Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 10:02 PM
Default Shorter workdays and vacation for employees in OfB
Hi!

I'm looking for a mod that makes the employee-status more desirable compared to the non-sim owned jobs. Now it's longer then average days, often less chance of promotion and salary increase and not even mentioning the lack of vacation days.. I want shorter days (9-15 or 9-16) and vacation for my pixels, now it's like sacrificing one pixel to work for another one that have a much better life, but I don't want to rely only on townies to be employed in the sim-owned businesses.

So far I've seen this mod but I still feel I have to do a bit of tweaking on my own and I hope someone have further suggestions?

Global mod with reduced working hours would be preferable, if vacation days are included I'm even happier.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 10:43 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 15th Jan 2022 at 11:18 PM.
You can give OFB employees vacation days using the Sim Manipulator or similar, and they do work, but there's nowhere I know of where you can see how many they've got. I just keep giving them another five vacation days so they don't get sacked. I think the game may tell you how many you've got left when you take one and get paid for it, and get the message to say you've used a vacation day.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 7:23 PM Last edited by SIMposiast : 19th Jan 2022 at 7:24 PM. Reason: stupid mobile's dinky keyboard
The popup message doesn't say how many days remaining, only that you used one day's PTO. I'm surprised it doesn't show days remaining in the work info panel but I never had a playable be employed in an owned business belonging to another sim. I need to try that. But the Bonsai of Wisdom shows how many hours of PTO a sim has and you have to divide this by 15 to get days of PTO. And no, there's no such thing as partial PTO in this game. I've tried. You keep the hours and get the skipped-work ding to your job performance.