Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Game Selector 3.0 Support for "Into the Future" and "Movie Stuff"

by ralphaelninja Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 4:52 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:43 PM by Nysha

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wouter92
I think this utility is great and I'm thinking about writing one for mac.
But I need to know exactly how you did hide the expansions on the PC (eg. what game files did you change etc.), so I can map this to the MAC version.

Thanks!

Try renaming the app and see if that works? perhaps it is as simple as moving the app to another folder and moving it back when needed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lezard86
You know who superman and batman were ? Heroes. You are much more than that. Thank you very much for this fantastic tool ! :D

I appreciate the comparison to Batman and Superman… thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:20 PM
Thank you so much! just the thing i was looking for. specially when i cant run the sims 3 with all the expansion packs at once.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#79 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 3:53 PM
Hi :-)
Could you please also make a version which supports Movie Stuff Pack?
Because I want to create a world which only uses Pets and Showtime but I don't want to deinstall Movie Stuff Pack...

Regards Jawusa :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Hi :-)
Could you please also make a version which supports Movie Stuff Pack?
Because I want to create a world which only uses Pets and Showtime but I don't want to deinstall Movie Stuff Pack...

Regards Jawusa :-)

So I finally got around to buying the Movie Stuff Pack at a discount and will be adding it to the utility within the next couple of days.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 10:32 PM
V3.0 now supports Movie Stuff as well there is a possibility that it should support "Into the Future" as well; however we won't know until the EP is released on the 22nd. I'm not sure if I will buy the game straight out of the gate, but if I don't, I would appreciate anyone that does get it early to see if V3.0 identifies the EP correctly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 5:13 PM
I am pleased to tell you that It works for ITF for me aswell
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LenaLJ
I am pleased to tell you that It works for ITF for me aswell

well then.... I am pleased to hear that it works for ITF... now I can simply wait till ITF goes on sale for half price

I've been waiting patiently for you to tell me....

Thank you....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:20 AM
You, my future friend, are a genius.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sabri5
You, my future friend, are a genius.

Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 8:51 PM
thanks bunches
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:38 PM
you are welcome bunches
dodgy builder
#88 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 11:32 AM
I'm on the last patch and just reporting back that it seems to work with caw. I only had a few objects to choose from when I entered caw to test earlier.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm on the last patch and just reporting back that it seems to work with caw. I only had a few objects to choose from when I entered caw to test earlier.

much appreciated Volvenom...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#90 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 3:38 PM
I was looking for a base game starter program so I could build a base game lot without using EP/SP wall papers and patterns by mistake. I am going to give this a chance to work it's magic for me. Thank you.
I am guessing that if I go into a saved game and choose "save as" right away, then reverting to my old game won't lose EP traits of my binned Sims. I will "save as" my current game first. Then, use your tool just to make sure I have a game that wasn't opened with this. Hopefully, I won't lose the other stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
I was looking for a base game starter program so I could build a base game lot without using EP/SP wall papers and patterns by mistake. I am going to give this a chance to work it's magic for me. Thank you.
I am guessing that if I go into a saved game and choose "save as" right away, then reverting to my old game won't lose EP traits of my binned Sims. I will "save as" my current game first. Then, use your tool just to make sure I have a game that wasn't opened with this. Hopefully, I won't lose the other stuff.

There are always a lot of caveats when using a program like mine and definitely not a fault of my program, mind you, but a fault of the way that the Sims expansion packs have been designed.

For example, if I find a green alien in university and create a cloned family around this alien, then save. As long as University is installed, the alien family will retain all the alien traits. However, if you remove university and if you load up the alien family, you will find that the family is now simply a normal family that is green, without any alien trait. Saving the family will completely remove the alien trait forever, even though you re-instate University. Now all this was tested when university came out. For all I know, the base game may now contain all the traits of all the eps and the University EP is just another shell.

Of course you may think that this is a given, but saving and reloading with different expansion packs will definitely tax your grey matter as furniture and other by-products are replaced with similar items and some families end up invisible because the clothing you used have been de-installed.

Just remember to backup your whole EA directory and if you get into trouble, just point your finger towards Sanfrancisco
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 7:28 PM
This works great for doing the Dynasty Challenges from Carls Sims 3. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 2:35 PM
Danke
Ich hoffe,damit bekomme ich meine sims wieder zum laufen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 12:47 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 10:28 PM
Thank you this is great to have! Downloaded easily and is running smoothly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 10:54 AM
I visit here every few days to soak in the thank yous.... thank you for taking the time to Thank you. As to downloading easily you have thank Mod the Sims for that, but as to the program running smoothly, I accept your thank you graciously.

Thank you again for taking the time to thank you...
THANKS POST
#97 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 6:51 AM
thx~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:51 AM
This comes in very handy. Thank you.
Test Subject
#99 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:12 PM
Thanks, Ralphael! This works great. Just a few gotchas to watch out for. Disabling an EP will disable the CC for that EP (just the way it is and not caused by your program). Saving a new game with a reference to what EPs you are using (or not using) allows you to switch back and forth retaining all CC. I need this because Into The Future was very choppy/laggy with my other EPs running at the same time. This appears to have solved that issue. Still need a little more time to say for sure, but the initial finding is that it has helped.

Thanks again!!!
Instructor
#100 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 2:45 AM
Hi, I've read most of the comments, and cannot figure out if this program supports different mod configurations like Any Game Starter; for clarification, I would like to run different games with different mods installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thnx

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Page 4 of 6