Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#6101 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 6:47 PM
When all my teens bring home the same townie from school when there is a huge pool of teen townies available. Looking at you Sophie Miguel. And now that we are at it, why do you wear gym clothes as your every day clothes?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6102 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 10:35 PM
Sometimes I wish that the electronic noise makers (TV, video games, including computer and arcade) had their own separate volume slider. They're so much louder than everything else, and Sims love to spam them when they have free will. Especially those "movies" from Freetime. I sold the arcade game from my college dorms a long time ago because it was so annoying!
Mad Poster
#6103 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 5:26 AM
It when I want to play my game and Norton updates with a very bad update and stopped working correctly.It started ,aking my computer too slow and ate RAM before crashing Windows with a terrible menory leak.I've managed to stop Norton from starting up when my computer starts up.Ican at least load my game now later on.
Mad Poster
#6104 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 8:34 AM
@TadOlson I'm a bit worried that you might have no protection against viruses and other malware. I'm afraid that today, when we're all so dependent on the internet, and there are there are so many "nasties" around, you really are playing Russian roulette if you try to use an internet-connected computer without antivirus software. By all means get rid of Norton if it's causing you so much bother, but replace it with something reliable that you do trust. Myself I use F-Secure SAFE, which I do have to pay for every year, but at least I can live and play without feeling in constant danger.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#6105 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Sometimes I wish that the electronic noise makers (TV, video games, including computer and arcade) had their own separate volume slider. They're so much louder than everything else, and Sims love to spam them when they have free will. Especially those "movies" from Freetime. I sold the arcade game from my college dorms a long time ago because it was so annoying!

At least for the TV volume there is a solution. You can type:
"floatProp tvVolume [0.0 - 1.0]"
into your cheat console or Userstartup.cheat file. According to the the Simswiki a good low level is 0.2.
Forum Resident
#6106 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 3:29 PM
I really hate it on community lots when you have a large building, all the sims gather in one spot and so close together that they end up route failing. There needs to be a mod where sims can talk in groups of 2 or 3 in different parts of the building. After all, You don't see in real life people at a shopping store gathering at a front entrance as a crowd to talk and so close together that they can't move can you?
Mad Poster
#6107 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I really hate it on community lots when you have a large building, all the sims gather in one spot and so close together that they end up route failing. There needs to be a mod where sims can talk in groups of 2 or 3 in different parts of the building. After all, You don't see in real life people at a shopping store gathering at a front entrance as a crowd to talk and so close together that they can't move can you?

I do all the time, its one of my biggest real life pet peeves. Mostly elderly people. Or there's a group of teens that hang outside the entrance of KFC for some reason and take up the whole path even though its a main road. Drives me crazy, at least in Sims you can shoo people without them getting angry

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#6108 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@TadOlson I'm a bit worried that you might have no protection against viruses and other malware. I'm afraid that today, when we're all so dependent on the internet, and there are there are so many "nasties" around, you really are playing Russian roulette if you try to use an internet-connected computer without antivirus software. By all means get rid of Norton if it's causing you so much bother, but replace it with something reliable that you do trust. Myself I use F-Secure SAFE, which I do have to pay for every year, but at least I can live and play without feeling in constant danger.

I use AVG, which I have to tell to "Leave my AnyGameStarter Alone", but it asks before touching, and once it's told it does leave it alone. The basic version is free, so anyone can try without financial commitment if they want to.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#6109 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 7:53 PM

All the time. In front of the entrance door at the mall, at the veggie section in the grocery store blocking your way, in the middle of the sidewalk... basically anywhere it's convenient to stop and talk with whomever they've just met. Hasn't gotten much better the past year or so, either.

I call it sheep herd logic (the way a flock of sheep can and will block the road in front of a car and refuse to even acknowledge the existence of said car until they're in danger of being run down) - because said people also won't move until you're almost in their face. Talk if you will, but don't block the way for other people.

It's not routing fail, because they're not bumping into things and waving their hands (it's more me getting annoyed at not getting past, so... I guess it's a kind of routing block).
Field Researcher
#6110 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 10:13 PM

Oh so much. This is why I got rid of the gate and hedges at my cemetery. And I originally had one central door for my store, but I added one on each side as well. Forget about shopping. They'd rather congregate around the cashier and play red hands all day!
Field Researcher
#6111 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 9:24 PM
I also don't like when moving out sells everything in the house. IRL, most people leave the shower in place when they move out.
Mad Poster
#6112 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 11:15 PM
I also don't like when moving out sells everything in the house. IRL, most people leave the shower in place when they move out.
The thing I find most ridiculous is removing the fireplace and demolishing the chimney. It's really not a thing you can take with you when you move house -- a three-storey high brick-built chimney is not the easiest thing to fit into a removal van!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#6113 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 2:30 AM

And the loo.
Alchemist
#6114 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 2:13 PM
Mootilda and Phae's 'For Sale' Sign

Quote:
This little sign is a handy thing to plant in your yard right before you leave home for good. It will automatically keep your beautifully designed kitchen and bathroom built-ins, all light fixtures, and give you proper value for it when you leave. Based off Inge's StayThingsShrub; Programmed by Mootilda, mesh/texture and minor coding by Phaenoh, MTS.

Don't think it keeps fireplaces though...

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6115 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 2:36 AM
@AndrewGloria -I've got MSE which was once available on the Windows site and Malware Bytes is also installed.I have the Windows Firewall and can activate another one I installed recently after that bad Norton update that gliched Norton out.I had no protection with Norton enabled at all and was getting memory leaks forcing me to deactivate it.
Field Researcher
#6116 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 7:32 AM
I hate seeing the wedding veil on randomly created townies. I mean, it's not like they get married every day...
Mad Poster
#6119 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 3:47 AM
I've gotten a new firewall installed and this one was a free one though a lot better than Norton which was broken in it's last update and I'll have to try to get it updated manually though not over the holidays.
Community lot arrivals have always historically been a huge peeve with sims arriving to an already populated lot and sometimes a fight alrady in progress or sims cheatiing on marriage partners though not anymore with a new release from here put out a few days ago.It means community lots are no longer going to load pre-populated when my sims arrive.
Mad Poster
#6120 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 5:39 AM
That absolutely awful dancing snowman stereo? You know, the one you never use in your Sims' homes because it's such annoying sappy music that's only really appropriate for a shopping mall around Christmas? Well today as I was working on a shopping mall around Christmas, I discovered that that damned snowman isn't listed for community lots!

(yes, I know I can switch zoning around to get to it anyway, but still!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6121 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
That absolutely awful dancing snowman stereo?

I love that snowman!
Alchemist
#6122 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 4:15 AM
I like the snowman stereo, too. The only reason I don't use it more often is because it doesn't work like the regular stereo. IIRC, when you put the game on x2 or x3 speed, the songs also speed up, making them gibberish/unintelligible.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#6123 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 2:14 AM
when a Sim is full and rolls a want to eat certain food

Of course, if I have a Sim that I want to make a chef, they will NEVER rolls wants related to food, or career advancement.
Inventor
#6124 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 3:26 AM
I can't stand the crude, unrealistic mixing of facial features at the roll of dice. Although I don't know much about biology, I doubt that taking the entire "nose" as a unit in inheritance is strongly grounded in reality. The game already has the means of blending two faces that is smooth, and the facial structure data is enormous, and should describe the face in much greater detail.

The simulated characters often exhibit artificial stupidity for comical effect. Perhaps it is most objectionable in their eating behavior. Being attracted to the restaurant podium by the Shopping motive, and eating until the whole neighborhood is fat. Walking a long distance up stairs to put down plates in a toilet. Doing more group talking than eating despite being starved and late for work.
Forum Resident
#6125 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 3:50 AM
Ah but that's where we come in as players. To make sure the sims are doing the right thing. Directing them makes them follow some form of common sense. But then again the game's A.I. isn't capable of learning from mistakes.
Page 245 of 274