Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 4:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My baby's in limbo!
I married off Chester Gieke to a townie named Camryn Santander and they have two kids, Emily Anne and Wolfgang. Somehow, they have become a glitch-plagued family!

There was a frightening glitch right as Emily Anne aged up to childhood (she became a red flashing bobble-head and as she dove for the cake her limbs seemed to come apart at the joints - yikes!) Then immediately my game crashed so I had to restart. I must have saved the game just as they were bringing her to the cake because that's where they were when I went back to them, and that time it worked fine. No harm, no foul, so I just carried on. Then came time for the second baby to be born, only Camryn seemed to stay pregnant forever! I wasn't really watching the days but it suddenly occurred to me that she should have had this kid already, so I consulted with my SimBlender and there were options to "Suspend Pregnancy" (which was greyed out, as if I'd already selected it, which I had not -- I didn't even know that was there!) and also to "Resume Pregnancy". I selected "Resume Pregnancy" and shortly afterward she had the child. Once again, I just chalked it up to a bizarre glitch and carried on.

So now little Wolfgang is a baby and he's been around for a couple days (three? Ish?) so it's probably time for him to age up to toddler, although I haven't seen any announcements or anything. Then suddenly Camryn puts him down on the kitchen floor and walks away . . . and nobody's been able to touch him since! He's lying there, moving around but his icon-background is green so I know he's okay. But if I tell either of the parents to "Hold Baby" or do anything else for him they stay put, although his picture is in the corner when they're selected, so I know they're thinking about him. Poor little fella! The parents aren't frozen or anything, because I can direct them to do other things and they do them, but then they go back to staring off into space and thinking about their son in the middle of the floor. It's creepy, aside from everything else.

The SimBlender doesn't seem to have any answers for me. I tried "Age to Toddler" but that didn't do anything. I even tried buying a birthday cake and telling one of the parents to take him to the cake, but no go. What about the Tombstone of Life and Death? Would that help? I hardly ever use TestingCheatsEnabled, so I'm not too familiar with it. I have even tried exiting the lot and re-entering, only like a genius I saved first, so I may have sealed my fate there. All suggestions will be appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 4:50 AM
Try forcing an error on the household.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Try forcing an error on the household.

On the whole household? Do I do that in Neighborhood View?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 3:13 PM
Just in case, I would also type an "aging on" cheat in the cheat console.
Forcing errors might also help, you can do force errors "on all" in lot view.
Lightly glitched sims can also be reset by being deleted in buy mode (with the moveobjects on code). Make a backup copy of the neighbourhood first.
Ultimately, moving out of the current lot almost always solves those ageing issues.

Provided they're not caused by some CC conflict.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 4:20 PM
It could be a CC conflict, I suppose, but I did just do a time-consuming 50-50 to resolve something else, and I really don't have it in me to do another one right away. Anyways, I tried the "Force Error" cheat but like I said , I really don't know what I'm doing there and I tend to avoid it if I'm not sure of it (I'm kind of a chicken, for a very good reason -- I'm not smart enough about this stuff to fix anything I might 'break' so I tread with caution, lol.) In the end, I moved them out of that house, bulldozed it, and built them a new one on the same spot. Sure enough, little Wolfgang was with his mom at the mailbox and he was a toddler now, so I think he was trying to age-up and got stuck. I never thought about the "Aging On" cheat, but that might have worked too. Thanks so much for your replies, @Peni Griffin and @Lili975!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 11:20 PM
Red flashing is a hardware issue with your graphics card. Try updating your drivers, dust out your PC, if it's a laptop be sure you are not straining it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~