Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#27676 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 4:53 PM
I just tested it on a copy without the mod and it works perfectly, in buy mode and with a sim visiting the lot. Links it to the original. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27677 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Does anyone know what mods actually break scripted events in pre-made neighbourhoods?

I'm not aware of certain mods, but if the game flags the lot as already visited, it can break them. Try resetting those lots with LotCleaner.

Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I just tested it on a copy without the mod and it works perfectly, in buy mode and with a sim visiting the lot. Links it to the original. :lovestruc

Right. This is the same with buyables. Like if you get a buyable aspiration award, hobby plaque, Numenor's found waterfall, etc., so you can place it, you don't need to include it in an upload because it is just calling a GUID that is already in the game.
Forum Resident
#27678 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 1:20 AM
Hey, I know moving the mailbox on residential homes can cause some wonk, but what about moving the payphone on comm lots?
Link Ninja
#27679 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Hey, I know moving the mailbox on residential homes can cause some wonk, but what about moving the payphone on comm lots?

Moving or removing? I move pay phones around all the time so they aren't in that same middle spot on the other side of the sidewalk and have no issues with sims visiting it.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#27680 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 3:10 AM
I move mailboxes on residential lots. Actually, I never leave a mailbox in front of the house and it's been many many years. Never had any problems. I move pay phones all the time too and usually hide them in a bush or tree and haven't experienced any problems there either.
Forum Resident
#27681 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
I move mailboxes on residential lots. Actually, I never leave a mailbox in front of the house and it's been many many years. Never had any problems. I move pay phones all the time too and usually hide them in a bush or tree and haven't experienced any problems there either.

Moving the mailbox screws up some cutscenes and leads to some routing wonk, and possibly more in my experience. Which makes sense as it is a lot controller, and not meant to move. My question is simply if the payphone has any similar functions. You can buy more, but I don't know if the game expects it to be there.
Link Ninja
#27682 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 6:21 AM
Moving the mailbox screws up some cutscenes and leads to some routing wonk, and possibly more in my experience. Which makes sense as it is a lot controller, and not meant to move. My question is simply if the payphone has any similar functions. You can buy more, but I don't know if the game expects it to be there.

I've placed multiple payphones on a community lot (it was a long big lot), the game seems to just pick one as the 'main' to where sims walk to or the taxi pulls in front of.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#27683 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 11:28 AM

I've had a lot without a telephone (by accident) and it didn't seem to affect the port that sims arrive at. However, the lot was a 1x1 so there wasn't much space for them to move on anyway. In a bigger lot I'm sure it would have changed their arrival area. The game will (I do believe) will send sims to the nearest door that is available.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27684 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 12:49 PM
Moving the mailbox screws up some cutscenes and leads to some routing wonk

This always amuses me no end, seeing the taxi arrive in the living room or a bus drive through the house! I've never had any problems other than the cut scenes though.
Inventor
#27685 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 12:53 PM
I've been wondering for years - decades, almost - if there is any real difference, in terms of consequences, between rehearsing "speech" or "romance". I haven't been able to notice any. Are there?
Mad Poster
#27686 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 1:17 PM
Ok, I've got a doozy, and I don't know if anyone can help solve it:

I have BV and I have tried without success any time to have a family own a house and actually be able to play that house in a BV hood.
After arrival, about 5 minutes into playing an individual house, it freezes.

Totally. No movement, nothing. Total and absolute freeze-it cannot be played. I can't do anything with the pixels or the house. I usually just back out and go back to the original hood, with no saving.

I don't have CLT in my game any more, but I do use the visitor controller, to keep the house free of unwanted pixels.
It's just so frustrating and infuriating to not be able to play an owned lot in any vacation hood, including a created hood.

However, this does not happen with hotels. The one time I used a hotel it was successful, and I was able to play the couple who visited.

So does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I'm stumped. I don't believe it's a mod because there doesn't seem to be any variation on the problem with any family.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Theorist
#27687 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 1:42 PM Last edited by topp : 29th Jul 2021 at 1:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
I've been wondering for years - decades, almost - if there is any real difference, in terms of consequences, between rehearsing "speech" or "romance". I haven't been able to notice any. Are there?
Practicing romance, besides charisma, builds the hidden (unused/useless?) romance skill. Turns out, it doesn't - both interactions build only the charisma skill, and with Seasons, the romance skill code was tied to the plantsim sunlight motive in some way:
d/208570

So yeah, no differences. The romance skill is accessible for editing through SimPE, but I wouldn't mess with it.
Mad Poster
#27688 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Ok, I've got a doozy, and I don't know if anyone can help solve it:

I have BV and I have tried without success any time to have a family own a house and actually be able to play that house in a BV hood.
After arrival, about 5 minutes into playing an individual house, it freezes.

Totally. No movement, nothing. Total and absolute freeze-it cannot be played. I can't do anything with the pixels or the house. I usually just back out and go back to the original hood, with no saving.

I don't have CLT in my game any more, but I do use the visitor controller, to keep the house free of unwanted pixels.
It's just so frustrating and infuriating to not be able to play an owned lot in any vacation hood, including a created hood.

However, this does not happen with hotels. The one time I used a hotel it was successful, and I was able to play the couple who visited.

So does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I'm stumped. I don't believe it's a mod because there doesn't seem to be any variation on the problem with any family.

Do you have Cyjon's Slower LTA Gain?

Some years ago my vacation clock started freezing within an hour of arrival at a vacation home (I did not try it with hotels) and when I did the 50/50 the culprit was definitely Slower LTA Gain. Discussion on here turned up one other person who had the same problem. Because this was so weird I went ahead and gave Cyjon a head's up about it in spite of his request that we not ask him to troubleshoot his mods anymore, and he was sufficiently weirded out (he compared it to all the toilets flushing when you flip on the lights) that he eventually modified the mod; but by that time I'd changed computers so we were never able to establish 100% whether the mod fix fixed it, or if the crucial difference between my setup and almost everyone else's had already done so.

Anyway, if you have that mod, and in particular if you've had it for awhile, I say test it without that mod in, and if that turns out to be the culprit, download it anew and test that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#27689 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 4:02 PM
I've definitely had the "everything is frozen on vacation" bug and switching to the other version of Cyjon's mod did fix the issue for me.
Alchemist
#27690 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Jul 2021 at 7:12 PM.

The only issue with moving them that I know of is that they act as a portal, so when we move the mailbox on the residential lot, the first time those sims move in, the taxi goes to the box, but after that, it's no issue. With the payphone, I move them all the time, but I will want them in a place that makes sense for the sims to go as they arrive, because they will walk right to it, so, just inside the front door is great, it gets them inside, but around back of the building is not just because it looks dumb when they all walk there. Other than that, no issues, but I rarely use taxis or cars.
Mad Poster
#27691 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 6:59 PM
I deleted the mod and I'm not too sure I'll be putting it back in-but taking it out definitely unfroze the lot, and the pixels are happily on vacation.

Thanks, Peni for the answer to the most pressing problem I've had since I got BV-I've never been able to use it because of this!

Theorist
#27692 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
The only issue with moving them that I know of is that they act as a portal, so when we move the mailbox on the residential lot, the first time those sims move in, the taxi goes to the box, but after that, it's no issue. With the payphone, I move them all the time, but I will want them in a place that makes sense for the sims to go as they arrive, because they will walk right to it, so, just inside the front door is great, it gets them inside, but around back of the building is not just because it looks dumb when they all walk there. Other than that, no issues, but I rarely use taxis or cars.
It's a fairly important mechanic, because in Castaway Stories, EA kept the objects, just gave them a different appearance - they're named Spawn Point in that game and look like a rock. They cannot be picked up, moved around or deleted by normal means. Similarly to TS2, when moving a family in a lot without the spawn point, the game will revert to buy mode with no live mode available, however playing the family after they've been moved in without the spawn point is possible, like it is without the mailbox. Borja20 discovered this when unlocking the hidden items for barter mode.
Mad Poster
#27693 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 8:34 PM
Happy to be of service! If you like the mod - and something certainly has to be done about LTA gain if you don't want sims going permaplat before they get their first kiss - you should certainly try out the new one. By the time Cyjon got it fixed I'd gotten used to using No LTA Permaplat, but that's a more extreme solution.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#27694 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 11:09 PM
My game keeps crashing. I only play one neighborhood and I seem to have two problem households: my Piccolo and Silva families. They seem to crash in particular when I have parties or at community lots. Both are larger households (not my largest), with 8+ Sims/pets. Piccolo's are on a huge lot, Silva's on a smaller lot. Not sure if any of this matters.

Anyways I've run the HCDU and Hoodchecker, nothing alarming comes up. So I'm not sure what is causing the problem and I've resulted to trying to see if it's bad CC. If anyone else has an idea what it could be please let me know. In the meantime I'm trying to find out if there is an easy way to detect bad CC and remove it. I've never used SimPE or Clean Installer but can those help? Any tips much appreciated
Mad Poster
#27695 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 11:25 PM
Aside from using HCDU to detect conflicts and looking for that one bad CRES file the only way to tell for sure that some piece of CC is causing a problem is to take it out and see if the problem is fixed, usually via binary search.
Mad Poster
#27696 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
My game keeps crashing. I only play one neighborhood and I seem to have two problem households: my Piccolo and Silva families. They seem to crash in particular when I have parties or at community lots. Both are larger households (not my largest), with 8+ Sims/pets. Piccolo's are on a huge lot, Silva's on a smaller lot. Not sure if any of this matters.

Happening with more than 8 sims suggests it could be related to RAM.

Have you done the 4GB patch and GraphicRules? Are you using high-poly CC with large textures (some 4t2/3t2 hairs/clothes in particular, usually conversions from player-made content)? Issues with pink-flashing (or have you had it at any point)?
#27697 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 3:06 AM
You might be right - I tested all CC and didn't narrow it down to a single cause. My game crashed this evening and instead of getting the message "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate," the game just closed and I didn't get any message. I have tried the 4GB patch but never got it to work. The GraphicRules fix worked for me - it got rid of all of the pink flashing and such. And yes, I'm definitely using some higher poly content. I'm just surprised I've never had issues with my one household that has a couple, their 10 kids, and a dog.

Tomorrow I'll try and get the 4GB patch to work again.
Alchemist
#27698 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 3:36 AM
You might be right - I tested all CC and didn't narrow it down to a single cause.

Did you turn on "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" to see if you get an error with a log file? Checking the log might give you a clue to the object causing the crash. Might save you some time.
Mad Poster
#27699 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 5:01 AM
Tomorrow I'll try and get the 4GB patch to work again.

Copy the EXE to the desktop, run the 4GB patch there, and move/replace the EXE back to the original location. That worked for me, anyway.
Lab Assistant
#27700 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Copy the EXE to the desktop, run the 4GB patch there, and move/replace the EXE back to the original location. That worked for me, anyway.

If you're running windows 10, it as issues with freeing up ram. There is a very short code you can write that will fix it and clear the standby list. What happpens is that the ram goes into standby, but is never actually freed up for use by the game. You can write a short bit of code to clear this list every 5 minutes or so, and most ram based crashing will stop. Its 3 am, but I can edit this tomorrow with proper instructions on how to do it. Figured it was still worth mentioning as it might be easily searchable in the meantime.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Page 1108 of 1339