Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 9:40 AM
Default Does Sims 4 work offline?
As the title says, does Sims 4 work offline at all?
(well you know, "work" :P)
I'm moving soon, as as things stand I might end up in a place without any kind of internet connection for months at the very least. Desperate to have SOMETHING to hold my debatable sanity together with when I have no internet, no TV, no nothing, I'm hoping there's a way to play Sims 4 (and this other game, House Flipper) without a connection.
Does anyone know there is a working offline mode?
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 10:05 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 1st Sep 2022 at 10:45 PM.
If memory serves, I think it does eventually load the game, and I do mean eventually after a long time, if you try to load it with there being no internet connection whatsoever. Origin will take an age to "decide," and you will always have to log in with Origin so that Origin knows you are the correct user, - not that it can confirm this online as there is no online, just from stored log in details - but the game is loadable. But expect that age-long Origin faff about wait before play. Origin is a hive mind. Works best when loading with an online connection. Loading Origin without internet connection, it's a bit of a slow dunce. Probably spending most of that long load time desperately searching, double-searching, triple-searching for divine online connection, before finally giving in to the horrifying fact it is alone. Default to log in details, thank you for your patience.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
If memory serves, I think it does eventually load the game, and I do mean eventually after a long time, if you try to load it with there being no internet connection whatsoever. .

On my machine it is much faster, Origin client and also the game without ads to load to flash in your face, it's ideal if don't mind the absence of online features.

But there's a catch, your login details expire and eventually you need some internet connection to re-verify them. It's a more of a temporary offline game, but not a true offline game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 6:03 AM
Thank you both, Coolspear1 and Citysim, it is good to know that if things do turn out that way it will work - if I just leave Origin to chew it all for long enough.
If I end up living in this place I'll be without any kind of internet connection for three, possibly four months at the most (because that is as long as I suspect I can take it, honestly), would that be too long for this "temporary but not true offline game" mode?