye will have a different texture from whatever default eyes the player might be using. Hence why it's necessary to have the accessory cover both eyes, so they both have the exact same texture.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 1:10 PM
Aw. Bummer. I now see why you had a hard time to make odd eyes. Hmm. To be honest, EA should give an option for that.
Inventor
#47 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 9:06 AM
WooHoo I've been waiting for these and then I stopped playing Sims 3 until I found out about Ambitions adding Tattoos. I'm glad I found these, thank you. I never did understand why EA gave the option for pets to have mismatched eyes in Sims 2 but not the human simmies.
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:33 AM
this one's Great! but can you also add it into the custom makeup too?
cuz sometime i try to let my sims to wear glasses (or another custom content), the two different colored eye will be remove...

Pls HELP..> <'
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bonnietung
this one's Great! but can you also add it into the custom makeup too?
cuz sometime i try to let my sims to wear glasses (or another custom content), the two different colored eye will be remove...

Pls HELP..> <'

No, it's not possible to categorise it as makeup, as it's a mesh, not a face overlay. You could recategorise it as another accessory, such as earrings, using Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool (http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926 ). Open the .package file using the Unitool and click on the 'Part Category' tab, change the 'CAS Part Type' to Earrings, and then Save the file.

This does, however, mean that your sim now won't be able to wear earrings or any other custom head accessories that a custom creator has categorised under Earrings (such as several of my hats, or my Unsavoury Charlatan beard). In The Sims 3 it is not possible to wear two of the same accessory at the same time (unlike The Sims 2, where you could).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 5:43 PM
Very cool!
Page 2 of 4