Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 9:24 AM Last edited by Joselle : 17th Nov 2021 at 3:38 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Scan revealed GUID conflicts, but there shouldn't be any
Hola!
I've been making some things lately, and for the fun of it, decided to run the tool in SimPE to check for GUID conflicts. From what I'd read, objects meant to override Maxis ones (such as fixes) would show up, so those didn't surprise me.

What did surprise me is that objects I've made that have custom GUIDS from my personal list showed up there (I had a loooong time ago reserved my 250 block from the SimPE site, and ever since it's been down, I've been hashing them myself and keeping a running list of the ones I've used). Now, to be clear, NOTHING'S going weird, but it's bugging me that GUIDS from my list are showing up as being in conflict with some other objects'.

So, my question is: how do I figure out what my objects are conflicting with? It showed the GUIDS in the scan results, but that doesn't tell me what objects are supposedly being overridden.

EDIT: To clarify, NOTHING I've uploaded to MTS showed up (except the Art Nouveau doors and window, which should be there) in the list: only some unreleased items did.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Inventor
#3 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 8:44 PM
@HugeLunatic not OP, but which types of conflicts are critical when looking at objects? (I mostly get OBJD conflicts about duplicate objects)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 9:40 PM
Usually just GUID conflicts. If you have defaults, then you also have bhavs, bcons, str, ttab, tta. SimPE can scan for those as well, but for me it is very laggy. HDCU also has the option to scan a specific folder, so if you have your cc sorted really well, or doing the 50/50, it's even quicker to scan.
Inventor
#5 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Softlism : 18th Nov 2021 at 12:03 PM.
@Hugelunatic Will it also show GUID conflicts with Maxis objects, or only with other CCs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 6:05 AM
@HugeLunatic: THANK YOU!!!!!! I downloaded the conflict detector last night, and I've been checking through everything that popped up in SimPe.

Good News: I am a dork: the object in question (an arch I made, to be released later) was placed in two separate folders in my Downloads, so it was conflicting with itself XD. Fixed easily, things are good; most of the other items that showed up are made by other people and I either accidentally put the same object in two separate folders, or the original version in one folder and an updated version in another folder (also easily fixed).

Thing is, there are a number of objects that are conflicting with things in the game files, and I'm not sure how to get those to show up. I tried clicking Configuration and putting in where my game is installed, but when I click scan, nothing shows up when I scan the folders where the problem objects are. Only thing I can think of is that I set the Objects.package to read-only--could that be why?

Sorry if that's a very difficult question, but I would like to get these seen to, now that I know such conflicts exist (especially since I've now started looking at the MTS threads where I got these items and no one else has mentioned conflicts, so I want to let the other creators know)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 11:54 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 18th Nov 2021 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Joselle
HugeLunatic: THANK YOU!!!!!! I downloaded the conflict detector last night, and I've been checking through everything that popped up in SimPe.

Good News: I am a dork: the object in question (an arch I made, to be released later) was placed in two separate folders in my Downloads, so it was conflicting with itself XD.

haha, I literally just did this.
Quote: Originally posted by Joselle
Thing is, there are a number of objects that are conflicting with things in the game files, and I'm not sure how to get those to show up. I tried clicking Configuration and putting in where my game is installed, but when I click scan, nothing shows up when I scan the folders where the problem objects are. Only thing I can think of is that I set the Objects.package to read-only--could that be why?

I think to check for conflicts with game objects, you will need to use SimPE's Scan Folders, and tick GUID. To speed up the scan, you could remove cc folders you know don't conflict.

Scratch that, HDCU v2.1 now will check against game objects as well!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 4:56 AM
@HugeLunatic So I downloaded ver. 2.1 also and tried to run it, but it thew up this error message: "Unable to open/read 'objects.package' from (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res')

I have the objects.package file set to Read Only--do I need to change that? Again, sorry if this is a difficult question, but that's really the only thing I can think of as to why it says that
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 8:35 AM
"it is necessary to tell it where to find the objects.pacakge file for the latest expansion you have installed. From the "File" menu, select "Configuration..." and either enter or browse to the install location (where the CSBin, TSBin and TSData sub-directories are located)"

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 8:56 AM
@whoward69 Hello, I'm enjoying the program you made!

The error message I put up is the one I keep getting, despite having gone through "FIle-Configuration-etc", which is why I'm confused.
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 9:23 AM
The CSBin, TSBin and TSData sub-directories are NOT located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res", so you have the config path wrong

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 10:01 AM
@whoward69 Okay, so then that is "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff". I just tried doing that through Configuration and is it supposed to hang and say "Not Responding? (I know with some things it's supposed to do such, but with Ver 2.0 it didn't. Sorry if I sound like an idiot).
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 2:42 PM
It will read every object from the game, that is going to take some time depending on your machine's specs - while it does it it will look like its hung.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 10:18 AM
@whoward69 Thank you so much for your help and for this program--I was able to learn which objects were being overriden, and can now take the proper steps to fix them!
@HugeLunatic Thank you for pointing me towards the HDCU programs!