Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fried Chicken (Restaraunt Meals at Home Series)

by Morague Posted 28th Jun 2007 at 11:14 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 5:57 AM by Morague

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 11:59 PM
Love it! Simple at the end, but I'll bet it took a lot of work! Definitely appreciated, my sims need to have some fried chicken! THANKS!
Instructor
#27 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 10:54 AM
It looks delicious!
Instructor
#28 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 1:46 AM
Hey Morague, I just noticed in my game that sometimes my Sims will cook the fried chicken in the oven, whilst others will fry it over the stove top. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 3:01 AM
Hey.
I have a problem;
when i first load up TS2 it says that theres an error or something along those lines, (the one where it asks you to either disable or enable the custom content?)
well, i've tried enabling it-- and the food doesn't work.
ANY food i've downloaded doesn't work, for that matter.
got any advice?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:45 AM
punkrockgoth1988 - yes - sometimes they fry it, sometimes they bake it & sometimes they do both! It just depends on the game logic as to which one happens.

Wienhold - I can't think of any reason this wouldn't work for you. Literally thousands of people have downloaded & installed it & it works. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have Nightlife.
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 9:12 AM
Hello! I'm new to the "food modifications", so I have a question: will it overwrite the default Maxis foods or just add to them?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 10:59 AM
These just add to the existing home cooked meals. All of my foods have their own gUIDs & don't interfere with the existing restaraunt meals.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:09 PM
Yummy..thanks..
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:27 PM
Ooooo yummy for my tummy Great job Morague, thank you for sharing.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:05 PM
Glad to see this mod, my sims are asking to learn how to cook the restaurant foods with Freetime. I will try it out! Thanks alot!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:13 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Glad to see this mod, my sims are asking to learn how to cook the restaurant foods with Freetime. I will try it out! Thanks alot!
Anyone know if this mod actaully allows them to fulfill that silly freetime "learn to make Xunmakable food" want? Because, that'd be awesome. And making food stand food available for sims to cook at home would also be awesome. ^_^
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 1:14 AM
I got to say this looks Delicious! awesome job thank you for your efforts! (^_^)v
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 2:07 AM
Can you make all the Bon Voyage vacation foods available for home?
Field Researcher
#40 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 9:30 PM
Thanks for the extra food choice.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 1:40 AM
bluejean,

I have started working on the BV meals but making foods takes a lot of time I need to make new meshes & add in all of the cooking/prep steps because all that is included is the finished food. I am getting there but it will be awhile.
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 5:56 AM
Morague, please tell me how to make the fried chicken package show up in my game. I have all your other wonderful foods and they work great. I do have the Nightlife ep and the other the other 3 foods in the series show up. I would really love to have this one in the game. Is there something else I can do to make it show up?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 12:03 PM
Hmmm, this is very strange. Is it possible you have an older version hanging around somewhere? Also, check the sims cooking skill level - it needs to be 3. Does it show for any families at all? Does one family show the other 3 meals but not the Fried Chicken? Did you try redownloading it - maybe you got a corrupted package. I really don't know....
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:31 PM
Is there something wrong with the way the food is eaten? My sims start eating these meals and they get it half-finished just in time to 'bump' out to fat ^^; only my hugely overweight sims actually ever finish the meals
Space Pony
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:23 AM
The chicken has about the same amount of food points as chili so should not fill them up more than 2/3 full if they were at red when they started. How hungry are they when they start to eat? Also, are they being affected by after-vacation bonuses or have they selected a benefit that reduces their need for food - I can't remember which Aspiration it is, but I am fairly certain one of them reduces their food needs.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 8:44 PM
I love this. My Sims do, too. They make it a lot. Even when I haven't told them to!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 5:00 AM
Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
The chicken has about the same amount of food points as chili so should not fill them up more than 2/3 full if they were at red when they started. How hungry are they when they start to eat? Also, are they being affected by after-vacation bonuses or have they selected a benefit that reduces their need for food - I can't remember which Aspiration it is, but I am fairly certain one of them reduces their food needs.

Well the Sim who was eating was known as Jill Smith - she's from Strangetown - and she was fit when she started eating it. I worked on a relationship between her daughter and her husband and by the time I checked - about a sim hour later - she was only half-way through the plate and was at the fattest level of fat.

No she didn't have any bonuses - her two aspirations were fortune and family and neither should have affected it. Though she did have the 'less food' need bonus so that was probably it. I'll just have to watch her from now on ^^;
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 5:40 PM
Thanks to the good stuff that has come to share.
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 10:08 PM
wow! nice XD looks absolutley um YUMMY! :D
Page 2 of 4